MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018: Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) has released the notice for recruitment of Executive Trainees from Mechanical and Electrical engineering disciplines. The candidates will be shortlisted for the selection procedure of MDL recruitment through GATE if they secure the required cutoff marks in the exam. The online application form of MDL recruitment 2018 through GATE will be made available on January 8, and aspirants will be able to apply till February 7. Final selection of candidates as executive trainees will be done on the basis of their performance in the GATE 2018 exam followed by a personal interview. MDL will also recruit senior engineers (grade 1) on the basis of GATE scores. The application form of MDL recruitment via GATE can be filled in online mode only and applicants will be required application fee as per their category. Applicants will need their GATE 2018 registration number which will be released along with the admit card to apply for the recruitment of MDL. Aspirants can check the complete details about the application process, eligibility condition, important dates and cutoff scores for MDL recruitment through GATE 2018 as given in the article below.
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Salient Features
- Name of PSU: Mazagaon Shipbuilders Limited (MDL)
- Posts Offered: Executive Trainees
- Disciplines: Mechanical and Electrical
- Application Dates: January 8 to February 7, 2018
- Pay Scale: Rs. 24900/- to 50,500/-
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Important Dates
MDL will release the schedule for the PSU recruitment through GATE 2018. The application process of MDL recruitment through GATE is expected to start from January, 2018. Check all the important dates of MDL recruitment via GATE as given in the table below.
MDL recruitment via GATE 2018 Dates
|1||Application process of GATE 2018 starts on||August 31, 2017|
|2||GATE 2018- Last date for online registration||October 5, 2017|
|3||GATE 2018 admit card release date||January 5, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|5||MDL recruitment through GATE 2018 starts on||January 8, 2018|
|6||Last date to fill the application for MDL recruitment via GATE||February 7, 2018|
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
MDL will also decide the eligibility conditions for all aspirants of recruitment through GATE 2018. The eligibility conditions will state the requirements in an applicant of MDL recruitment through GATE in terms of nationality, age limit and educational qualifications. Check the complete details of eligibility criteria as given in the table below.
MDL recruitment 2018 through GATE Eligibility
|Parameters of eligibility||Criteria to be fulfilled|
|Nationality||Candidates with Indian Nationality are only eligible to apply|
Note: The resultant age after deducting the time duration of service from the real age should not be more than the prescribed age limit by 3 years. The upper age limit for Internal Candidates will be relaxed up to 5 years
|Requirements from GATE 2018||Candidates must have compulsorily qualified GATE 2017 with valid scores ( out of 100). The minimum score to be declared qualified is 60/100|
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Discipline and GATE Paper details
|Post||Graduation Discipline||GATE Paper|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical/ Mechanical & Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical & Production Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Production Engineering & Management /Production & Industrial Engineering||ME|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Instrumentation||EE|
How to apply for MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018?
Applicants of MDL recruitment 2018 through GATE should have applied and appear for GATE 2018 in order to apply for the post of executive trainees in MDL. The application form of MDL recruitment 2018 consists of two steps as given below.
- Filling and submitting the application form of MDL recruitment through GATE 2018
- Payment of Application
Filling and Submission of MDL Recruitment Application Form 2018
- In order to fill the online application form of MDL recruitment through GATE, candidates will have to click on the apply link that will be provided on this page.
- On the new page, click on Online Recruitment and then choose the relevant post applied for
- Applicants will have to fill the mandatory information such as personal details and academic qualifications in the application form. Candidates should ensure to fill all the details correctly and enter their GATE 2018 registration number.
- In the next step, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Next, the candidates will click the Submit button. A unique registration number will be generated upon successful registration; note it down.
- A validation link will be sent to the registered email ID. Click on the link to complete the validation
- The candidate will have to take a printout of the completed MDL application form
Payment of Application Fees
- Applicants will have to pay the application fee/processing charges amounting to Rs.300/-(excluding bank charges) through offline mode
- Applicants will have to download SBI Challan that will be released along with the official notification and pay the fee at any branch of SBI bank. SC/ ST/ PWD (Persons With Disability) are exempted from paying the fees.
- Challan format other than the one provided in the notification will not be accepted.
- The SBI Challan will have three parts:- Bank’s copy, MDL’s Copy and Candidate’s Copy
- Candidates should ensure they have all the parts while making the payment at the bank
- After successful payment, bank’s copy of the challan will be retained by the bank and return the other parts (MDL’s Copy and Candidate’s Copy) of the Challan after duly filling the parts with necessary information and putting in the bank’s seal as an acknowledgement of receipt of processing fees and bank charges.
- Enter details of payment in the application form: The detais of payment of application fee, which includes the name and code of the bank, Journal No which will be required in section 3 of the online MDL recruitment through GATE application form.
- Applicants will have to send the MDL’s Copy of the challan along with the print out of the application form envelope superscribing “Advertisement Ref. No. & Post applied for” through post or courier to the following address:
Chief Manager (HR-CR)
Executives Recruitment Section,
2nd Floor, Mazdock House
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Dockyard Road,
Mumbai – 400010
Note: The envelope should reach CM (HR-CR) on or before the last date.
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be shortlisted for the final appointment in three stages. Check the details for all the three stages of selection under MDL recruitment through GATE as given below.
- GATE 2018 Examination: Aspirants willing to work with MDL need to appear in GATE 2018 in the relevant discipline as mentioned in the qualifying requirements.
- Personal Interview (PI): On the basis of candidate’s scores in GATE 2018, he/she will be shortlisted for personal interview. In order to be eligible for PI, candidates will have to secure at least 60 marks out of 100.
- Final Selection: Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in GATE 2018 and PI.
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Grade and Pay Scale
|Grade||Pay Scale||CTC Per Annum|
|E-1||Rs. 16,400-40,500||7.19 Lakhs (approx)|
Training Period and Probation: Candidates who are finally selected will be put on probation for a period of one year. Post successful completetion of probation, posts will be confirmed.
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Cutoff
Qualifying GATE 2018 is an important criteria for selection in MDL recruitment through GATE, candidates will also be required to meet the cutoff scores sets by PSU for employment. The MDL 2018 cutoff will be the basis for screening of candidates and will be treated as the minimum score below which no GATE qualified candidates will be considered. Also, the GATE cutoff 2018 will be different for different GATE papers. So, candidates need to check the job profile and GATE cutoff criteria before applying. Check the cutoff scores for MDL recruitment through GATE for previous years as given below.
Gate 2016 Cutoff Scores – MDL
GATE 2015 Cutoff Scores – MDL
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited,
Dockyard Road, Mazagon,
Mumbai – 400 010.
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018. For any doubt or queries on MDL Recruitment through GATE 2018 leave your comment below