TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria is the list of norms defined by Anna University, Tamil Nadu for students seeking admission to engineering institutes through TNEA Admission 2017. The Eligibility Criteria of TNEA 2017 includes details about nativity, academic qualification etc. Every student must check if they are eligible for admission before filling up the Application Form of TNEA 2017. If any candidate is found to be ineligible, his/her candidature will be cancelled and the application fee will not be refunded either. In the article given below on this page, interested candidates can check all important details related to TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TNEA Admission 2017, candidates must assure they fulfil the following criteria required for admission in the Engineering Institutes in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu who have qualified Class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in the state are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates domiciled in Tamil Nadu who have appeared any of class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII or any equivalent examination outside the state can also apply provided they enclose the certificate of Nativity in electronic form/ digitally signed e- certificate.
- Ward of All India service Tamil Nadu working as cadre officers can apply for admission.
- Candidates whose atleast one of the parents have been employed in Public sector or in any institution for the past five years recognised by the Government of Tamil Nadu. A certificate from the employer along with the application form must be enclosed stating the duration and details of employment.
- Candidates belonging to other states who have studied their class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in Tamil Nadu are also considered eligible for admission. They are not required to provide any certificate of nativity.
Sri Lankan Refugee
Refugees from Sri Lanka who have studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission under open competition provided they enclose the following certificates:
- Certificate of Identification from the Tahsildar of the Head Quarters
- Students who have not registered in the refugee camp will require submitting a copy of passport, letter registered with the police station and visa.
Candidates have to fulfil the following criteria defined in regards to academic qualification to be eligible for admission:
- Students must pass H.S. or any equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the core subjects.
- Candidates belonging to Backward class including Backward Muslim class have to secure an average o 45% in the above mentioned subjects.
- There is a relaxation of 10% for candidates belonging to MBC, DNC, SC, ST and SCA category. Hence, in the qualifying examination, they must obtain a minimum 40%.
- Candidates who have passed HSC (vocational subjects) with any one of the subjects namely Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics are also eligible to apply for admission. They must secure the average qualifying percentage similar to that defined for students appearing for HSC or equivalent examination mentioned above.
Marine Engineering Branch
- Applicants have to pass the qualifying examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate in PCM and English as a separate subject.
- In class X or XII, candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English.
- Candidates should not be more than 25 years of age.
- The weight and height must also be at least 48 kilograms and 157 centimetres respectively. They must also have normal colour vision.
Mining Engineering Branch
Female candidates who wish to apply for this course must note the following points:
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46 (1) women are not eligible to be employed (a) In any part of a mine which is below ground; (b) in any mine above ground except between 6:00 AM till 7:00 PM.
- As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86 (2) no adolescent or women shall descent or ascend a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless accompanied by one or more adult males.
- The applicants must also satisfy all the academic requirements as mentioned above.
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for updates on TNEA Admission 2017