KCET 2017 Counselling – The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has conducted the casual round of KCET counselling from August 5 to 10, 2017. The seat allotment result for the casual round of KCET counselling 2017 was published on August 08, 2017. The option entry for KCET counselling was carried out from August 05 to 07, 2017. Candidates who have been allotted seats have to make the fee payment and download the admission order on or before August 10, 2017. The allotment result for KCET counselling second extended round was published on July 30, 2017. Fee payment, confirmation of choices and downloading of admission order was done from July 31 to August 01, 2017. The second round of KCET counselling 2017 was started from July 07 to 17. Verification of documents in the helpline centre was carried out from June 05 to 23, 2017. KCET 2017 counselling includes registration, verification of documents, entry of option, seat allotment etc. The selection of institutes and courses and seat allotment is done in online mode whereas the verification of documents is being carried out in offline mode. Through KCET counselling 2017, candidates around 220 engineering institutes in the state of Karnataka is offering admission into 38 B.E/B.Tech courses. To know more information on KCET 2017 counselling read the article given below on this page.
Latest: Seat Allotment Result for KCET 2017 Counselling Casual Round – Check here
KCET 2017 Counselling Casual Round Dates
Check the dates for the casual round of KCET 2017 counselling from the table given below:
KCET 2017 Counselling Casual Round Schedule
|S.No.||KCET Counselling Casual Round Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Display of seat matrix||August 05, 2017 (after 7:00 pm)|
|2.||Option entry for eligible candidates||August 05 (from 8:00 pm) to 07 (till 6:00 pm)|
|3.||Publication of seat allotment result||August 08, 2017 (after 8:00 pm)|
|4.||Fee payment and downloading of admission order||August 09 to 10, 2017|
|5.||Last date to report at the allotted institute||August 10, 2017 (before 5:30 pm)|
KCET Seat Matrix 2017
|KCET Seat Matrix for General Quota||Check here|
|KCET Seat Matrix for Hyderabad Quota||Check here|
|KCET Seat Matrix for Special Categories||Check here|
KCET 2017 Counselling Casual Round- Option Entry
- In the casual round of KCET counselling, candidates have to exercise fresh options as per their priority
- The options entered by the candidates in the earlier rounds of KCET 2017 counselling will not be considered for allotment of seats. The candidates have to enter such options only if they are interested.
- Candidates have to enter the options irrespective of whether it is shown in the seat matrix or not. In case any seats get vacated it will be offered in this round to the next eligible candidates.
KCET 2017 Counselling Casual Round- Eligibility
The following candidates are eligible to participate in KCET 2017 counselling casual round:
Candidates, who have selected seat, not selected any seat, selected and cancelled / reported to the college, are eligible to participate in the casual round of KCET counselling 2017
The following candidates are not eligible to participate in KCET 2017 counselling casual round:
Candidates who have opted for Medical or Dental seat and exercised Choice-1 or Choice-2 are not eligible to participate in this round.
Candidates who have been allotted seat in the earlier rounds of KCEt counselling but failed to exercise any choice for the seat allotted to them are not eligible to participate in this round.
KCET 2017 Counselling Schedule Revised
KCET counselling schedule for extended second round 2 has been announced. Check all the important dates pertaining to the counselling of KCET 2017 given below in the table:
|S.No.||KCET 2017 Counselling Events||Date and Time|
|Round 1||Round 2||Extended Round 2 (if required)|
|1.||Document Verification||June 05 to 23, 2017 (6:00 pm)|
|1.||Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||June 13, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||–|
|2.||Option Entry by eligible candidates||June 14 (11:00 am) to 22, 2017 (11:00 am)||July 07, 2017 (10:00 am)||July 25 to 29, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||Publication of Mock Allotment Results||June 23, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||–||–|
|4.||Provision to change options if any by candidates||June 23 (8:00 pm) to 24, 2017 (6:00 pm)||July 11 (11:00 am) to 14, 2017||–|
|5.||Publication of Real allotment Result||June 25, 2017 (after 4:00 pm)||July 17, 2017 (after 11:00 am)||July 30, 2017 (11:00 am)|
|6.||Confirmation of Choices on Allotment, Payment of Fees and downloading of admission order||June 27 to July 7, 2017||July 18 to 20, 2017||July 31 to August 01, 2017|
|7.||Last date for reporting the colleges.||July 7, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)||July 22, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)||August 01, 2017 (before 5.30 pm)|
KCET Second Extended Round Admission Order – Click here
KCET 2017 Counselling Schedule for Certificate Verification
|Date||9:15 am-11:00 am (Reporting time- 8:30 am)||11:15 am-1:15 am (Reporting time- 10:15 am)||2:00 pm-4:00 pm (Reporting time- 1:00 pm) 1.00 p.m.||4:15 p,m-6:15 pm (Reporting time- 3:15 pm)|
|June 05, 2017||001-150||151-300||301-450||451-700|
|June 06, 2017||701-1200||1201-1700||1701-2100||2101-2500|
|June 07, 2017||2501-3300||3301-4100||4101-4600||4601-5000|
|June 08, 2017||5001-6500||6501-8000||8001-9000||9001-10000|
|June 09, 2017||10001-12000||12001-14000||14001-15000||15001-16000|
|June 10, 2017||16001-18500||18501-21000||21001-23000||23001-24000|
|June 12, 2017||24001-26500||26501-29000||29001-31000||31001-32000|
|June 13, 2017||32001-34500||34501-37000||37001-39000||39001-40000|
|June 14, 2017||40001-43000||43001-46000||46001-48500||48501-50000|
|June 15, 2017||50001-53000||53001-56000||56001-58500||58501-60000|
|June 16, 2017||60001-64000||64001-68000||68001-71000||71001-72000|
|June 17, 2017||72001-75000||75001-78000||78001-80500||80501-82000|
|June 19, 2017||82001-87000||87001-92000||92001-95000||95001-96000|
|June 20, 2017||96001-101000||101001-106000||106001-108000||108001-11000|
|June 21, 2017||110001-116000||116001-Last rank|
KCET Mock Allotment Result
|KCET Mock Allotment||Download link|
|Engineering Cutoff -(General)||Click here|
|Engineering Cutoff – (Hyd-Kar)||Click here|
Click here to check the list of candidates who verified their documents at KEA
Documents Verification Schedule for Physically Disabled, NCC (preference 1 to 7) & Sports (preference 1 to 4) Candidates
|Date||Special Category||Type of Verification||Venue|
|June 1, 2017||Physically Disabled||Medical Examination – FROM 11:00 am onwards||
Karnataka Examinations Authority, 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560 012
|June 2, 2017||N.C.C.||NCC Document verification for preference 1 TO 7 candidates only – From 11:00 am onwards (Only ‘B’ Certificate Holders i.e., 8th Preference need not attend this verification process)|
|June 3, 2017||Sports||Sports Document Verification for Preference 1 to 4 candidates only – From 11:00 am onwards(Only ‘National Participants’ i.e., 5th preference need not attend this verification process)|
Documents to be furnished by the candidates
Following documents will be submitted by the candidates at the time of document verification.
- The printout of Online KCET 2017 Application Form
- Original copy of Challan as proof of payment of fees
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth class Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate signed by concerned BEO/DDPI
- Two recent Passport size photographs
- KCET 2017 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate for PwD candidates
- Valid Caste Certificates (SC/ST/Other Reserved Category Candidates)
Procedure of KCET 2017 Counselling
Candidates can check the entire procedure of counselling from the steps given below.
Verification of Documents
- Candidates have to register and verify all their important documents by reporting at the assigned helpline centre. The list of Helpline centres is provided below on this page
- Before reaching to the verification centre, candidates must confirm their rank ranges, date and time of the verification from the table given above
- Candidates must bring the required documents in original with one set of attested photocopies and two passport size photographs.
- After verification, the original documents will be returned to the candidates and the set of photocopies will be retained by KEA.
- An acknowledgement card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- After the verification of documents will be done, candidate’s eligibility in different criteria will also be will be verified on the same day.
- The verification slip will be issued to the candidates mentioning the details of the candidates, documents verified, caste category, merit rank of the candidates and other details will be mentioned in the verification slip.
- If any candidate fails to produce any of the document, the document verification of the candidate will not be done and he/she will not be allowed to participate in the KCET 2017 Counselling process
Filling of Options- Click here
- To fill and lock choice of institutes and courses, candidates have to click on the link given above through their allotted User ID and Password.
- Candidates must go through the seat matrix provided above on this page which has been released by KEA
- Only candidates who become eligible after document verification can enter their choices.
- From the seats available at the time of entry of options, candidates can enter the course/college of their choice.
- If the candidate is eligible for multiple disciplines, i.e. both Medical/Dental and Engineering or for Medical/Dental and Farm Sciences can select all in the same form.
- There is no limit of entering of options. The candidates can enter any number of options as they want to.
- It is advised to the candidates to write the number of courses they will appear for the courses and discuss them with parents/guardians.
- After submission of colleges and courses., candidates will be needed to click on ‘Submit’ and log out from the page.
Seat Allotment Process
- The seat matrix issued by the government will be followed for the allotment of seats. College-wise, Category-wise and Course-wise seat matrix will be hosted by the government on the website of KEA.
- The KCET 2017 Counselling will be held in three rounds- First Round, Second Round, and Second Extended Round.
- The Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit based on the priority of options.
- During the first round of Counselling for KCET 2017, the seat allotment for Special Category seats for Physically Disabled, NCC and Sports Category will be done.
- After the first round of seat allotment, the unfilled/surrendered/cancelled or newly added seats will be offered as Casual Vacancies. The allotment will be the same as the first round.
- After the second round of Counselling of KCET 2017, if the seats remain vacant, the unfilled/cancelled/newly added seats will be offered seats as Casual Vacancies.
Confirmation of seats
After every round of Counselling of KCET 2017, candidates will have to confirm their seats by choosing any of the four choices:
- Choice 1– If the candidate will be satisfied with the college and course offered to them. The candidates will have to ensure that they will pay the fees by downloading the bank challan from the website and will have to report to the KEA that they have accepted the seats. The candidates will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
- Choice 2– If the candidate will be satisfied but wish to participate in the other round of counselling. If the higher options will be allotted then the seats allotted before will automatically get cancelled.
- Choice 3– If the candidates will not be satisfied and wish to participate in the other rounds of counselling of KCET 2017 with all the already entered options. Such candidates will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling by rejecting the allotted seat.
- Choice 4– If the candidates will be granted admission in other university and will not be satisfied with the seat and want to quit the KCET 2017 Counselling process. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate in subsequent rounds of KCET Counselling 2017.
KCET 2017 Counselling- Help Line Centres
Verification of documents for KCET counselling 2017 will be done in 16 Help Line Centres (HLCs). Candidates may check the name of HLCs where candidates have to report for document verification from the table below:
|S.No.||Name Of Helpline Centre for Document Verification||Place|
|01||Karnataka Examinations Authority
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleswaram, Bengaluru‐560012
|Bengaluru (Head Office)|
|02||Bapuji Institute Of Engineering & Technology Pb No. 325, Shamanur Road, Davanagere‐577004.||Davanagere|
Fort Hospet Road, Bellary‐ 583 102
|04||College Of Agricultural University Lingsaur Road, Raichur‐584 104.||Raichur|
|05||Pda College Of Engineering Aiwan‐E‐Shahi Area , Kalburgi||Kalburgi|
|06||B L D E A’s V.P. Dr. P. G. Hallakatti College Of Engineering & Tech Ashram Road, Vijaypur‐586 103||Vijaypur|
|07||Jain College Of Engineering,
5999/2, T.S Nagar, Hunchanatti Road, Machhe, Belgaum – 590014.
|08||Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswra College Of Engineering, Dhavalagiri, Dharwad‐580 002.||Dharwad|
|09||Girijabai Sail Institute Of Technology,
Utkagali, Adj. To Border Check Post Nh 17, Majali Village, Karwar‐581345.
|10||Sahyadri College Of Engineering And Management, Adyar, Mangalore ‐575007||Mangalore|
|11||Jawaharlal Nehru National College Of Engineering, Navula, Savalanga Road, Shimoga 577 204.||Shivamogga|
|12||Government Engineering College,
Opp. Diary Circle, B.M.Road, Hassan‐573 201
|13||Vidya Vardhaka College Of Engineering, 3rd Stage, Gokulum, Mysore ‐ 570 002.||Mysore|
|14||Siddaganga Institute Of Technology Campus Department Of Mba, Tumkur||Tumkur|
|15||Gurunank Dev Engineering College Mailoor Road, Bidar||Bidar|
|16||Shree Jagadguru Gavisiddheshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Gavimath Campus, Koppal‐583 231||Koppal|
Keep visiting, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for the latest information on KCET 2017.