WBJEE 2017 Merit List – The merit list of WBJEE 2017 will be published by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) in the month of June. WBJEE merit list will be based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination. WBJEE merit list 2017 will be published in the name of General Merit Rank (GMR). The merit list of WBJEE will contain the ranks obtained by all the qualified candidates for admission to B.E/B.Tech courses offered by the participating institutes. Separate merit rank will also be published for the reserved category candidates. However, only the GMR will be applicable for counselling and seat allotment process. In case, one or more candidate secure the same rank, the tie breaking resolution will be applied to determine the rank in WBJEE 2017 merit list. Along with qualifying in the entrance examination, candidates also have to fulfil the eligibility criteria as defined by the Board for admission. If any candidate is found to be ineligible, his/her candidature will be cancelled even after securing a merit rank. The WBJEE merit list 2017 will be provided here as soon as it is published by WBJEEB. Interested candidates may go through the article given below to know more information about WBJEE 2017 merit list.
Latest: WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment Result – Check here
WBJEE 2017 Merit List Dates
|S.No.||WBJEE 2017 Merit List Events||Dates|
|1.||WBJEE 2017 exam held on||April 23, 2017|
|2.||WBJEE 2017 answer key published on||After April 23, 2017|
|3.||Declaration of WBJEE result 2017||June 05, 2017|
|4.||WBJEE 2017 merit list will be released on||After June 05, 2017|
How to check WBJEE 2017 Merit List
WBJEEB has declared the result for all the candidates on June 5. Now, as the result has been declared, the WBJEE 2017 merit list can be expected to be published soon. In order to check the merit list, candidates may follow the steps given below.
- Click on the link which will be provided on this page
- In the login page, enter WBJEE 2017 roll number and date of birth.
- After entering the credentials, click on the ‘submit’ button
- WBJEE merit list 2017 containing the rank of the candidates will appear on the screen
Highlights of WBJEE 2017 Merit List
- The WBJEE merit list 2017 will consist the rank of the candidate.
- The Board will prepare the merit list on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in WBJEE 2017
- WBJEE merit list 2017 will be published in the name of General Merit Rank (GMR).
- The ranking in the merit list will be done in the descending order of the total marks secured by the candidates in all the subjects.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for the respective category such as SC rank, ST rank, OBC-A rank, OBC-B rank, PwD rank, TFW rank. However, for WBJEE 2017 counselling and seat allotment process, only the GMR will be applied
- On the basis of the merit list, the participating institute of WBJEE 2017 will offer admission to eligible candidates into various undergraduate engineering courses
WBJEE 2017 Merit List Tie-Breaking Method
If two or more candidates obtain equal rank, WBJEEB will follow the inter-se merit or tie-breaking mechanism to break the tie. The tie-breaking method used for WBJEE 2017 merit list is given below:
- Aggregate of less negative marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Aggregate of less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the 02 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 02 marks questions
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 02 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 02 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 02 marks questions
If the tie still persist after implementing the above-mentioned tie-breaking rules, the date of birth (DOB) of the candidates will be considered to break the tie. The older candidates will be given the first preference than the younger one and will be allotted a higher rank.
Keep following latest updates on, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on WBJEE 2017.