The IISc, Bangalore, will conducted KVPY 2015 on 1 November 2015. The result of the written examination will be released before December 2015 end. In it, candidates who will qualify and get enlisted in the rank list will be called for the KVPY 2015 Interview. The interview of KVPY is a crucial part of selection. Such is because the marks of both, the written test as well as the interview, will be considered for the final selection. Candidates must note that the interview will not be a cake walk. Hence, to assist candidates, we have complied some tricks and tricks which toppers used to ace the interview. Check out KVPY Interview Tips from below.
KVPY Interview Session 2015 – Focus Areas
Here are some focus areas which a candidate must keep in mind while attending the interview.
- Presence of Mind
- Conceptual understanding of core subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Extra-curricular activities and its importance
- Confidence, alertness and expression
- Body language and general etiquettes
- Explaining and briefing capability of the candidate
- Opinion of candidate on non-academic topics
KVPY 2015 Interview Session
These tips are a guide which can be read to learn some rules of the game. It is necessary to clear the interview session which is the final hurdle between you and the scholarship. Interview will focus on candidate’s personality and presence of mind in a holistic manner. It will apply concepts and situations from real world amended to the context of interview questions. Analysis is done on several grounds and thus, final judgement will be passed. Interviewer may ask candidates about his name, hobbies, subject of interests, extra-curricular activities and achievements.
Experts may further put a real life situation in front of the candidate and seek his reaction and response to the problem. Further, you may be asked to calculate some complex identities to examine the logical deduction and calculating power. Simultaneously, they will check the body language and temperament by asking some basic questions. There may be a possibility where you might be asked some “irrelevant” questions, don’t worry! They are just to check your IQ and responsiveness.
Tips to Crack KVPY Interview 2015
Here are three basic points to clear KVPY Interview. These tips can help you to create a definite strategy to score well in the interview.
- Do not feel demotivated at all. Do not doubt your capabilities and potential. Believe in yourself and keep up the positive energy and confidence high.
- Pay attention to the slightest details and speak with fluency and confidence. Do not feel panic and restless.
- Do not keep mum as the interviewer will assess you on the basis of how well you present yourself and convey your ideas. Keeping silent would further create negative impression.
- Practice well at home and do not get shy before attending the interview.
What is Kishore Vaigyanik Protysahan Yojna (KVPY)?
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protysahan Yojna (KVPY) is a government funded scholarship scheme which encourages students to develop their potential for science and evolving technology.
- These amounts of scholarships to the students are conferred until the pre-Ph.D level.
- Candidates who are studying in class X and XII of both government and public schools are eligible for scholarship.
- Students of class XI to first year of undergraduate programme in Basic Sciences such as B.Science /B.Statistics/B.Mathematics/Int. M.Science/M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are chosen for National level fellowship/scholarship examination.
- It grants monetary help under various categories by the Department of Science and Technology as per the table below:
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Statistics/B.Mathematics / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs.5000||Rs.20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S||Rs.7000||Rs.28000|