SMIT B.Tech 2017 Admission – Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT), the conducting authority, has conducted the SMIT B.Tech 2017 offline exam on April 30, 2017, for UG engineering courses. Apart from SMIT B.Tech exam, the admission to B.Tech programmes will also be done on the basis of scores of MU OET 2017 or JEE Main 2017. The application form of SMIT B.Tech 2017 was available until April 20, 2017. All the candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for SMIT B.Tech 2017 examination. The result of SMIT B.Tech 2017 will be declared on May 05, 2017. As per the marks secured in SMIT B.Tech, the candidates will be called for counselling process, in which seats will be allotted. Read the article for more details about important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, counselling process and more of SMIT B.Tech 2017.
Salient Features of SMIT B.Tech 2017 Admission
- SMIT B.Tech 2017 Admission was held for admission into various engineering courses offered by the University.
- Admission in SMIT was on the basis of scores obtained by candidates either in the offline test, JEE Main 2017 or MU OET 2017.
- Candidates also have to satisfy the eligibility norms defined by the University for admission.
- The admit card was issued for the candidates who successfully applied for the examination. It was sent by post.
- The result and rank list of SMIT B.Tech 2017 will be declared online.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling. The verification of documents will be carried out at the time of counselling.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Programmes
The following engineering programmes are offered by the University:
|S.No.||Name of Programmes|
|01||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|04||Computer Science & Engineering|
|06||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must qualify class XII or any equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics as core subjects along with any one subject out of Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology as an optional subject.
- In the qualifying subject, candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% in the subjects mentioned above taken together.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category, they have to achieve a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for 10+2 examination in the year 2017, can apply for the test.
- The candidates who had done diploma in any branch of engineering from a recognised State Board of Technical Education are also eligible.
- General candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in aggregate, whereas reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC) must have obtained 45% marks taken together in PCM.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Selection Procedure
Admission to the University will be on the basis of score/rank obtained in the following examination:
- SMIT 2017 offline test
- JEE Main 2017
- MU OET 2017
The offline exam for SMIT B.Tech 2017 has been held on April 30, 2017. Check all the important dates of SMIT B.Tech 2017 from the table below. The candidates must go keep a track on vital dates and ensure that they do not miss any important event.
|01||Last date for receipt of filled in application form for SMIT offline test and JEE Main candidates||April 20, 2017|
|02||SMIT B.Tech offline test||April 30, 2017|
|03||Declaration of result||May 05, 2017|
|04||1st round of Counselling for Reserved Categories (Sikkim, Defence, GTA, NE, PMF)||May 25, 2017|
|05||1st round of counselling for General JEE Main 2017 canddiates||May 26, 2017|
|06||1st round of counselling for SMIT 2017 offline candidates:||May 27, 2017|
|07||2nd round of counselling through JEE/SMIT Offline Test||June 02, 2017|
|08||Orientation and Commencement of classes||July 17, 2017|
The application form of SMIT B.Tech 2017 was available in both online and offline mode. The candidates were required to register for the SMIT B.Tech before April 20, 2017. Details for both the mode was given below in brief:
Offline Application Form
- Candidates have applied through the offline mode which has been downloaded the form or obtain it from the bank.
- All the required fields in the form was filled carefully. Applicants have affixed their recent passport sized photograph.
- After filling all the details in the form, candidates have sent a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Sikkim Manipal University” payable at Gangtok along with the filled in form to the Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus).
Online Application Form
- To apply in the online mode, candidates have filled the registration form by filling their personal details.
- Upon successful registration, candidates received an email containing the URL along with the Email ID and password required to login to get access to the online application form.
- Candidates have paid the prospectus fee in the online mode. Once the transaction was successfully done, they started filling up the application form.
Fee structure for SMIT B.Tech 2017 Application Form
|Application Form||Rs. 100|
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Exam Centres
Sikkim Manipal University conducted the exam in around 27 cities situated across the country. Check the names of exam centre along with the codes below:
|S.No.||Name of Cities||City Code|
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Admit Card
- The admit card was sent through post to the address mentioned in the application form by the candidates.
- Students were also informed about the availability of admit card via mail and telephonically as well.
- In case, candidates have not received the admit cards, they have reported to the test centre along with the examination fee payment receipt/challan and the photocopy of the filled in application form.
- Candidates have also registered and got the admit card at the test centres. They have made a payment of Rs. 1600.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus defined for the entrance test includes three subjects namely, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It was similar to the one prescribed for class XII Boards.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Sample Papers
The University has provided sample papers for candidates to practice and get a prior experience of the offline test. Regular practice has assisted students with the pattern of the examination and it helped them to prepare more effectively for the examination. Therefore, every student who wished to score well in the examination have solved sample papers on a regular basis.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Result
The University will declare the result on May 05, 2017. The result will be available online. The result card will contain the subject wise marks obtained by the candidates in the offline test.
SMI B.Tech 2017 Rank List
After the result is declared, the University will also prepare the rank list for the candidates qualifying in the offline test. The ranks will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English. Thea admission will be done based on the ranks obtained by the candidates in the test.
SMIT B.Tech 2017 Counselling
The centralised counselling will be conducted by the University for candidates who seeking admission through SMIT B.Tech 2017, JEE Main 2017, MU OET 2017. Candidates shortlisted for admission will be called for the counselling. They have to be physically present for the counselling to make the choices of course. Candidates also have to pay the admission fee and verify their documents at the time of counselling.
Office of Dy. Controller of Exam-Tech,
SMU, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology,
Majitar Rangpo, East Sikkim-737136
Phone Number: 246216, 246217, 246219, 246312; Extension No: 235, 688 & 689
E-Mail ID: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Official Site: http://smu.edu.in/
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on SMIT B.Tech 2017 Admission