VITEEE 2017 Counselling – The counselling of VITEEE 2017 round-II has started from May 15 to 22, for candidates with rank 20,001 to 99,999. For VITEEE counselling, candidates have to report at any of four campus of VIT University as per their rank in entrance exam. VITEEE counselling 2017 procedure is a single window admission system for all the B.Tech courses offered in campuses of VIT University. The counselling session is being held in two rounds. The round-I of VIT counselling for rank 01 to 20,000 candidates was held from May 10 to 12, 2017. The admission committee has shortlisted candidates for the counselling session based on their All India Rank (AIR). During VITEEE 2017 counselling procedure, seats are allocated to the shortlisted candidates based on their merit rank, preferences of courses and campus and availability of seats. During the VITEEE counselling 2017, candidates must carry the relevant documents for verification purposes. VITEEE 2017 will be the basis for admission to 5000 seats in 17 B.Tech courses offered by the University. Read complete information on VITEEE 2017 counselling, schedule, availability of seats, list of relevant documents and other details from the article below.
Note: Candidates must note that two new campuses has been introduced by VIT University in Bhopal (MP) and Amaravathi (AP). They can report to these campus as well to participate in VIT counselling procedure.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Schedule
Based on merit rank, candidates is being called for VITEEE counselling. VIT University has announced the dates for counselling round-I and II, which is given below in the table Candidates must reach the VITEEE 2017 reporting venue as per their rank allotted to them.
|1||8000||May 10, 2017||Wednesday|
|8001||14000||May 11, 2017||Thursday|
|14001||20000||May 12, 2017||Friday|
|20001||25000||May 15, 2017||Monday|
|25001||40000||May 16, 2017||Tuesday|
|40001||55000||May 17, 2017||Wednesday|
|55001||70000||May 18, 2017||Thursday|
|70001||85000||May 19, 2017||Friday|
|85001||99999||May 22, 2017||Monday|
Eligibility for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
Candidates must check the VITEEE counselling eligibility criteria is mentioned below.
- VITEEE rank holders from 01 to 99,999 can participate in counselling process at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal (MP) and Amaravathi (AP) campuses
- The candidates with rank 1,00,000 and above are not eligible for admission in Vellore, Chennai and Amaravathi campus
- The rank holders upto 1,50,000 will be eligible to participate in VITEEE counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP) only. The dates for the counselling will be announced later
Note: The candidates will be allowed to attend VITEEE counselling 2017 only once.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Procedure
Candidates must go through complete admission process of VITEEE counselling from the points mentioned below. The admission procedure is divided into following categories.
- Notification of VITEEE Counselling
- Schedule of VITEEE Counselling 2017
- Shortlisting of candidates
- Issuance of counselling admit card
- Advance payment
- Reporting to VITEEE 2017 counselling centres
- Seat allotment process
- Document verification
- Display of vacant seats after VITEEE counselling
The procedure of VITEEE counselling 2017 is elaborated below.
Step 1. Notification of VITEEE counselling – VIT University has notified the dates of counselling along with venue and other important details. Candidates can check the information of counselling on this page. VIT result 2017 has been announced on April 23. And now, all the qualified candidates have received an SMS for the notification about VITEEE 2017 counselling procedure.
Step 2. VITEEE counselling 2017 schedule – The dates of VITEEE counselling has been announced. The counselling for phase-I has started from May 10 to 12 for the candidates with rank 01 to 20,000. It displays the date, time, slot and rank-wise schedule. The university has announced an expected time-table for VITEEE counselling 2017, which is provided in the above on this page. As per the schedule of counselling and rank, the candidates must report to their preferred campus.
Step 3. Shortlisting of candidates – The candidates are shortlisted by the university based on their cutoff. The cutoff of VITEEE has been released in the form of opening and closing rank. As per the All India Rank, the candidates are selected for counselling procedure. Every year, the number of selected candidates is usually more as compared to the seats available, so to avoid the condition of unfilled seats. This also helps candidates next in merit position of absentee to get admission.
Step 4. Issuance of VITEEE Counselling Admit Cards – The VITEEE counselling 2017 admit card have been mailed to shortlisted candidates. It must be downloaded by the candidates to produce during counselling process. For a better clarity, candidates can check the image of counselling admit card given below.
Step 5. Registration – Candidates must report to the counselling venues for registration and can select any campus or branches as per the availability of seats based on VITEEE ranking. The counselling is to be held in four campuses of VIT University located at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal (MP) and Amaravathi (AP). Candidates can attend counselling in any of the campus.
Step 6. Advance payment – The selected candidates are required to submit a Demand Draft of Rs. 50, 000/- in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore, after the confirmation of seat and acceptance of branch allotted. In this amount Rs. 12,000/- is considered as counselling fees, which will be adjusted as a tuition fee once the candidate joins university.
Step 7. Reporting to VITEEE 2017 counselling centres – After checking the schedule of VITEEE counselling, candidates must report to counselling centres as per their rank and on time. Candidates must report to the centre is person along with all relevant documents. A parent or guardian must accompany the candidate.
Step 8. VITEEE seat allotment– Under the counselling procedure, seats are allotted to candidates as per their rank, preferences of courses and campuses and seats available for each course. A total number of branches offered under B.Tech programme, a total number of seats allocated in each branch and a total number of seats available in each course, are displayed for the convenience of candidates. In case of unforeseen reasons, a candidate is unable to attend counselling session, he/she can report in subsequent round after informing the authority. The university will organise a second round of VITEEE counselling to fill the vacant seats left.
Step 9. Document verification – Once VITEEE seat allotment procedure is over, candidates must furnish the list of required document for verification purposes. Candidates must carry the documents during counselling process. If any document left, he/she will not be allowed for admission.
Step 10. Display of vacant seats after VITEEE counselling – After the completion of each round of VITEEE 2017 counselling procedure, the university publishes the availability of seats in each course and campus. The seat availability status helps candidates to get an idea of courses, in which they can be granted admission into.
Documents to be furnished at the time of counselling
During counselling, the candidates should produce the following original documents with two set of photocopies.
Note: If anyone has lost their admit card, can download their VITEEE admit card here.
- VITEEE 2017 admit card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Class X board certificate as proof of birth date
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination
- Class XII hall ticket (if result is awaited)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST candidates)
- VITEEE 2017 Counselling admit card
- Nativity Certificate (for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Northern Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Copy of VITEEE 2017 Result
- Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore
- Student profile
Apart from the above documents, candidates must submit following document as well:
- Ragging affidavit by students
- Ragging affidavit by parents
- Hostel affidavit by boys and girls
- Certificate of physical fitness
Candidates are allowed to participate in the counselling process, only after verification of documents and Demand Draft. If a candidate fails to produce any of the documents, he/she will not be considered for admission.
VITEEE 2017 Phase 1 Counselling day-1 status
VITEEE 2017 Phase 1 Counselling day-2 status
Important Instructions for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
The candidates appearing for VITEEE counselling must check the following instructions to avoid any confusions.
- It must be noted that the candidates called for VITEEE counselling procedure do not guarantee for admission
- The counselling schedule published by the university cannot be changed under any circumstances. No request to change the date and time will not be entertained
- Candidates must carry the tuition fee as prescribed by the university to the counselling.
- More than the required number of candidates are being called for VITEEE 2017 counselling for admission to B.Tech courses. Therefore, the University do not guarantee for the admission to all the candidates
Amount of fees to be paid during of VITEEE counselling
Candidates are required to pay the total amount of tuition fee at the time of VITEEE counselling. All the payment have to be made through Demand Draft in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore and Chennai. The candidates are advised to carry DD to VITEEE counselling centre. Check the fees to be paid for different groups and other related instructions below.
- For Group A – Rs. 2,50,000/- and additional demand draft in increment of Rs. 50,000/-
- For Group B – Rs. 3,00,000/- and additional demand draft in increment of Rs. 50,000/-
- The balance fee has to be paid on or before June 12, 2017, either through DD or online mode. The details regarding the online payment will be updated on the website after counselling
- Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000 drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore
- No request for the extension of fee payment to be accepted under any circumstances. If the balance fee is not paid, the provisional admission will automatically get cancelled
- All the necessary documents have to be submitted along with it
- The candidates appearing for phase-II of VITEEE 2017 counselling will be notified regarding fee details
- The balance fees of has to be paid on or before June 12, 2017
- If the candidate has paid extra amount, it will be adjusted in next year fee
Highlights of Previous Year VITEEE Counselling
For the convenience of candidates, we are providing some major highlights of VITEEE counselling below.
- Last year, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was the top priority of candidates appearing for counselling in VIT University, Vellore
- All the 722 seats in CSE of Vellore campus was filled on the first day of counselling phase-I held at Vellore and Chennai
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) was the highest test takers, with 133 out of 710 seats in Vellore campus
- 92 out of 710 seats in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) in Vellore campus was filled on the first day
- For Civil Engineering, only 04 seats were filled out of 276 seats in Vellore campus
- All the top 05 rank holders appeared for VITEEE counselling in two campuses selected CSE in Vellore campus
- Out of 273 seats in CSE in Chennai campus, 26 seats were filled, while VITEEE counselling was held for candidates with 8000 ranks
- Out of 295 seats in Mechnical Engineering, 05 seats were filled in Chennai campus on the first day
- 04 out of 295 seats in Chennai campus in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was filled
- No seats was taken by the candidates for Civil Engineering out of 220 seats in Chennai campus
Previous Year VITEEE Seat Matrix
Candidates can get an idea of previous year availability of seat after every round of VITEEE counselling in the images given below.
Vacant seats after Day 1
Vacant seat after Day 2
Vacant seats after Day 3
To know the schedule of VITEEE 2017 counselling and other details about VITEEE 2017, stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/