The National Power Training Institute (NPTI) has invited applications from eligible candidates for Graduate Engineers Course (Thermal) for the 2015-16 session. The course is for a duration of one year and candidates will be given on-job training at nearby Thermal Power stations and training on high-tech stimulators at NPTI, Delhi/Nagpur. Candidates can send in applications for the course after ascertaining the eligibility criteria.
NPTI Graduate Engineers Course Important Dates:
- Last Date for receipt of application along with required enclosures: 26 December, 2014.
- Tentative Date for commencement of the course: 25 February, 2015.
Total No. of Seats Available for the NPTI Graduate Engineers course:
- A total of seventy seven seats will be available for the course.
- 25% of the seats will be reserved for Sponsored candidates. Sponsored candidates will not however, be considered for campus placement. Candidates applying under sponsored category will have to provide a sponsorship letter.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged candidates will be made as per rules of the Indian Government.
NPTI Graduate Engineers Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering from a recognized Institution/ University with minimum of 60% marks with I Class/I Grade.
- For Non-sponsored candidates(as on 28 February 2013): 27 years.
There is no prescribed age limit for sponsored candidates.
NPTI Graduate Engineers Selection Procedure:
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Merit (% of marks).
Candidates should send in applications on plain paper, after ascertaining the eligibility criteria, along with a Demand Draft for Rs.800, drawn in favor of NPTI, payable at Neyveli to the following address:
National Power Training Institute (SR),
Neyveli – 607803.
Candidates applying under the OBC category, should ensure that the date of issue of the OBC certificate is after 1 April, 2014. Selected candidates will be intimated by the Institute through E-mail or post.