PTU B.Tech Admission 2017

0
7620

PTU B.Tech Admission 2017PTU B.Tech Admission 2017: I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar is conducting admission to various degree level engineering courses in the state of Punjab. There will be no entrance test conducted by the authority as the admssion will be solely on the basis on JEE Main 2017, NATA 2017 and class XII examination. Candidates have to appear in counselling procedure for PTU B.Tech admission 2017. During PTU B.Tech admission process candidates have to pay the counselling fees, fill the registration form, enter their choices, participate in seat allottment process, report to the allotted institute and verify the documents. IKGPTU will hold Centralized Online Counselling for admission to undergraduate B.Tech. Courses in the campuses/participating colleges of IKGPTU Jalandhar, PAU Ludhiana MRSPTU Bathinda based on JEE Main 2017 Rank/qualifying 10+2. The counselling of PTU B.Tech is conducted in two rounds. To know details about PTU B.Tech admission 2017 process and important dates, eligibility, counselling, registration seat allotment go through the article below.
Latest: PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling – Check here
             PTU B.Tech 2017 Application form – Apply here

 


PTU B.Tech 2017 Important Dates

Below are the counselling schedule of PTU B.Tech 2017 conducted on the basis of JEE Main 2017:

S.No. Events Dates
PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling Round 1 Schedule
1. Counselling fee can be deposited from May 10 to 29,2017
2. Registration for counselling June 01, 2017
3. Counselling registration ended on June 05, 2017
4. Rank preparation and updation JEE Main Rank will befollowed
5. Choice filling could be done on Choice filling will startsimultaneously
6. Round 1 seat allotment result will be announced on June 08, 2017
7. Reporting in the allotted institutes has to be done between June 08 to 13, 2017 (3:00 pm)
PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling Round 2 Schedule
1. Counselling fee deposition June 6 to 13, 2017
2. Registration for counselling will start from June 15, 2017
3. Counselling registration will end on June 18, 2017
4. Rank preparation and updation JEE Main Rank will befollowed
5. Choice filling could be done on Choice filling will startsimultaneously
6. Round 1 seat allotment result will be announced on June 20, 2017
7. Reporting in the allotted institutes has to be done between June 23, 2017

PTU B.Tech 2017 Important Dates for Class 10+2

Below are the counselling schedule of PTU B.Tech 2017 conducted on the basis of class XII examination:

S.No. PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling Dates Round 1 Events Dates
1. Counselling fee deposition May 10, 2017 to May 29, 2017
2. Registration for counselling started from June 1, 2017
3. Counselling registration ends on June 13, 2017
4. Rank preparation and updation June 15, 2017
5. Choice filling could be done on June 15 to 18, 2017
6. Round 1 seat allotment result will be announced on June 20, 2017
7. Reporting in the allotted institutes has to be done between June 20, 2017

Salient Features of PTU B.Tech Admission 2017

  • Punjab Technical University will grant admission to shortlisted candidates at various engineering institutes in the state of Punjab.
  • Admission will be done based on the students’ performance in JEE Main 2017 and NATA respectively.
  • Admission will also be granted to students on the basis of H.S or its equivalent examination.
  • Candidates who belong to the state of Punjab will be allocated 85% seats of the seats. The remaining 15% seats are for candidates from other states.
  • The Eligibility Criteria of PTU B.Tech 2017 must be satisfied in order to participate in the counselling process.
  • The centralized counselling will be done online. I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar has the authority to conduct the counselling.
  • After a seat is allocated, candidates have to report in person at the allotted institution.

PTU B.Tech 2017 Participating Institutes

Colleges affiliated to the following Universities will allocate seats to qualified candidates through PTU B.Tech 2017. Check the names of the Universities below:

  • K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
  • Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
  • Punjab agricultural University, Ludhiana

PTU B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria

For admission to the Engineering courses through PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission, Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria establish by the conducting body in order to take admission through PTU B. Tech 2017. Check the Eligibility Criteria of PTU B.Tech 2017 given below in the table.

Norms Requirements
Resident status 85% seats will be filled for candidates from within the State of Punjab. The remaining 15% seats will be open for candidates who belong to other states.
Qualification
  • Candidates must qualify class XII examination from a board recognized by the state or the central government.
  • In the qualifying examination, candidates must have physics and mathematics as their compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ computer science/ biotechnology/ biology as an optional subject.
  • Candidates who have done diploma in any engineering trade or any such examination from a recognized state boar of Technical education are eligible for admission.
  • Candidates who have passed certificate course of two years from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal are eligible to apply for admission.
  • Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for admission.

PTU B.Tech 2017 Seat Reservation

Provision for the reservation of seats for admissions under a number of categories is made by the State Government of Punjab. Check PTU B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats illustrated below:

Category Reservation of Seats
Schedule Castes/ schedule Tribes 25%
Backward Classes 5%
Border Areas/ Backward Areas 4% (2% each)
Sports Persons 2%
Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighters 1%
Disabled Persons:
(a)  Blind
(b)  Deaf and Dumb
(c)   Other Handicapped

3%
1%
1%
1%


 

PTU B.Tech 2017 Selection Procedure

The various Participating Institutes of PTU B.Tech 2017 will allot seats to eligible candidates on the basis of any one of the following examination:

  • JEE Main 2017
  • NATA 2017
  • Inter se merit in qualifying examination.

PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling

The counselling PTU B.Tech 2017 is being conducted by IKGPTU, Jalandhar. The candidates have to follow the counselling process to be eligible for admission.

  • All the eligible candidates seeking admission at various engineering institutes in the state of Punjab through PTU B.Tech admission 2017 will have to participate in the centralized online counselling.
  • Candidates will have to first deposit a counselling fee of Rs.2000 through online mode.
  • After the successful payment, an account will be created.
  • Candidates will require logging in and fill in their choices of institutes and branch of course in order of preference.
  • Based on the choices filled in by the registered candidates, they will be allotted a seat as per their merit rank & category and other prescribed rules for seat allotment of the participating Universities.

Documents required in PTU B.Tech 2017 Counselling

  • Class 10th and 12th Mark sheets.
  • Class 10th and 12th Passing Certificate.
  • Character Certificate
  • Provisional Allotment Letter
  • Domicile certificate
  • JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
  • Category Certificate
  • PWD certificate
  • JEE Main Rank Card
  • Medical Certificate

PTU B.Tech 2017 Seat Allotment

  1. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar will regulate the centralized counselling for admission. The seat allotment result will be published online. After the declaration of the seat allotment results, candidates will be provided a week to deposit the requisite fee. The candidates will be able to check the allocated seat by logging into their account. Candidates who are selected for admission have to report at the allocated institute in person. Those who fail to report physically will not be allotted seats.

Contact:
Registrar
I.K. Gujral Punjab Techncial University,
Near Pushpa Gujral Science City,
Ibban, Kapurthala-144603,
Distt. Kapurthala,
India
E-mail: registrar@ptu.ac.in
Phone: 01822-662533,35,82
Official Website: http://www.ptu.ac.in/

Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on PTU B.Tech 2017 Admission