SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria provide details about the requirements that candidates require fulfilling for admission at SASTRA University. Admission into the engineering programmes offered by the University will be done on the basis of candidates’ performance either in JEE Main 2017 or Class XII Boards. Only those candidates who will satisfy all the mandatory norms defined by the University will be able to take admission in their desired courses. Therefore, before applying for admission, candidates must check all the rules laid for eligibility. In the article given below on this page, candidates can check details about SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2017, candidates must check the eligibility and ensure that they are eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria is given below:
Age Limit: Candidate’s age should not be more than 18 years as on July 01, 2017, to be eligible for admission at SASTRA University.
- Candidates have to qualify Class XII examination recognised by any State Board/ Central Board or any equivalent examination.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must pass with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Bio- Technology as an optional subject.
- Candidates must secure a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.
- Vocational students are also eligible for admission based on the theory subjects taken by them.
- Students having a diploma in Engineering/Technology are eligible to take admission directly to the second year of the relevant B.Tech programme.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2017 Admission Procedure
Admission to all the B.Tech courses will be conducted under the following two stream:
- Stream 1- Based on JEE Main 2017 scores along with 10+2 marks
- Stream 2- Based on 10+2 marks
Stream 1 – Applicants under stream 1 will be admitted on the basis of their performance in JEE Main 2017 and normalised marks of Class XII/ equivalent examination. 70% of the seats will be filled through this stream. The weightage for scores in JEE Main 2017 and Class XII marks will be 25% and 75% respectively. Applicants will be ranked on the basis of the combined score.
Stream 2 – The remaining 30% of the seats will be filled through this stream. Admission under this stream will be carried out on the basis of the normalised aggregate of Class XII or its equivalent examination. Students getting 1st rank in class XII of any Board will be considered to have obtained 100% marks. The aggregate marks obtained by all other students will be normalised with reference to that of the first rank holder. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the percentage calculated after the normalisation of marks.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on SASTRA University B.Tech 2017