Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) University will not conduct entrance examination. Instead, will fill UG B.Tech seats for session 2015-16, as per JEE Main 2015 and class XII score. Candidates must submit application form for SASTRA University B.Tech 2015 Admission. The forms are available online and offline. While submitting the form, candidates will have to submit the application fee as well. To more about SASTRA University 2015, read the article below.
Summary of the Admissions
- Name – Sastra University B.Tech Admission 2015
- Type – Undergraduate
- Level – All India Level
- Selection mode – JEE Main 2015 and class XII marks
- Conducting Institute: Sastra University
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Selection Process
70% of the candidates will be chosen on the basis of performance (score and rank) in JEE Main 2015 and class XII exam conducted by education board. For the remaining 30% of candidates, normalized aggregate score will be accounted. Ranks shall be assigned with giving 75% weight to normalized class XII marks and 25% weight to JEE Main 2015 score.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are suggested to read the eligibility criteria to make sure that they are eligible to participate in the admission process. It is a set of terms and conditions defined in the aspect of age, domicile, education and category which is required to be met by the candidate. Following is the eligibility criteria for the candidates to read and refer:
- Candidate must have passed in class XII or any equivalent examination as recognized by state or central education board.
- He must have passed in math and physics in qualifying exam as compulsory subjects.
- It is needed to pass in Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology as one of the optional subjects.
- Candidate must score a minimum percentile of 60% aggregate in physics, math and chemistry.
- Eligibility for vocational students is based on the theory subjects chosen.
- Candidates with diploma in engineering or technology courses are eligible for direct admission to the 2nd year of the relevant B.Tech. stream.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Paper Pattern
University shall not conduct any entrance exam of its own. Admissions will be made as per class XII marks and JEE Main 2015 result.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form to apply for the admissions.The application form were released on 30 March 2015. Candidates can fill it, either online or offline.
The form must be filled with correct and complete information. You have to enter details of personal, educational and communicational information. There are several modes to get the application form and apply. Candidates can get the application from:
- By post on payment by Demand Draft in favor of SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD must be sent to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
- Download the application form thru the official website of Sastra University.
- Getting the form personally from the SASTRA University campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or at No.5, Subbaraya Nagar, Chennai.
- From selected branches of IOB and City Union Bank.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Application Fees
- Pay Rs.600 in person and Rs.650 by demand draft.
- On the reverse side of DD, mention application number, name, mobile number, address and email ID.
- Keep a copy of the application form and DD for future reference.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Counselling and Seat Allotment
- Counselling will be held for all the candidates who score marks more than the cutoff.
- These candidates will be included in the merit list.
- Further, they shall be given the chance to mark options of colleges and courses.
- Counselling will be done online and option filling will be done in decreasing order of preference.
- Seat allotment shall be made on the basis of ranks.
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Tentative Schedule
- Admission process begins from – 1st week of April 2015
- Last date to submit application form – 1st week of June 2015
- Release of rank list – 1st week of June 2015
- Counselling – 3rd week of June 2015
Sastra University B.Tech 2015 Contact Information
Sastra University, NH 67, Tirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur- 613401, Tamil Nadu
Phone: 04362 304 000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,