MU OET 2017 Counselling – The Counselling of MU OET 2017 will commence in offline mode from June 05 to 14. Manipal University may have seven rounds of counselling, including one intra-institute sliding and one spot round. Only the candidates who have qualified in MU OET and have obtained a rank will be called for counselling. The first round, intra-institute sliding and spot round is physical rounds whereas rest of the rounds are online. For round-I of MU OET counselling 2017, candidates have to report at any of the three campuses of Manipal University as per their rank. To participate in MU OET 2017 counselling, candidates must submit the preferences of courses and colleges. Admission will be granted on the basis of rank, availability of seats and preferences selected by candidates. The process of document verification will be done by admission committee of MU OET. Depending on the vacancy, an additional round of counselling may be conducted. Candidates must read the article MU OET 2017 counselling to check the procedure of seat allotment.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Schedule
Candidates can check important dates of MU OET counselling 2017 from the table below. As per the specified time, date and rank, candidates must report for counselling procedure.
|0001- 1000||05.06.2017||0900 hours|
|1001 – 2000||05.06.2017||1400 hours|
|2001 – 3000||06.06.2017||0900 hours|
|3001 – 4000||06.06.2017||1400 hours|
|4001 – 5000||07.06.2017||0900 hours|
|5001 – 6000||07.06.2017||1400 hours|
|6001 – 7250||08.06.2017||0900 hours|
|7251 – 8500||08.06.2017||1400 hours|
|8501 – 9750||09.06.2017||0900 hours|
|9751 – 11000||09.06.2017||1400 hours|
|11001 – 12500||10.06.2017||0900 hours|
|12501 – 14000||10.06.2017||1400 hours|
|14001 – 16000||11.06.2017||0900 hours|
|16001 – 18000||11.06.2017||1400 hours|
|18001 -21000||12.06.2017||0900 hours|
|21001 – 24000||12.06.2017||1400 hours|
|24001 – 28000||13.06.2017||0900 hours|
|28001 – 32000||13.06.2017||1400 hours|
|32001 – 37000||14.06.2017||0900 hours|
|37001 – 39198||14.06.2017||1400 hours|
Important guidelines before attending Counselling
- Candidate must be present physically
- Candidates must send another individual along with the authorisation letter if they are unable to attend physically on the day of MU OET Counselling 2017
- Only the candidate/representative will be allowed to enter the counselling hall.
- Candidates must fill up the registration form.
- For document verification candidates will be called in manner of their MU OET 2017 Merit List rank.
- The original documents are to be submitted on the day of orientation.
- Selected students will be allotted seats in order of their rank and seats availability.
- Candidates will be disqualified if they are not present on the particular date and time.
- The course cannot be changed or modified.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Procedure is as follows
MU OET Counselling Centres
|S. No.||Name of Participating Institute|
|1.||Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology,
C – Block (Academic Building),
SMIT, Majitar, Rangpo,
Sikkim – 737136
|2.||Manipal University, Jaipur, Dehmi Kalan,
Off Jaipur Ajmer Expressway,
|3.||Manipal University, New Lecture Hall Complex,
Manipal Institute of Technology,
Manipal – 576 104.
Steps of MU OET 2017 Counselling
First Round –Physical Round
Registration process for the Counselling
- Candidates who want to participate in the Counselling process must report at counselling centres.
- The candidates will have to collect registration form from registration counter.
- In the registration form, candidates have to submit their preferred choices of colleges and courses.
- Seat allotment process will be done on the basis of selection made by candidates.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Registration fee
The candidates are required to pay registration and course fee on the day of MU OET couselling. The fees must be paid in offline mode through demand draft which must be drawn in favour of ‘Manipal Academy of Higher Education’ payable at Manipal or Udupi. The demand draft in favour of other, will not be accepted.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Fees
|S.No||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
|1||Course Fees||Rs. 2,85,000|
|2||Registration Fees||Rs. 10, 000|
B. Document Verification
The original document should be produced along with one set of photocopies. The original documents will be returned after verification. Below are the mentioned documents to be brought by the candidates during the counselling process:
- E-Hall Ticket (Original)
- 10th standard marks card as proof of date of birth (Original)
- Marks card of 10+2(Original)
- Conduct/Character certificate issued by the School/College (Original)
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College (Original)
- Fees, as applicable for programme
- Copy of PAN card of the parent
- Aadhar Card of candidate
- One set of photocopies of all the above documents
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph
- Authorization letter, if representative is attending on behalf of candidate
Note: If the originals are not available, candidates can bring a provisional mark sheet issued by the college principal, duly attested. If the result is awaited, candidates are required to submit a letter from the college principal stating that the Board result is yet to be declared.
C. Seat Allotment
- Seats will be allotted in the order of merit as per MU OET 2017 and on the basis of the locked choices subject to availability of seats.
- Candidates can check the allotment status and current status of online counselling by logging in and if the seat is already allotted candidates will receive an email regarding the details of the Seat Allotment
- The applicants must report at the allotted institute for admission procedure
- The list of allotted candidates will be displayed online
The candidates who will be included in wait list are:
- When the seat in which candidates is interested are filled, such candidates can choose for waitlist
- Candidates who will be granted seat but wish to upgrade their seat, can choose to be waitlisted
Second, Third and Fourth Round of Seat Allotment Online
The following candidates are eligible for second, third and fourth round of Counselling:
- Candidates who have taken the seat and want to participate in the next Round. These candidates can modify their choices.
- Candidates who have participated in the first round, have not taken any seat and opted for wait-listing in the next rounds of counselling
- Candidates who have already registered, but haven’t got the seat in the previous round/rounds. Such candidates can also modify their choices
Filling/Altering their filled Choices:
- Candidates can fill/modify their choices and the order of their preferences by log in to their Application Number as login ID and OTBS password as password. Candidates can modify their choices any number of times during the registration period of the particular round, until their choices are locked.
- Candidates are recommended to lock their choices before the deadline and take the printout. If a candidate fails to lock his/her choices within the specified time, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after the deadline.
- Candidates cannot change their choices after the given deadline.
- Candidates are instructed not to fill in the choices in which they are not interested.
Fifth round of Counselling
The following candidates are eligible for fifth round of counselling:
- Candidates who have not registered in any of the previous rounds, i.e. they are participating in the counselling for the first time.
- Candidates who have already taken their seat and wish to participate in this round will be able to modify their choices.
- Candidates who have registered and are not allotted any seat till the fourth round of Counselling.
Extra Counselling Rounds
Intra-Institute Sliding (Physical Round)
- The intra-institute sliding will be conducted if there are vacancies after the five rounds.
- In intra-institute sliding, the up gradation is possible only in the institute where the candidate has joined i.e, there is no possibility of shifting the campus.
- Candidates who have already taken the seat are not eligible for this round.
- Those who want to participate in the intra-institute sliding, have to physically report to the seat allotment centre of the institute on the specified day.
- The candidates can register for intra-institute sliding at the venue by filling their choices and locking it.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice, MU OET 2017 rank and vacancy.
Spot round seat allotment (Physical Round)
- The vacant seat, if any, after the intra-institute sliding will be filled in the spot round
- The following candidates are eligible for spot round:
- Those who have not registered in any of the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who have registered in any one of the rounds but have not got the seat in the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who did not pay the balance course fees after allotment of the seat
- Those who have taken the seat but withdrawn subsequently
- Those who have already taken the seat and joined the respective institute; these candidates have to vacate the seat before participating in the spot round.
- All the candidates who wish to participate in the spot round shall physically report to one of the counselling centres (Manipal, Jaipur or Sikkim campus) on the day of spot round at 9:00 am.
- The candidates should submit the documents listed above, along with a demand draft of Rs 2,70,000/- in favour of “Manipal University”, payable at Manipal or Udupi, before the registration for spot round.
- Those who have already paid the registration fee may submit a demand draft for the balance amount.
- Eligible candidates who have submitted all the documents and paid the fee will be permitted to register for spot round and the seat will be allotted as per the MU OET 2017 rank, their choice and availability of seats.
- Candidates are advised to choose their institutes and branches carefully, as there is no provision of fee refund if one chooses not to join the allotted institute.
- However, if a candidate is not allotted a seat, then the fee collected will be refunded fully.
- Those who have got the seat in the spot round have to collect the MU OET Admission order and report to the allotted institute.
Note: If there are any vacancies after the spot round, those seats will be filled based on JEE (Main) rank. Eligible candidates may report to one of the counselling centres on the day of spot round.
Eligibility Criteria for MU OET 2017 Counselling
The candidates who fulfil the following eligibility criteria can participate in the counselling process:
- Candidate must have a valid MU OET-2017 rank
- Candidate should have passed in 10+2/A Level/IB/American 12th grade or equivalent
- examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidate should have minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Mathematics and one of the optional subjects. Minimum marks should be maintained.
- Candidates who have appeared for 10+2 /A Level/IB/American 12th grade or Equivalent board examination and are waiting for the results are also eligible for the counselling.
- Board results should be available on or before July 15, 2017.
Stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for more information on MU OET 2017.