SET Eligibility Criteria 2018 – Candidates seeking admission at Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Pune must fulfill SET eligibility criteria 2018. SIT has laid out SET eligibility criteria that candidates of Indian origin, as well as international students, must meet to take admission in the institute. SET eligibility criteria 2018 provide details about minimum requirements related to nationality, academic qualification etc. that candidates need to satisfy for admission. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria of SET. Apart from the entrance test, SIT will also admit students to its five B.Tech programmes based on JEE Main as well as MHT CET 2018 merit. Admission in the institute through any of the entrance test is subject to the fulfillment of SET 2018 eligibility criteria. Candidates can check SET eligibility criteria 2018 from the article given below on this page.
SET Eligibility Criteria 2018
Aspirants must read the eligibility criteria defined by SIT before applying for SET 2018. After the final submission of SET application form, if any candidate is found to be ineligible, it will lead to the rejection of the application. The application fee will not be refunded either. SET eligibility criteria 2018 for both Indian and International candidates is given below:
SET Eligibility Criteria 2018- Indian Students
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 or any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject as an optional subject.
- In the qualifying examination, applicants must have secured at least 45% in the above-mentioned subjects taken together.
- For SC and ST candidates, the minimum percentage required to be eligible for admission in SIT is 40%.
- Candidates must have obtained good score in any of the entrance examination- SET 2018, SET 2018 or MHT CET 2018.
SET Eligibility Criteria 2018- International Students (Foreign Nationals/Non Resident Indians/PIO)
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Technical vocational/ Biology as an optional subject.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must obtain at least 45% in the above-mentioned subjects taken together.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must score a minimum aggregate of 40% in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- Candidates do not have to appear for the entrance examination such as SET/SET/MHT CET in India.
- International students have to meet the eligibility as per SCIE norms.
SET Eligibility Criteria 2018- IB/ Cambridge Board (IGCSE)
Candidates belonging toInternational Baccalaureate (IB) / IGCSE Board have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
1) IB Board: Candidates must have been awarded full IB Diploma as a qualification for entry to the professional course at SIT. Applicants must have passed Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry at Higher Level (HL), with a minimum score of 24 credits and completion of other mandatory requirements for award of IB Diploma.
2) IGCSE Examinations: Candidates must have passed in minimum of 5 subjects including English. The candidate must have passed subjects of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry in advanced level (A Level) and English at a minimum of ordinary Level (O Level) in A, B or C Grade.
SET Eligibility Criteria 2018- Reservation of seats
A certain number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to specific categories. The reservation criteria defined by the Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune is given below:
SET 2018 reservation within sanctioned intake
|S.No.||Category||Reservation of Seats (in Percentage)|
|03||Differently able students||3%|
SET Reservation of Seats- Over and above sanctioned intake
|S.No.||Category||Reservation of Seats|
|1||Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats|
|2||International Students (NRI/Foreign/PIO)||15%|
About SET 2018
Symbiosis Entrance test commonly known as SET will be conducted for admission to its B.Tech programmes. Candidates appearing in SET have to attempt 100 multiple choice questions from PCM. SIT will fill a total number of 420 seats on the basis score obtained by candidates in either SET, SET or MHT CET 2018 provided they fulfill SET eligibility criteria of SET 2018.
Stay tuned to https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on SET 2018 For any doubt or query – Comment below