VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2017 enlist the requirements that the candidates need to fulfill to be eligible for the examination. The eligibility norms comprise of Age, Nationality and Educational qualification of the candidates. The candidates must know about the Eligibility Criteria of VITEEE 2017 before applying for the examination as after the final submission of the form, if any of the applicant is found ineligible, application fee will not be refunded to them. Candidates, who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria levied by the conducting body, will not be granted admission. Hence, candidates are advised to read the article on VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria given below on this page.
- Under Andhra Pradesh, a new examination centre Tanuku has been added. The centre code is 109.
- Exam centre Eluru, code 187, under Andhra Pradesh and Telangana till last year, is now a centre only in Andhra Pradesh. The code has also been changed to 103.
VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria Regarding Nationality
For VITEEE 2017 both national and international candidates may apply. Under international candidates, Foreign National, Person of India Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizens of India, Children of Indian works abroad, and Non-Residents Indians (NRI) are allowed to apply.
- Certificates/Documents: During the application form submitting, the Indian nationals will have to submit scanned copy of the Photo ID card to prove their nationality. Whereas, the foreign nationals will have to submit a copy of Valid Passport and Visa of both the candidate and the parents. If not this, then the international aspirant must submit a copy of the citizenship card to fulfill VITEEE 2017 eligibility criteria. The NRI candidates will also be required to produce Employer Certificate of Father or Mother. Whereas, for the grade points, the equivalency marks card from the school will be required.
VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria Regarding Age Limit
The only age criterion for VITEEE is that the candidate should have been born on or after 1st July 1995.
• Certificates/Documents: The University will only consider High School/SSC/X certificates to match the age. Candidates will have to submit it while filling the VITEEE 2017 Application Form. Another time it will be required during verification of documents, in the VITEEE 2017 counselling round.
VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Education Qualification
For Indian Nationals – The aspirants must possess the following education qualifying to be eligible for VITEEE 2017.
- Candidate should have studied the qualifying examination from the Regular or Full Time or Formal Education institute.
- The candidate must have had Mathematics/Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the core subject in the 10+2/equivalent.
- The aggregate marks in the above mentioned subjects should not be less than 60%.
- The minimum aggregate VITEEE 2017 eligibility criteria is 50% for those candidates either belong to SC/ST category or are the resident of Jammu and Kashmir/North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh/Assam/Manipur/Meghalaya/Mizoram/Nagaland/Sikkim/Tripura.
Certificates: The candidates will have to submit marks sheet, as prove, during form filling and VITEEE 2017 Counselling. Also, the candidates of the above mentioned states will also be required to submit a Certificate Nativity.
For NRI and Foreign Candidates – The criteria for both is a little different. The NRI candidates are exempted from appearing for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination and may apply for the direct admission. The education eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2017 to be fulfilled are as below:
|NRI Candidates||Foreign Candidates|
|Must have completed 12 years schooling, equivalents to 10+2 in Indian education system, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology||It is mandatory for the foreign nationals to have studied English as a core subject in qualifying examination.|
|Must have secured 60% aggregate in PCM/B||Apart from English, candidates must also have Mathematics and Physics as the core subjects.|
|Candidates who have studied Physics Science, but had the combination of Physics and Chemistry, are required to produce certificate of approval, as published by school and approved by AIU/Board of Studies||The third subject can be Chemistry/Computer Science/Electronics/Bio-Technology/Biology etc. The aggregate should not be less than 60% in the qualifying examination.|
Note: If the candidate has studied PCM then they may apply for all the B.Tech courses. However, PCB stream students may only apply for B.Tech in Bio-Medical Engineering or Biotechnology programmes or B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (after joining mathematics will be a mandatory bridge course).
VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Qualifying Examination
The applicant should have either appeared for the qualifying examination in the year 2017 or must have completed the course in the same year. The qualifying examinations include the following:
For Indian Nationals
- The qualifying examinations of 10+2, which are conducted by, or under the supervision of, the State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE).
- Two year Pre-University or Intermediate examinations which are organised by any other recognised Board/University.
- High School Certificate (HSC) examination certificate received from the Cambridge University, International Baccalaureat Diploma granted of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level from London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka.
- From last year onwards, VIT University has also included NIOS in the list of the qualifying examination. Now, any candidate of Nation Institute of Open School, who fulfills the other criteria as well, may apply for the examination.
For Foreign Candidates
- GCE Examination from the UK, with Higher Grade in five subjects at the Ordinary level.
- High School Certificate (HSC) examination certificate received from the Cambridge University.
- International Baccalaureate examination of Geneva
- High School Graduation/ from an institute of USA or Canada, which are accredited.
- High School Graduation/Diploma from Board Schools of China, Thailand, Indonesia, Bhutan, Syria, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Gulf countries.
- 12 years secondary stage qualifications from National Examination Board/Council of Ministry of Education of Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda.
- High School Certificate and Cambridge School Certificate A level from the institute if Mauritius, which is accredited.
Note: These are just few listed qualifying examinations.