Before proceeding to fill the application form for admission in engineering undergrad courses (B.E/B.Tech) for session 2015-16, you must read the Thapar University 2015 Eligibility Criteria. Admissions shall be made on the basis of JEE Main 2015 as the university will not conduct any entrance exam of its own.
Hence, if you want to apply, you must satisfy the JEE Main 2015 Eligibility as well. Basically, eligibility is a set of terms and conditions which must be met by the candidate to become valid for the exam and admission process. If you have filled the form and skipped any of the condition, your form will be rejected. Read the complete terms of eligibility in the following article.
Thapar University 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed class XII or any equivalent exam from a state or central recognized education board.
- He must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Physics and Math as mandatory subjects.
- He must opt for any one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science as optional.
- Candidate is required to attempt JEE Main 2015 with at least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates).
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the admissions.
- Candidate must be born or or after 1 October 1990 (5 years age relaxation for SC/ST/PwD candidates i.e. 1985).
You can contact the university for any query related to Thapar University 2015 Eligibility and admissions process:
Thapar University, P.O Box 32, Patiala, Punjab Pin -147004
Phone: +91-175-2393021, Fax: +91-175-2364498, 2393020