PTU B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria provide details about the eligibility requirement for admission into various engineering courses offered by the member institutes. The admission will be done on the basis of scores obtained in JEE Main 2017 and NATA 2017. In order to take admission, candidates have to fulfil the Eligibility Criteria of PTU B.Tech 2017. The set of norms is defined by the conducting body and it includes resident status and academic qualification. If any candidate is found to be ineligible at a later stage, he/she will be debarred from the admission process. In the article given below on this page, candidates can check details of PTU B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
PTU B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Every aspirant seeking admission into the institutes allotting seats through PTU B.Tech 2017 must be aware of the eligibility criteria and ensure that they fulfil it before filling up the application form. The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- For admission to the engineering courses, 85% of the seats will be open for candidates from within the state and the rest of the 15% seats shall be open for candidates belonging from outside the state.
- Admission will be made on the basis of JEE Main 2017 Rank for both 85% quota for candidates belonging to Punjab and 15% quota for candidates from outside Punjab.
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 examination from any Board recognised or established by the central/state Government.
- Candidates must have studied 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology as an optional subject.
- After the central counselling, if any seats of B.Tech (Bio- Technology) remains vacant, candidates who have studied Chemistry as a core subject along with Mathematics/Computer Science/Bio Technology/Biology as an optional subject will be eligible for admission.
- Students who have passed Diploma in any Engineering Trade from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal/ Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or any other equivalent examination can also apply for the exam. The Diploma must be passed from any other recognized State Board of technical Education.
- The candidates who have qualified two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of engineering and Technology, Longowal can apply for admission.
- Students appearing in the qualifying examination can also take part in the counselling. However, the selection will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 Merit. The admission of such candidates will be provisional. If any candidate fails to fulfil the eligibility requirement at the time of counselling, he/she will not be granted admission under any circumstances.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on PTU B.Tech 2017