KEAM 2017 – The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) Kerala conducted KEAM 2017 in Pen Paper Based mode on April 24 and 25. The registration for KEAM counselling 2017 has started from June 23 to 28. The result of third round of KEAM seat allotment was declared on July 21. The result of second and first seat allotment of KEAM 2017 was released on July 10 and June 30 respectively. The rank list of KEAM was published by the CEE on June 20, 2017. The result of KEAM 2017 was announced on May 18, 2017. The entrance test was conducted across 18 exam centres in Kerala, New Delhi, Mumbai and Dubai. The conducting authority had published the official KEAM official answer key on April 25, 2017. KEAM 2017 admission will be on the basis for admission to various courses of engineering, medical, agricultural. The candidates qualified in the KEAM 2017 will be granted admission to around 160 government, private, self-financing etc. engineering institutes in Kerala. Nearly 60, 000 seats will be filled by the Institutes of KEAM 2017 on the basis of the choice and preferences made by the candidates, availability of seats, eligibility criteria as announced the examination authority. To get all the complete information KEAM 2017 answer key, result, counselling and seat allotment read the article below.
Latest: KEAM 2017 Counselling dates and procedure – Check here
CEE, Kerala started the registration process for KEAM counselling 2017 from June 23 to 28. CEE is conducting seat allotment process for the eligible candidates to get admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. The trial seat allotment of KEAM 2017 was made available on June 27 for candidates to select most appropriate college and course.
The third and second phase of KEAM seat allotment was declared on July 21 and July 12 respectively. The first phase of seat allotment result was announced on June 30. KEAM 2017 Seat Allotment is done through the single window Centralised Allotment Process (CAP). It has been conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). Candidates will be allotted seats to various undergraduate engineering courses and colleges in the State through the seat allotment process and rank list. Candidates were required to fill in their choices of courses and colleges according to their preference.
The Rank List of KEAM 2017 has been made available online on June 20, 2017. On the basis of the marks of the candidates in the exam, the CEE has prepared the merit list, through which the candidates will be allotted seats. To prepare the merit list, 50:50 weightage has been given to the marks obtained by the candidates in the KEAM 2017 and in 10+2 qualifying examination in PCM.
Tie Breaking Resolution:
In case, two or more students obtained equal marks, the ranks of the candidates were decided in the following order:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics is assigned higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics is given higher rank.
- If this does not break the tie, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in Mathematics of the qualifying examination is given higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in Mathematics of the qualifying examination has been given higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, candidates obtaining higher standardised marks in physics of the qualifying examination is given higher rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after applying the criterion mentioned above, candidate’s age is taken into account and the older has been placed higher in the ranking.
The result for the KEAM 2017 has been made available online on May 18, 2017. No individual post is sent by the CEE to the candidates. The KEAM result 2017 includes the scores of the candidates obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination. To check the result, candidates must enter the application number, password and captcha as displyed in the login page. It must be printed and preserved by the candidates for future references.
Use Careers360 KEAM College predictor to predict your College
The important dates of KEAM 2017 are mentioned in the table below. If any of the date is altered by the conducting body, we will update it.
|S.No.||KEAM 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Application Form was available on||February 01, 2017|
|2.||Last date for online submission of Application Form was||March 09, 2017|
|3.||Downloading of Admit Card||April 12, 2017|
|4.||Examination date of KEAM 2017
|April 24, 2017 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
April 25, 2017 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
|5.||Official KEAM Answer Key 2017||April 25, 2017|
|6.||KEAM 2017 result declared on||May 18, 2017|
|7.||Rank list published on||June 20, 2017|
|8.||KEAM 2017 Counselling starts||June 23, 2017|
|9.||KEAM 2017 Seat Allotment Result||June 30, 2017|
The Cutoff for KEAM 2017 was released by CEE. Candidates have to secure at least the minimum cutoff set by the CEE to qualify the examination. Candidates whose score is less than the cutoff announced will not be able to take admission to any of the undergraduate engineering courses.
- The official answer key of KEAM 2017 has been released by Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala.
- The answer key has been published for both Papers I and II.
- Candidates can check the code-wise answer key on this page.
- Candidates who are unsatisfied with KEAM answer key 2017 can challenge the solution key by sending Rs. 100 Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala payable at Thiruvananthapuram by May 02.
- Through the answer key of KEAM 2017 candidates can compare their answers with that of the marked answer key to get an idea about their performance and estimate their probable marks in the actual examination.
- Various coaching institutes will release the answer key of KEAM 2017 after two to three hours of the exam. Candidates must visit the link provided above to download the KEAM 2017 answer Key.
- The answer key will benefit the candidates to cross check their answers marked with the answer key that is published.
- The CEE has issued the Admit Card of KEAM 2017 on April 12, 2017.
- Candidates can download it in online mode only before the exam day.
- To download the hall ticket, the candidates will have to enter their application number, password and security code.
- After downloading, candidates are suggested to take a print out and preserve it. Candidates must note that without hall ticket they will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The invigilator will check the admit card for the identity verification purpose.
- If candidates find any discrepancy in it, they must report to the admission office before the specified last date.
KEAM 2017 will be held in multiple cities of the country. There are 18 cities where the examination will be held. Candidates have to choose the name of a city as their exam centre according to their preference. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centre as it cannot be changed later. The list of the examination centres is given in the list below.
|S. No.||Exam Centre|
|S.No||Total no. of papers||2- Paper I (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper II (Mathematics)|
|1.||Mode of examination||Offline|
|2.||Type of question||Multiple type questions.|
|3.||Total no. of questions||120|
|4.||Total no. of marks||480|
|5.||Total no. of sections covered in the question paper||3 – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|7.||Duration||2 ½ hours|
The Syllabus of KEAM 2017 covers chapters from physics, chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can check the subject wise syllabus in the table given below.
|Physics||Introduction and measurement, Description of motion in one dimension, Description of motion in two and three dimensions, Laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, Gravitation, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effect of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiations, Atomic nucleus, Solids and semiconductor devices, Principle of communications.|
|Chemisty||Basic concepts and atomic structure, Bonding and Molecular structure, States of matter, Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, S- Block elements and principle of metallurgy, P-Block elements, D-Block and F- Block elements, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Solutions, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Coordination compounds and organometallics, Basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Organic reaction mechanism, Stereochemistry, Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens, Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen, Organic compounds with functional groups containing nitrogen, polymers and biomolecules, Environmental Chemistry and chemistry in everyday life.|
|Mathematics||Unit I:Algebra Unit II: trigonometry Unit III: Geometry Unit IV: Statistics Unit V:Calculus|
The candidates applying for KEAM 2017 will be required to practise through old question papers, Sample Papers of KEAM 2017 to make their performance more better. Sample papers are identical to the original question papers. It will help candidates to know their preparation level for the exams. Using the sample paper, the candidates will understand the format of the questions and can calculate their estimate marks in the exam. It will make candidates aware about the important topics from the ayllabus. By practising, the candidates will be able to increase their speed and accuracy level. At the end, it will help in boosting up the confidence.
KEAM 2017 Participating Institutes
KEAM 2017 Participating Institute includes various Government colleges, Government controlled self-financing colleges and private colleges of Kerala. The participating Institutes will provide admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates can check the most popular list of Participating Institutes of KEAM 2017 in the table give below:
Government/ Aided colleges:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||IDK 2 KKE Govt. Engineering College, Kozhikode.|
|2||Govt. Engineering College, Painavu, Idukki|
|3||KTE Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Pampady, Kottayam.|
|4||PKD Govt. Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad.|
|5||KNR Govt. College of Engineering, Kannur.|
Government controlled self-financing colleges:
|S no.||Name of Institutes|
|1||CEA College of Engineering, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram.|
|2||College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|3||CEC College of Engineering, Pallippuram, Cherthala.|
|4||CHN College of Engineering, Chengannur, Alappuzha.|
|5||CEK College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam.|
Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges:
|S.No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Aryanet Institute of Technoloty, Vadakkentekadu, Vallikkadu, Mundoor, Palakkad|
|2||Axis College of Engineering & Technology, Ambanoly, Kodakara Via, Murikkingal P O, Thrissur|
|3||Al-Ameen Engineering College, Shoranur, Palakkad|
|4||Al-Azhar College of Engineering & Tech., Perumpillichira, Thodupuzha, Idukki|
|5||Ammini College of Engineering, Kannampariyaram, Mankara P O, Palakkad College|
|Age||Candidates should complete 17 years of age as on 31st December 2017.|
|Academics||Candidates should qualify class XII or equivalent examination with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in PCM collectively. For Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/ Government controlled self-financing Engineering Colleges (Under Management Quota): Candidates should qualify class XII or equivalent examination with 45% marks in PCM collectively.|
a. Keralite: Candidates who are of Kerala origin.
b. Non-Keralite Category I: Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but fulfill any one of the following criteria: ·
c. Non- Keralite Category II: Candidates who do not come under Keralite or Non- Keralite Category I. Such candidates are eligible for admission in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/ Government controlled self-financing Engineering Colleges under Management Quota.
Salient Features of KEAM 2017:
- Exam name: Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Engineering Examination (KEAM), 2017.
- Conducted by: Commissioner for Entrance Examination.
- Candidates have to qualify KEAM 2017 to avail admission in various undergraduate engineering colleges in Kerala.
- Candidates have to register and fill up the Application Form online to apply for KEAM 2017.
The Examination consists of two Papers- Paper I and Paper II and the examination will be conducted only in offline mode.
- All the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The KEAM 2017 Admit Card will be available online for download. Candidates must ensure to print the admit card and keep it safe.
- The Result of KEAM 2017 will be declared online. Candidates will need to login with their application no. and date of birth to check their result. No other mode will be available to check the result.
- The Rank list of the qualified candidates will be published after the result of KEAM 2017 is declared.
- The KEAM 2017 Counselling will be a single window counselling.
- The Seat allotment will be done through the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) which will be conducted by the CEE.
- The seat allocation process will be based on the KEAM 2017 Rank obtained by the candidates.
The candidates need to register themselves online by filling the KEAM Application Form 2017. The filled in form must be printed and should be sent to the CEE along with the requisite documents. To fill the application form, the candidates need to follow the procedure given below.
- The candidates need to register first from the link provided above in the article. To register, the candidates must provide their personal details like – name, address, mobile number, email ID, password, code mentioned in the box. After filling the details, the candidates need to verify the details and must proceed for uploading images.
- In step 2, the candidates will be required to upload their scanned photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression, as per the specifications. Accept the declaration indicated infront of uploaded images and click on ‘Upload Images’ to upload all the images. Click on ‘Fill Application’ to proceed further.
- After the uploading of images, the candidates will be carried forward to step 3, in which they need to fill the application form. In the form, candidates must fill the enter the details such as- courses, choose examination centres, personal details, academic details, community reservations details (if any), details of income certificate.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to pay the application fee in online or offline mode through debit/credit cards or net banking. The offline payment can be done through e-challan by downloading the challan and deposit the cash at selected branches of State Bank of Travancore or all head and sub post offices of Kerala.
- After successful payment, the candidates will be required to take a printout of the filled in Application Form of KEAM 2017.
- The print out of the form with all the necessary documents must be send to the CEE before the due date.
Application Fee details are mentioned below:
|S. No.||Category||Amount to be paid|
|1.||For ST candidates||excluded from fee payment|
|2.||For SC candidates||Rs. 400/-|
|3.||For General candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|4.||For Dubai candidates||Rs. 12,000+Application Fee|
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
Fifth Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001.
Phone : 0471- 2332120, 2338487.
Official Website: http://www.cee-kerala.org/
Stay tuned to our website http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for further updates.