WBJEE Exam Centres 2018 – The exam centres of WBJEE are the places where WBJEEB will conduct the entrance test on April 22, 2018. WBJEE exam centres will be allotted to candidates as per the preference of city opted while filling the application form. WBJEE 2018 will be held in around 20 districts of West Bengal, in Assam and Tripura. The districts of West Bengal are further divided into different zones. Candidates have to select three cities in order of their preference while applying for WBJEE. WBJEEB will attempt to allocate WBJEE exam centre in the first preferred city of the candidates. The conducting body reserves the right to drop any exam zone in case of unavoidable situation. Once WBJEE 2018 exam centre is allotted, request for change for the same will not be entertained. Candidates can check the list of district wise exam zones and other relevant information about WBJEE exam centres 2018 below.
WBJEE Exam Centres 2018
There are around 42 cities in West Bengal where WBJEE 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode. The cities are divided among 20 districts of West Bengal. Apart from exam cities in West Bengal, WBJEE will also be held in two other state- Assam and Tripura. Candidates can check district wise WBJEE exam zones and their respective codes from the table given below:
WBJEE exam districts and zones
|Districts||District code||Zone||Zone code|
|24 Pgs North||88||Barrackpur-Barasat88||881|
|24 Pgs South||89||Diamond Harbour||891|
WBJEE Exam Cities- Outside West Bengal
The state-wise WBJEE exam cities and codes outside the West Bengal are given below in the table:
WBJEE exam zones and codes
|State||State code||Zone||Zone code|
WBJEE Exam Centres 2018- Important Points
Below are some of the important points related to WBJEE exam centres 2018:
- Allocation of WBJEE exam centres 2018 will be done as per the choices selected by the candidate while filling the application form.
- Discretion of the Board in allocation of WBJEE exam centre will be final. Request for change of allocated centre will not be entertained under normal circumstances.
- Candidates have select three zones in order of preference in WBJEE application form.
- Candidates from states other than West Bengal, Assam and Tripura have to select three zones from Kolkata/Howrah/North 24 Pgs/ South 24 Pgs in order of preference.
- Any WBJEE exam zone may be dropped if there are inadequate numbers of candidates.
- Candidates will be allowed to enter WBJEE exam centre 30 minutes before commencement of the test.
- No candidate will be allowed to seat for the test in any exam centre other than the one mentioned on their WBJEE 2018 admit card.
About WBJEE 2018
WBJEE is a state level examination conducted every year for admission to 44 B.E/B.Tech courses offered by around 104 institutes in West Bengal. WBJEE 2018 will be held in the offline mode on April 22. Students who have passed class 12 or any other equivalent examination with minimum 45% (40% for reserved category) are eligible to appear for the entrance exam. In 2017, around 1 lakh students qualified WBJEE and filled an approximate number of 35,000 seats in the participating institutes.
Stay tuned to https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on WBJEE 2018 For any doubt or query – Comment below