Nirma University 2017 Eligibility Criteria is defined by Nirma University that candidates must fulfil to apply for admission into the eight B.Tech courses offered by the University. The eligibility criteria includes requirement of academic qualification. Along with it, they must also appear in JEE Main 2017. If any of the applicants is found to be ineligible, it will lead to direct disqualification of the candidate from the admission process. Therefore, aspirants are advised to ensure they are eligible before filling up the application form. In the article given below on this page, candidates may check all important details related to Nirma University 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
Nirma University 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A set of specific requirements is laid down that candidates must abide by to apply for Nirma University Admission 2017. Check details of all the specified norms below:
- Candidates must qualify class XII or any other equivalent examination. They must belong to the science stream.
- In the qualifying examination, candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The qualifying percentage marks will be decided by the Government of Gujarat under the rules of admission and it will be revealed in due course of time.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to have appeared in JEE Main 2017 as admission will be done on the basis of the All India Rank of students obtained in the Joint entrance examination conducted by CBSE.
Nirma University 2017 Eligibility Criteria for each Quota
Admission to the University is open for candidates belonging to the state of Gujarat as well as from outside the state. The seats will be filled in the manner as given below:
All India Category seats: 355 of the total number of seats will be filled in by the Institute of Technology, Nirma University. To avail the seats under this quota, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must pass the qualifying examination from schools located either in the state of Gujarat or any place outside the state.
- Candidates must have appeared for JEE Main 2017.
ACPC Category seats: Out of the total intake for B.Tech programmes, 50% seats will be filled in by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Government of Gujarat (GoG). Candidates have to apply to ACPC, GoG separately.
NRI Category Seats: Nirma University will shortlist NRI candidates for 15% of the total number of seats under the following criteria:
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from any recognised school located in a foreign country.
- NRI students are not required to appear in JEE Main 2017.
- NRI sponsored candidates must have qualified class XII or any equivalent examination from schools located in the country. They must also appear and qualify JEE Main 2017.
Distribution of Seats for various B.Tech Programmes
The intake of students among each of the category is given below in the table:
|Programmes||ACPC (50%)||All India Category (35%)||NRI/NRI Sponsored Category (15%)|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60||42||120|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||30||21||60|