The WBJEE 2014 Application form has been released on 18 December 2014 and the candidates who have filled the application form or aspire to fill the form have been facing certain problems regarding the domicile/residential certificate, income certificate, date of birth certificate etc. The official authority has issued a notification regarding the queries received by them over telephone and email. The explanation given by the authorities have been state below and is expected that the information will serve the candidate’s purpose and issues on various certificate issues.
Domicile/ Residential certificate if applicable:
- The certificate must be presented or provided in proforma A1 or proforma A2 or in proforma B as mentioned in the WBJEE 2014 information brochure.
- If the candidate wants to provide the document in proforma A2, The signing authority must be the head of the institute from which the candidate has cleared his/her 10+2 exam. In case, the head of institute is not available then the person holding the position in that period shall be the signatory.
- In case the candidate opts for Proforma A1 or proforma B, then the signatory must be some government official and the list of government signatories is state in section 5.3.3 of the WBJEE 2014 information brochure. The applicants must use proforma B only in case they have not resided in West Bengal continuously for 10 years even if they are currently residing in the state.
- The candidates opting for proforma A1 or proforma B, where the signatory is a government official, filling of the following information is not mandatory:
A) signatory mobile number
B) ID number of signatory
- The applicants are also required to provide a photocopy of their voter ID card/ passport of either of their parent along with the domicile/residential certificate. In case the candidate’s either of the parent do not possess a voter ID card, a photocopy of any valid photo ID card of of the parent issued by the central or state government bearing their address shall be provided by the applicant.
The applicants interested in availing the TFW scheme are required to submit the duly filled income certificate. The income certificate must clearly state the annual total family income for the year 2012-13. The certificate must have signatures of government officials and the list of the official signatories is mentioned in the section 16.1.4 of WBJEE 2014 information brochure. The candidates not wanting to avail TFW need not produce the income certificate.
The TFW scheme is only applicable to the candidates seeking admission into undergraduate level of engineering/technology, Pharmacy & Architecture and not to medical/dental courses.
Date of Birth certificate (DOB):
The birth certificate issued by any municipal corporation, municipality, and panchayati under a state/UT government is a valid date of birth proof. The applicants not possessing the class X admit card or registration certificate of registration for qualifying 10+2 exam or the candidates for whom such documents do not record the date of birth, should submit the duly attested copy of the birth certificate instead.
The applicants only must duly attest all the documents and photograph including the parents/guardians documents.
Other Helpful Links: