NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018: National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) considers GATE score 2018 for recruitment of Executive Trainees in Mechanical, Production, Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronics disciplines. NTPC comes under the Maharatna category. Candidates who have applied for GATE 2018 can also fill NTPC recruitment form but only those candidates who have required cut off score will be allowed to participate in selection process. NTPC recruitment through GATE to be done based on the candidates score in GATE 2018 and their performance in personal interview. The application process of NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 will begin in January 10, 2018. The NTPC 2018 recruitment application form can be filled in the online mode only. The application form of NTPC through GATE 2018 can be filled till February 2, 2018. While filling the application for NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018, general and Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs 150. While applying candidates have to enter their GATE registration number and select the disciplines. Candidates can read below the application process, eligibility criteria, important dates as well as previous year’s cutoffs for the NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 below.
Latest: GATE Application Form 2018 – Apply Here
NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Highlights
- Name of organization: National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- Vacancy details: Executive Trainees
- Number of posts: To be notified
- Application dates: January 10 to February 2, 2018
- Application fees: Rs 150 (General & OBC category)
- Pay scale: Rs. 24900 – Rs. 25650.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Important Dates
The recruitment of candidates in NTPC for the post of Executive Trainees engineer will be done on the basis of GATE score 2018. The application form of NTPC recruitment will be available in January 10, 2018. The last date to submit the NTPC recruitment application from is February 2, 2018. NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 is given below. The dates will be updated as and when NTPC releases notification for recruitment.
NTPC recruitment dates through GATE 2018
|NTPC recruitment through GATE Events||Important Dates|
|GATE 2018 applications started on||August 31, 2017|
|Last date to submit GATE 2018 application||October 5, 2017|
|GATE 2018 admit card||January 5, 2018|
|GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|Application form of NTPC recruitment available from||January 10, 2018|
|Last date to fill NTPC recruitment form||February 2, 2018|
|Last date for receipt of copy of acknowledgment slip at NTPC||March, 2018|
Eligibility for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
The eligibility criteria for various PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018 will vary from one another. Candidates can check Eligibility criteria for NTPC are given below.
Eligibility criteria for NTPC
1. Upper age limit is 27 years for candidates belonging to general category.
2. Upper age limit is relaxed by five years for candidates belonging to schedule caste and Schedule tribe category
3. Upper age limit is relaxed by three years for candidates belonging to OBC- NCL category
4. Age limit is relaxed by ten years for PwD- General
5. For PwD OBC age limit is relaxed by 13 years
6. For PwD SC, ST candidates, age limit is relaxed by 15 years
1. Candidates have to pass B.Tech/B.E in the below given disciplines.
2. They must have scored at least 65% marks in B.E/B.Tech/AMIE.
3. The average of all the years is taken irrespective of any weightage that is given any university or institute.
4. Final year students are also eligible to apply provided they meet the eligibility criteria at the time of joining. Such applicants must obtain at least 65% in their B.E/B.Tech
Eligibility criteria for NTPC 2018
Equivalent Qualifications: Disciplines of engineering considered by NTPC for position of Engineer Trainee
Note: Candidates having qualification in above engineering disciplines should take GATE 2018 paper only in ME code, if they wish to be considered for Mechanical discipline in NTPC
1. Electrical & Electronics
2. Electrical, Instrumentation & Control
3. High Voltage Engineering
4. Power Systems & High Voltage Engineering
5. Electrical Machine
6. Electronics & Power
7. Power Electronics
8. Power Plant Engineering
9. Energy Engineering
10. Power Engineering
Note: Candidates having qualification in above engineering disciplines should take GATE 2018 paper only in EE code, if they wish to be considered for Electrical Discipline in NTPC
1. Electronics & Instrumentation
How to Apply for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
The application procedure for NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 is divided into two stages.
Stage 1: Filling up GATE 2018 application form
Stage 2: Filling up NTPC recruitment form 2018
GATE 2018 Application Form
Candidates who are willing to apply for NTPC recruitment 2018 have to appear in GATE 2018. The application form of GATE 2018 by IIT Guwahati has been made available from August 31 and last date to fill the application form is October 5. GATE 2018 will be held in the online mode on February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018. Along with this, candidates who want to apply for NTPC recruitment process have to fill NTPC recruitment form 2018.
NTPC recruitment form 2018
The application form of NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 will be available from January 10, 2018. The last date to apply for NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 is February 2, 2018.
- In NTPC 2018 online application, candidates will have to furnish their GATE 2018 registration number which will be available on GATE 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates who wish to apply for NTPC Engineer Trainee position should choose their GATE 2018 exam paper code ‘ME’ for Mechanical or any other equivalent disciplines
- NTPC will not process any NTPC application form 2018 where the GATE 2018 registration number is missing/ invalid/ or wrongly entered
Procedure to apply for NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018
- The application process for NTPC recruitment will be made available in online mode
- Candidate have to click on the link to the advertised job post
- In the application form of NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 candidate will have to mention post applied for, email ID and date of birth
- While filling up the application form candidates have to select the qualifying exam, after that they have to enter personal, academic and professional details
- Candidates have to enter their GATE registration number as mentioned in their GATE 2018 admit card
- Candidates should be able to furnish their degree/ final year marksheets at the time of interview
- Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies, PSUs may apply through ‘Proper channel’ or submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview from their employer, if they are invited for interview
- Furnishing of wrong / false information will be a disqualification & NTPC will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong / false information
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage during the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or candidate is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned
- After successful submission of the NTPC application form, a unique application number will be generated
- Candidates also have to download the confirmation page of NTPC application as it might be required for future reference.
NTPC Recruitment through GATe 2018: Photograph Details
- Candidates are required to affix a photograph (identical to the one used in GATE 2018) on the NTPC recruitment form.
- The link to apply for NTPC Recruitment 2018 will be provided on this page once it is made available.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018: Application Fee
Online registration fee (non-refundable) for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 through three modes
- debit card
- credit card
- net banking
The option to pay the online registration fee will appear at the end of the online application form before they click on the submit button.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Process
Candidates will be selected for NTPC recruitment based on the marks secured in GATE 2018 and in personal interview. In NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018 only those who have desired cut off score will be called interview in order of merit list. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of 85% of GATE score 2018, 5% of group discussion, 10% of personal interview.
NTPC Selection Process Stages
|S.No||NTPC Selection Process||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 Score|
|2||Pre-selection||Personal Interviews (PI), Group Discussion|
|3||Final Selection||GATE Score, Group Discussion, and Interview|
NTPC Recruitment for through GATE: Selection Procedure
Training Period: Candidates will have to undergo training for a period of one year.
Service Bond Details: Selected candidates belonging to the General and OBC categories have to execute a service agreement bond of Rs. 2,50,000 (Rs. 1,25,000/- for candidates belonging to SC, ST categories, and PWDs) to serve the company for at least three years after successful completion of the one year training period.
Pay Scale: Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900 during the one-year training. Upon successful completion of training, they will be eligible for the position of Assistant Managers in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE – Cutoff Scores
|ET 2017 (Engg)||Category Wise GATE 2017 Cutoff marks and rank|
|All India Rank||206||380||3221||1857||10273|
|All India Rank||280||638||2010||4300||17332|
|All India Rank||112||139||632||1279||2570|
|All India Rank||88||102||371||929||1937|
|All India Rank||42||179||973||693||7855|
NTPC 2015 Cutoff Marks and AIR is as follows
|GATE 2015 Cutoff for shortlisting for GD and Interview|
|Electrical||Cut Off Marks||58.76||54.17||45.31||45.63|
|Electronics||Cut Off Marks||69.17||60.54||54.64||No vacancy|
|Instrumentation||Cut Off Marks||63||55||45||No vacancy|
|GATE 2016 Cutoff for shortlisting for GD and Interview|
|Electrical||Cut Off Marks||66.69||61.11||50.93||49.28|
|Mechanical||Cut Off Marks||76.31||68.69||55.83||49.72|
|Electronics||Cut Off Marks||63.74||55.85||47.47||47.1|
|Instrumentation||Cut Off Marks||63.33||55||43||46.67|
|Civil||Cut Off Marks||73.12||70.34||64.84||57.56|
|IT||Cut Off Marks||65.93||55.76||50.71||37.71|
SCOPE Complex, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003
Phone Number: 1 11 24360100, 24387000, 24387001
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018. For any doubt or queries on NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 leave your comment below.