KCET 2017 – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has started counselling of KCET 2017 on June 05 to August 10, 2017. KEA is conducting a casual round of KCET counselling from August 05 to 10. All other rounds of KCET Counselling were held on the scheduled dates. The result of KCET was declared online on May 30. Candidates who qualified the entrance examination and secured a rank were called for counselling of KCET 2017. The qualified candidates had to visit the helpline centres on the date assigned as per their ranks and verify their documents which started from June 5 to 21. The seat matrix and fee structure were disclosed by KEA on June 13, 2017, after 4:00 pm. Only eligible candidates will be able to participate for admission through KCET 2017.Through KCET 2017, around 210 State Government Colleges, University colleges, Private Unaided colleges and Government Aided Private Colleges will offer admission to approximately 41 undergraduate engineering programmes. Interested candidates can check all information about KCET 2017 such as counselling, seat allotment rounds, seat matrix and more from the article below.
Latest: KCET 2017 Counselling dates extended – Check here
KCET 2017 Final Answer key Released!
KCET 2017 Result declared – Check here
KCET 2017 Cutoff – Check here
KEA has announced all the important dates of KCET 2017. Candidates can check the schedule of all the significant events related to KCET admission process from the table given below:
|S.No.||KCET 2017 Events||Dates|
|1.||Date of notification||January 24, 2017|
|2.||Availability of application form||January 27, 2017|
|3.||Deadline to submit the application form||March 08, 2017|
|4.||Last date to remit fee in bank / e-post office||March 10, 2017|
|5.||Correction window to modify changes in application form of KCET||March 14 to 31, 2017|
|6.||Availability of admit card||April 17, 2017|
|7.||KCET 2017 was held on||May 02 and 03, 2017|
|8.||Kannada language test||May 04, 2017|
|9.||Document verification for agriculturist quota candidates||S.No.May 5 to 17, 2017|
|10.||Practical exam for agriculturist quota candidates||May 20, 2017|
|11.||Schedule for certificate submission by Special Category candidates||Click Here to check|
|12.||Publication of Answer Key||May 06, 2017|
|13.||Last date for submission of objection, if any, regarding Answer key||May 10, 2017|
|14.||KCET 2017 Result declared||May 30, 2017|
|15.||Verification of documents at Helpline centres||June 05 to 21, 2017|
|16.||KCET 2017 seat allotment round 1||June 14 to 30, 2017|
|17.||KCET 2017 seat allotment round 2||July 07 to 21, 2017|
|18.||KCET 2017 seat allotment extended round 2||July 25 to Aug 01|
|19.||KCET 2017 seat allotment casual round||August 05 to August 10|
- The counselling of KCET 2017 is conducted by the KEA in two rounds and one extended round.
- Candidates who are assigned a rank in KCET 2017 have to report to any of the 16 notified helpline centres for document verification from June 05.
- The verification of documents is being done in order of the ranks obtained by the candidates in KCET 2017.
- Candidates were required to enter their choices of institutes and courses for admission in the online mode.
- KEA is conducting the seat allotment in online mode in the order of merit and priority of options obtained from the candidates.
- As per the candidate’s final option entry, college and course are allotted to the candidates.
- KCET seat allotment 2017 has been conducted in four rounds, the third round is the second extended round and the fourth round is the casual round.
- Candidates whose name are mentioned in the allotment result have to make the fee payment and download admission order between August 9 and 10, 2017.
- KEA declared the result of KCET seat allotment in online mode.
- The link to check KCET seat allotment result for the casual round is provided on this page.
- The seat matrix was taken into consideration for the final allotment of seats.
- Candidates are allotted seats in the order of merit and based on the priority of options entered by the candidates.
KCET 2017 Exam Schedule
|Biology||May 02, 2017||Tuesday||10:30 am to 11:50 am|
|Mathematics||May 02, 2017||Tuesday||2:30 pm to 3:50 pm|
|Physics||May 03, 2017||Wednesday||10:30 am to 11:50 am|
|Chemistry||May 03, 2017||Wednesday||2:30 pm to 3:50 pm|
|Kannada Language Test for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga Candidates|
|Kannada Language||May 04, 2017||Thursday||11:30 am to 12:30 pm|
- KCET 2017 result has been made available on May 30, 2017.
- The result is declared online.
- The candidates have to login with their registration number to view their result.
- As per the result of KCET 2017, qualified candidates are assigned ranks.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the result/ rank card and keep it safe and secure.
- Candidates, who have any objections in respect of any of the entries or issues or discrepancies in the result sheets except the marks secured in the Common Entrance Test, can submit their objections within three days from the date of publication of the KCET 2017 Result.
- The Answer Key of KCET 2017 has officially been released by KEA.
- Candidates can compare their answers with that of the answer key to calculate their expected score.
- The answer keys give the candidates an idea of their performance in the examination.
- If candidates were not satisfied with the answer key and have any objection, they could file their objection in person, speed post or via email at email@example.com along with all the supporting documents & justification.
- Objections received by KEA was placed before the Expert Committee, whose decision was deemed final in this regard.
|KCET 2017 Official Answer Key is available now||Download here|
Use Careers360 KCET College predictor to predict your College
The KCET 2017 cutoff will be announced by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The cutoff of KCET 2017 will be in the form of opening and closing rank. Candidates need to obtain the cutoff of KCET 2017 to be eligible for admission in various government and private colleges. Candidates, whose rank does not fall within the closing cutoff rank will not be admitted to any of the undergraduate engineering courses offered by the participating Institute.
KCET 2017 Participating Institute includes various Universities, Government colleges, and private colleges of Karnataka. There are about 220 colleges that offer a total no. of 47,697 seats to the candidates. The participating Institutes will provide admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates can check the top 10 Participating Institutes of KCET 2017 in the table given below.
|S. No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|2||B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|3||MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore|
|4||RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|5||JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore|
|6||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|7||National Institute of Engineering, Mysore|
|8||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|9||Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore|
|10||BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli|
The Admit Card of KCET 2017 was available for download from April 17, 2017. The admit card was accessible to only those candidates who have applied for KCET 2017. All important details related to the admit card is listed below.
- The Admit Card of KCET 2017 was issued by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- Candidates were able to download the admit card once it is made available by the concerned authority. Admit cards were be sent by post to the candidates.
- Candidates need to login with their KCET 2017 Application number and date of birth in order to download the admit card.
- The KCET 2017 hall ticket contains the name of the candidate, examination centre, time of examination etc.
- Candidates must inform KEA if any discrepancy is found in the admit card.
- Candidates were advised to take a print out of their admit card and keep it safe and secure.
- Candidates without the KCET 2017 hall ticket will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
The application form of KCET 2017 was available online until March 08, 2017. To apply successfully for KCET 2017 candidates have to follow the steps given below
Registration for New Users – Candidates must read the instructions by clicking on the “New User Click here to Register”. Then read the instructions click on “Proceed to fill the online application form”. A Candidate Registration page will appear where the candidates select the Citizenship. Candidates must select “Yes” who are appearing for “Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2017 (Science)”. However, candidates can select “No” if they are appearing outside examination like CBSE or ICSC.
Fill online Registration Form of KCET 2017 – All the details of the in the KCET 2017 Application Form must be filled in by the candidates such as personal details and create a User ID and Password will the given specifications. All the candidates are advised to enter a valid mobile number and password. Registration will be completed.
Login Form – A login page will be displayed where the candidates must enter their User ID and Password to proceed to next step.
Fill online KCET 2017 Application Form – All the candidates will be directed to the online application form after entering the login credentials. In this form, candidates have to enter
- Student Information,
- Educational Details,
- Uploading Photograph, Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression
The candidates must upload the images with the mentioned below:
|Left Thumb Hand Impression||
Declaration Form – Candidates must read the Declaration Form before clicking on Final “Submit” button.
Application Fees of KCET 2017 – After clicking on the declaration candidates will be sent to “Challan page” where candidates have to pay the application fees through specified banks and e-post offices.
|S.No.||Category||Application fee||Bank Charges||E-Post office Charges|
|01||General and OBC||Rs. 650||Rs 10||Rs. 12|
|02||SC/ST category-1 candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 500||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|03||Candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka||Rs. 750||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|04||Candidates residing outside India||Rs. 5000|
The candidates can “save as draft” to save the entered details or select “Print Application” to print the application form.
Forgot Password – Candidates can also click on “Forgot Password” if they have forgotten the password and thereby create a new password.
Print Application Form of KCET 2017– Candidates have to print application after filling in all the details correctly. However, candidates can download the printout of the application at any stage of the filling of online application. It is important to download as it will be required at different stages of admission process.
Signature from the Principal/Gazetted Officer – The downloaded application form must be duly attested by the Principal where the candidate is presently studying. If any candidate have passed their 2nd PU/Class 12th examination before 2017, then such candidate have to get it attested by the Principal of their previous college/by any Gazetted Officer.
It is compulsory for all the candidates to get it attested by the Principal/Gazetted Officer in the space given in the downloaded KCET 2017 Application Form.
Certain no. of seats is reserved under different categories for candidates qualifying in KCET 2017. The schedule castes, Schedule tribes, and other backward classes fall under the reserved category. Candidates belonging to reserved categories should submit caste / income certificate issued by the Concerned Tahasildar in Form ‘D’ for SC, ST, in Form ‘E’ for Category-I and in Form ‘F’ for 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories, without fail during the verification of original documents at the Helpline Centres. Candidates who fail to produce the required documents will not be granted admission under the reserved categories.
Other categories that fall under the reserved category are
- NCC Special Category.
- Sports Special Category.
- Scouts and guides.
- Defence and Ex- Defence.
- Rural candidates.
- Kannada medium candidates.
- Ward of Jammu & Kashmir migrants.
KCET 2017 will be held in 53 exam centres across 29 districts of the state. Candidates can choose the exam centres according to their convenience. Candidates can check the name of the Districts where the examination is going to be held such as Bangalore, Ramanagara, Chikmangalur, Gulbarga, Mysore and more.
KCET 2017 syllabus consists of three sections. The section wise syllabus of KCET 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Physical world, Units and measurements, Motion in a straight line, motion in a plane, Laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Systems of particles and rotational motion, Gravitation, Mechanical properties of solids, Mechanical properties of fluids, Thermal properties of matter, Thermodynamics, kinetic theory, Oscillations, Waves, Electric charges and fields, Electrostatic potential and capacitance, Current electricity, Moving charges and magnetism, Magnetism and matter, Electromagnetic induction, Alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Ray optics and optical instruments, Wave optics, Dual nature of radiation and matter, Atoms, nuclei, Semiconductor electronics, Communications systems.|
|Chemistry||Some basic concepts of chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matters- Gases and liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox reactions, Hydrogen, s- Block elements, Some p- Block elements, Organic chemistry- Some basic principles and techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental chemistry, Solid state, Solution, Electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of elements 5 hrs, p- Block elements, d and f block elements, Coordination compounds, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Alcohols, phenols and ethers, Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life.|
|Mathematics||Relations and functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and three dimensional Geometry.|
The Exam Pattern of KCET 2017 states various important details about the question paper like the total no. of questions, total no. of marks, duration etc. Candidates who are aspiring to appear in the examination are advised to go through the Exam Pattern of KCET 2017 to get a better understanding of the pattern. It will also help the candidates to prepare effectively for the examination.
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections covered||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Distribution of marks||60 marks for each subject.|
|Duration||80 minutes for each paper|
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking for incorrect or unattempted answers.|
The Sample Papers of KCET 2017 will help the candidates to get an idea about the type of questions asked and the difficulty level of the paper. Candidates should practice sample papers to prepare in a more efficient way for the examination. Regular practice will improve the candidates’ accuracy and speed level. Candidates will be able to figure out their weak points and strengthen them. It will also help the students manage time in the actual examination. While practicing sample papers, candidates must try to keep track of time they are devoting to each question. In addition, regular practice of Sample papers will also increase the confidence level of the candidates. Therefore, it is highly advisable to the students that they download KCET 2017 Sample Papers and keep practicing it to score well in the examination.
Address: Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012.
Phone: 080 – 23460460
Fax: 080 – 23461576
Official Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in/