KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017 – The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a fellowship programme conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. To avail KVPY fellowship, students have to clear the entrance test as well as fulfil KVPY eligibility criteria 2017 defined by IISc. The eligibility criteria of KVPY 2017 defines all the norms that students need to satisfy to be eligible to apply for the fellowship. As per KVPY eligibility criteria, only Indian nationals can avail the fellowship to pursue a career in research within the country. Candidates can register for the fellowship under any of the three streams namely, SA, SX, SB. However, each stream has their own sets of KVPY 2017 eligibility requirements and only those candidates who will fulfil KVPY eligibility criteria are eligible for the fellowship. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of KVPY 2017 before filling up the application form as ineligible candidates will not be allowed to appear for the test and the application fee will not be refunded either. To get all information about KVPY eligibility criteria 2017, read the article given below on this page.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates who are aspiring to apply for KVPY 2017 must have clarity about the eligibility norms defined for the fellowship. As per the eligibility criteria of KVPY 2017, only those students studying in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences namely, B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. in any of the following subjects are eligible for the fellowship:
|S.No.||Name of Subjects|
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017- Minimum Qualification
IISC Bangalore has set some limitation over the qualification requirements for candidates to appear and be eligible for KVPY fellowship 2017. Check minimum qualification required under each stream as defined in KVPY eligibility criteria 2017 below:
- Students enrolled in class XI in science stream during the academic year 2017-18.
- The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences
- During the interim period of one year, selected students will be invited to the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp. The travel and other related expenses will be met by KVPY
- Students enrolled in class XII in science stream during the academic year 2017-18 and aspiring to join undergraduate programme in Basic Sciences
- Candidates must aspire to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology for the session 2018-19
- Candidates studying in their 2nd year of study in Cambridge International Examination Board and aspiring to join UG programme in Basic Sciences in the year 2017
Candidates enrolled in the 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic Sciences during the academic session 2017-18
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017- Requirement of Marks
Applicants applying under each stream have to secure the minimum qualifying marks as prescribed in KVPY 2017 eligibility criteria to avail the fellowship. Details about requirement of marks in qualifying examination under each stream is provided in the table given below:
|Streams||Requirement of Marks in Qualifying Examination|
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017- Ineligible Candidates
As per KVPY eligibility criteria 2017, students intending to pursue/pursuing under graduate programmes under Distance Education scheme/correspondence course of any university are not eligible to fill up KVPY application form 2017 in order to apply for the fellowship.
Empowerment initiative in the KVPY 2017 Fellowship Program:
- A certain number of additional fellowships will be operated exclusively for the students belonging to SC/ST community enrolled under the various streams mentioned above
- A certain number of fellowships will be exercised for Persons With Disability (Physically and Visually Challenged) candidates enrolled under the various streams mentioned above
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2017