UCEED Syllabus 2018 – The syllabus of UCEED comprises sections that candidates have to cover for the entrance examination. UCEED syllabus 2018 is divided into six sections – visualisation and spatial ability, observation and design sensitivity, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, design thinking and problem-solving. Each section prescribed for UCEED 2018 syllabus is further divided into various sub topics. As per the exam pattern, UCEED 2018 has three types of questions – Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). An insight to UCEED syllabus will help candidates to prepare for the examination in a more organised manner. Candidates can check the entire UCEED syllabus 2018 below on this page.
UCEED Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of UCEED 2018 comprises six sections. Each section is further divided into various topics. Candidates preparing for UCEED 2018 must cover the prescribed syllabus to obtain a good score in the examination.
UCEED Syllabus 2018 – Sections
|1.||Visualisation and spatial ability|
|2.||Observation and design sensitivity|
|3.||Environmental and social awareness|
|4.||Analytical and logical reasoning|
|5.||Language and creativity|
|6.||Design thinking and problem-solving|
UCEED Exam Pattern 2018
Along with the syllabus of UCEED, candidates must have an understanding of the question paper structure. The exam pattern of UCEED will help candidates to know about the sections, distribution of question and marks etc. Candidates can, accordingly, plan out a full proof strategy to prepare for UCEED 2018. An overview of UCEED exam pattern is given below:
UCEED 2018 Exam Pattern
|1.||Examination mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|2.||Medium of language||English|
|3.||Sections||Section A – Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Section B – Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Section C – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|4.||Total number of questions||85|
|5.||Distribution of questions||NAT – 20
MSQ – 25
MCQ – 40
|7.||Marking scheme||NAT – +4 for correct answer; no negative marking
MSQ – +4 for correct answer; no partial/ negative marking
MCQ – +3 for correct answer; -1 for incorrect response
Section wise UCEED Syllabus 2018
As UCEED is a design aptitude test, the syllabus is designed to test the aptitude of the candidates. Of the three sections, only the ‘Environmental and social awareness’ section will test general awareness. Candidates can check the topics outlined under each section of UCEED syllabus 2018 below:
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Visualisation and spatial ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Observation and design sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Environmental and social awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc.
- Implications of the above mentioned environmental factors on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture and literature.
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Language and creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension
- Knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc.
- Vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives.
- Ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
UCEED Syllabus 2018- Design thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
About UCEED 2018 – The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is conducted by IIT Bombay for admissions to Bachelor of Design (B. Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur. UCEED 2018 will be a computer-based test to be conducted in January 20, 2018 across 20 cities in the country. Students who have passed class 12 in Science, Commerce or Humanities/Arts streams in 2017 or appearing in 2018 are eligible for UCEED. Based on score obtained by candidates in UCEED, the participating institutes will fill around 105 B.Des seats.
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on UCEED 2018
For any doubt or query – Comment below