PTU, also known as Punjab Technical University, is a University that aims to produce top level engineers. It was established in 1997 to provide better opportunities in the field of technical education and development. Since then it is enlisted in the Universities considered by the candidates for their admission.
Candidates can apply for admission in this University by filling the application form. Prior to filling the application form, candidates must check that they fulfill all the PTU 2015 Eligibility Criteria otherwise their application will not be accepted.
Eligibility criteria is a bunch of conditions or requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates. If they fulfill these conditions, they will be considered eligible for the exam. If an ineligible candidates fill the form, his/her application will be rejected.
PTU B.Tech 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling the application, the below mentioned PTU B.Tech 2015 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates:
- They must have scored a valid rank in JEE Main.
- Physics and Mathematics must be their compulsory subjects and Computer Science/ Chemistry/
- Biology or Biotechnology as optional subjects.
- They must have cleared diploma in engineering from Punjab state board.
- They must have passed two year certification course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Tech.
PTU B.Arch/ B. Planning Eligibility Criteria:
- Admission to B.Arch and B.Planning will be granted against National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2015 and scores of qualifying exam. 50-50% percent weightage will be given to both the examinations.
- Candidates with less than 50% marks will not be considered for admissions, unless they have qualified an examination at the level of 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as a core subject of examination at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates must possess 10+3 Diploma (in any stream), with 50% aggregate, from Central/ State Government recognized institute.
- Candidates should have International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling. In it, candidates must have scored an aggregate of 50% marks. Mathematics is required as a compulsory subject.
All these conditions must be completely fulfilled by the candidates prior to filling application form. If in case candidates fills the application form without even confirming the PTU B.Tech 2015 Eligibility Criteria, and later on found to be ineligible as per the conditions, then his/her form will not be accepted or cancelled at any stage without any prior information.
NOTE: All the details for PTU B.Tech 2015 Eligibility Criteria mentioned in the article is on the basis of previous year notification. Any changes, if any, will be mentioned in the notification for 2015 when released by the University.