Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018: POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India considers GATE score 2018 for recruitment of Executive Trainees in Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science disciplines. Candidates who have applied for GATE 2018 can also fill Powergrid recruitment form but only those candidates who have required cut off score will be allowed to participate in selection process. Powergrid recruitment through GATE to be done based on the candidates score in GATE 2018 and their performance in group discussion and personal interview. The application process of Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 will begin in January 5, 2018. The Powergrid 2018 recruitment application form can be filled in online mode only. The application form of Powergrid through GATE 2018 can be filled till first week of January 31, 2018. While filling the application for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018, candidates need to pay Rs. 500 as application fee. While applying candidates enter their GATE registration number and select the disciplines. Candidates can read below the application process, eligibility criteria, important dates as well as previous year’s cutoffs for the Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2017 below.
Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 Highlights
- Name of Organization: Powergrid
- Vacancy Details: Engineer trainees in Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science
- Number of Posts: NA
- Application Dates: January 5 to 31, 2018
- Pay Scale: During Training Rs. 8.6 lakhs; After Training Rs. 15.0 lakhs
- Application Fee: Rs. 500
Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 Important Dates
The recruitment of candidates in Powergrid for the post of Executive Trainees engineer will be done on the basis of GATE 2018 score. The application form of Powergrid recruitment will be available from January 5, 2018. The last date to submit the Powergrid recruitment application from is January 31, 2018. The dates of Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 is given below.
Powergrid recruitment dates through GATE 2018
|Powergrid recruitment through GATE Events||Important Dates|
|GATE 2018 applications commences||September 1, 2017|
|Last date to submit GATE 2018 application||October 9, 2017|
|GATE 2018 admit card||January 5, 2018|
|GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|Application form of Powergrid recruitment available from||January 5, 2018|
|Last date to fill Powergrid recruitment form||January 31, 2018|
Eligibility for Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018
The eligibility criteria for Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 are given below.
Eligibility criteria for Powergrid Mechanical/ Electrical Engineer Trainee
Upper Age Limit: 28 years as on December 31, 2017
Specialisation: Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018 as shown in the following table and qualified in the same
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper|
Qualifying score for specialisations: Full Time B.E./ Electrical/ Electrical B.Tech/ B.Sc (Power)/ Electrical (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute
|Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Electrical||Electrical /Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA|
|Electronics||Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/& Engineering/ Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA|
|Civil||Civil Engineering||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA|
|Computer Science||Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA|
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2018 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination
Relaxations and Concessions for reserved category candidates for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018
- Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex – SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India directives
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit for PwD
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates: Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- For OBC (NCL) candidates: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For PwD candidates: 10 years over and above category relaxation
How to Apply for Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018
The application procedure for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 is divided into two stages.
Stage 1: Filling up GATE 2018 application form
Stage 2: Filling up Powergrid recruitment form 2018
Candidates who are willing to apply for Powergrid recruitment 2018 have to appear in GATE. The application form of GATE 2018 is available from September 1 and last date to fill the application form is October 9, 2017. And the exam is scheduled to be held in online mode on February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018. Along with this, for appearing Powergrid recruitment process, candidates have to fill Powergrid recruitment form 2018. The application form of Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 will be available from January 5. The last date to apply for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 is January 31.
In Powergrid 2018 online application, candidates will have to furnish their GATE 2018 registration number which will be available on GATE 2018 Admit Card.
Candidates who wish to apply for Powergrid Engineer Trainee position should choose their GATE 2018 exam paper code ‘EE, EC, CE, CS’ disciplines. Candidates taking GATE 2018 exam in codes other than ‘the mentioned will not be considered.
Powergrid will not be in a position to process applications, where the GATE 2018 registration number is missing/ invalid/ or wrongly entered in Powergrid 2018 Application form
Procedure to apply for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018
- The application process for Powergrid recruitment is online
- Candidate has to click on the link against the advertised job post
- In the application form of Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 candidate will have to mention post applied for, email ID and date of birth
- While filling up the application form candidates have to select the qualifying exam, after that they have to enter personal, academic as and professional details
- Candidates have to enter their GATE registration number as mentioned in their GATE 2018 admit card
- Candidates should be able to furnish their Degree/ Final Year Mark sheets at the time of Interview or 1 June, 2018, whichever is later
- Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies, PSUs may apply through ‘Proper channel’ or submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview from their employer, if they are invited for interview
- Furnishing of wrong / false information will be a disqualification & Powergrid will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong / false information
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage during the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or candidate is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned
- After successful submission of the Powergrid application form, a unique application number will be generated
- Candidates also have to download the conformation page of Powergrid application as it might be required for future reference. They are required to affix a photograph (identical to the one used in GATE 2018) on the application.
- Candidates will be required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete. SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees.
- The link to apply for Powergrid Recruitment 2018 will be provided on this page once it is available
Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Process
Only GATE 2018 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2017 or prior is not valid.
Candidates will be selected for Powergrid recruitment based on the marks secured in GATE 2018 and in personal interview. In Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 only those who have desired cut off score will be called for group discussion and interview.
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2018 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of Powergrid selection. Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2018, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login. Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD||30%|
Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks in Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018.
Weightage of Different Parameters Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2018 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
Candidates who qualify in the personal interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2018 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment. The offer of appointment will be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on the requirement. Selected candidates shall be notified through their login in online application system. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre -Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per Powergrid Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
Powergrid Selection Process Stages
|S.No||Powergrid Selection Process||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 Score|
|2||Pre-selection||Personal Interviews (PI) and group Discussion|
Cut off for Powergrid Recruitment through GATE
Only those candidates who have desired cut off score as declared by Powergrid will selected for recruitment process. The cut off for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2018 will be updated as and when it will be announced. The table given below shows cut off for Powergrid recruitment through GATE 2017.
Powergrid Recruitment through GATE Cut off score
|Category||ET (Electrical)||ET (Electronics)||ET (Civil)||ET (Computer Science)|
Powergrid 2018 Emoluments for through GATE
- Candidates joining Powergrid as Engineer Trainees will undergo training for one year
- During training period, basic pay of Rs. 24900-50500 in the scale of pay of Rs. 20600-46500 will be paid. After successful completion of training, the trainees will be absorbed as Engineers in CTC per annum are as follows:
Rs. 8.6 lakhs
Rs. 15.0 lakhs
* Pay scales mentioned are subject to modification/ revision.
Service Agreement Bond for Powergrid 2018 recruitment
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is Rs. 1, 00,000 for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs. 50,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Powergrid Recruitment through GATE 2018 Notification Click Here or Check window below
Stay withhttps://engg.entrancecorner.com/ or latest updates on https://engg.entrancecorner.com/psu-recruitment-through-gate/ For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below