KEE 2017 – The Karunya University has conducted KEE for 13 B.Tech engineering programmes. The entrance examination and spot admission was held from May 12 to 15, 2017. Karunya Entrance Examination (KEE) 2017 has conducted in 27 exam centres. KEE 2017 counselling for spot admissions in North India is to be held on May 27, 28 and 29, 2017. Candidates must report to the allotted venues for admissions. The counselling of KEE for spot admissions was organised from May 12 to 15, along with the entrance examination. Candidates has been selected based on their marks in entrance exam and must meet all the eligibility norms set by the University. Interested candidates must check all the details of KEE 2017 important dates, counselling, selection process, etc provided on this page.
Exam Name: Karunya University Entrance Examination (KEE)
Conducted by: Karunya University.
- Karunya Entrance Examination has been changed. For the academic year 2017-18, the candidates will be selected based on the eligibility and marks in entrance examination 12th Standard set by the University
- There will be provisional admission for the candidates who will pay Rs 51,000 (Including Rs 1000/- as application form fee for admission)
- Candidates qualifying in KEE 2017 were granted admission in various undergraduate engineering courses in Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- To apply for KEE 2017, candidates had either buy the application form online or purchase the hard copy of Application form from Karunya University Campus.
- The Examination consisted of one Paper and the examination was conducted only in offline mode.
- All the candidates have fulfilled the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The KEE 2017 Admit Card was available online for download. Candidates have downloaded and print the admit card.
- The Result of KEE 2017 has been declared online. Candidates had to login with their application no. and date of birth to check their result.
- The KEE 2017 Counselling was a single window counselling.
- The seat allocation process was based on the KEE 2017 Rank obtained by the candidates.
- The Counselling and Seat Allotment was conducted by Karunya University.
Candidates are advised to check all the important dates of events to ensure they don’t miss out any important event of KEE 2017. Candidates can check the important dates of KEE 2017 given in the table below.
|S no.||Event||Important Dates|
KEE 2017 Application Form and prospectus is available
|2||Last date for filled-in OMR sheet and online application form submission||3rd week of April, 2017|
|3||Availability of Admit card||1st week of May 2017|
|4||KEE 2017 Spot Registration||May 12 to 15, 2017|
|5||Karunya University Entrance Examination (KEE) 2017||May 12 to 15, 2017|
|6||KEE 2017 Result announcement||May 2017|
|7||KEE 2017 Single window Counselling||May 12 to 15, 2017|
|Age||Candidates should not be beyond 21 years on 1st of July, 2017.|
Candidates should pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50 % marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidates must have qualified 10+2 Vocational stream and with any of the subjects related to the engineering programmes such Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with 50% marks in aggregate.
For Bio-Technology/Bio-informatics/Food Processing and Engineering:
Candidates should qualify in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Zoology / Botany / Computer Science. (Provided the candidate has not studied Mathematics in class XII or Equivalent).
- Candidates have registered with a valid email id and phone number online with the details
- Applicants were sent their application number and passcode to their registered email id.
- (Add in last) Candidates had send their filled in application form of KEE 2017 to the given address.
- Application payment method was done either online through Net Banking/Debit/Credit or offline through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Registrar”, Karunya University, payable at Coimbatore
- Candidates have paid the application fee. Once the payment was made, candidates received the application no. and passcode through SMS/ email.
- Candidates have submitted the application form using demand draft mode or through net banking/Credit card/ Debit card.
- Candidates purchasing the hard copy have filled up the OMR sheet and post it to Karunya University. An online application was submitted using the pin mailer (available with the hard copy of application).
Fee structure of KEE 2017 Application Form:
|B. Tech||Rs. 1000(online)||USD 60|
Selection Process of KEE Admission 2017
- Karunya University has not conduct any separate entrance test for admission
- Candidates were admitted provisionally based on their qualification marks in their final year examination and also based on the eligibility requirements set by the university
- Candidates have submitted the requisite amount before the specified date.
- All the candidates, however, have appeared in an entrance test during the provisional admission process.
- Their admission was confirmed based on the scores of the entrance test and after they meet the eligibility norms.
- Candidates has also got the refund on fees provided they fill the application form for a refund.
KEE 2017 Exam Centres
The KEE 2017 was held in multiple cities of the country. There was total number of 28 exam centres for KEE 2017. Candidates had to made their choice of exam centres at the time of registration. It was mandatory to choose 2 cities in decreasing order of preference. The preferences of exam centres had to be unique. Candidates were careful while choosing the exam centres as it was not be changed later. The name of 10 exam centres along with their city codes is given in the table below.
|S. No.||KEE 2017 Exam Centres|
|8.||Chennai – I|
|9.||Chennai – II|
KEE 2017 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered and filled up the application form can download the KEE 2017 admit card from the link provided in this article. The admit card has been available for the registered candidates. Candidates were advised to read all the instructions mentioned in the admit card carefully and adhere to it. Candidates had checked all important details related to the admit card below.
- Candidates have cross-checked their admit card and downloaded it online.
- Candidates have to login with their registration ID and mobile number to download their admit card.
- Candidates were advised to check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading it.
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, candidates had to mail the admission officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Candidates were advised to keep the admit card safe as they required to produce it at the time of examination as well as at the time of counselling and admission.
- During the examination time, candidates have furnished their admit card to the invigilator for verification.
- Candidates without the admit card were not allowed to appear for KEE 2017.
KEE 2017 Syllabus
KEE 2017 syllabus consisted of three sections. The section wise syllabus of KEE 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Effects of electric current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics, Atomic Physics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter – Relativity, Nuclear physics, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, p, d and f – Block Elements, Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Carbonyl Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives, Organic Nitrogen Compounds, Biomolecules Carbohydrates, Amino acids.|
|Mathematics||Applications of Matrices and Determinants, Complex numbers, Analytical geometry of two dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and its Applications, Differential Equations, Probability Distributions, Discrete Mathematics, Groups.|
KEE 2017 Exam Pattern
Multiple Type Question
Pattern of Question papers
Part A: Mathematics
Total number of questions in each section
Part A: Mathematics/Biology – 20
Distribution of Marks
Part A: Mathematics – 20 marks
Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. For every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.
KEE 2017 Sample Paper
The Sample Paper of KEE 2017 was similar to the actual question paper. After going through the syllabus of the exam, candidates were sure to practice sample papers. There were multiple benefits of solving sample papers. Below we have listed the importance of Sample Papers.
- Candidates were given an idea about the format of the question paper.
- Candidates had known about the marking scheme and the type of questions they expected in the examination.
- It helped in improving the candidates ability to solve questions, and increase their speed and accuracy level.
- Candidates were able to figure out their weak points and work on it.
- Candidates gained confidence with regular practice of Sample papers.
- Candidates has solved sample papers according to their convenience.
- It will help the candidates to improve their time management skills.
Therefore, candidates should make sure to download KEE 2017 Sample Paper to prepare and score better in KEE 2017.
KEE 2017 Result
- KEE 2017 result has been announced in May.
- The result was declared online.
- The candidates have to login with their application no. and date of birth to view their result.
- Along with KEE result, candidates have checked their rank list containing rank.
- Candidates were advised to take a print out of the result/ rank card and keep it safe and secure.
- Candidates had to produce a copy of self-attested KEE 2017 rank card on the day of counselling.
KEE 2017 Cutoff
The KEE 2017 cutoff was the minimum score that the candidates had to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various undergraduate engineering courses offered by Karunya University. The cutoff was available after the result of KEE 2017 is announced. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be admitted to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
KEE 2017 Counselling
KEE 2017 has conducted the spot counselling from May 12 to 15. Candidates can check the details about KEE 2017 Counselling in the list below:
- KEE 2017 single window Counselling which was organised from May 12 to 15.
- The counselling was done for three days.
- The counselling letter was given to the candidates at the time of examination itself.
- The counselling has been done on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates.
- The date and time of counselling was sent to the candidates through SMS.
- Candidates had to attend the counselling in person. Candidates who failed to personally appear before the admission committee for counselling on the given date and time, their seats were allotted to the next candidate in order of merit.
- Candidates had to submit all the required documents for verification at the time of counselling.
- In case, a candidate was unable to produce the required documents or if any discrepancy is found in the documents, admission will not be granted to that candidate.
KEE 2017 Seat Allotment
After the verification of documents in KEE 2017 Counselling 2017, seats were allotted to the candidates on the basis of their KEE 2017 Result and the preferences filled by them. Candidates had selected the courses based on their KEE 2017 ranking and availability of seats.T he candidates have to pay the admission fee by demand draft of Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Karunya University”, payable at Coimbatore.
The Admissions Officer,
Coimbatore – 641114,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile No. 094878 46540
Toll-Free No. 18004254300
Official Website: http://admissions.karunya.edu/