JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling – The registration of JoSAA 2017 and choice filling has been started from June 15. All the candidates who wish to participate in the counselling of JoSAA 2017 for admission into various B.Tech and B.Arch courses should register themselves with JoSAA before June 26. The JoSAA 2017 registration and choice filling has been made available for those candidates who have appeared in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 only. All the registered students must register themselves with JEE Main 2017 or JEE Advanced 2017 roll number, password and security pin. After the completion of the registration process candidates have to fill and lock their choices within the given dates. To know complete procedure of JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling read the article below.
JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling Dates
Below are the important dates related to JoSAA 2017 registration and choice filling. An online mock seat allotment is to be conducted for the candidates to make better choices of their desired colleges and courses.
|S.No||JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling Events||Important Dates|
|1||Declaration of JEE Main 2017 AIRs by Joint Apex Board||April 27, 2017|
|2||Start date of online JoSAA 2017 Registration & Choice Filling||June 15, 2017|
|3||Display of Mock Seat Allotment – Round 1||June 20, 2017|
|4||Display of Mock Seat Allotment – Round 2||June 23, 2017|
|5||Last date of JoSAA 2017 Registration & Choice filling||June 26, 2017|
JOSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling Procedure
Below is the detailed procedure for both Registration and Choice Filling of JoSAA 2017. The candidates must follow the steps to register and fill in the choices for appearing in the Seat Allotment process.
JOSAA 2017 Registration Procedure
- Click on the link provided on this page.
- Candidates must enter details such as JEE Main 2017 Roll Number/JEE Advanced 2017 Roll Number and Password
- Click on Login button to fill the registration form of JoSAA 2017
- Online JoSAA 2017 registration form will be displayed.
- Go to the ‘Candidates Profile’ to check all the details are correct or not as it is automatically retrieved from JEE Main 2017
- Click on ‘Change Password’ to change the Password as it is compulsory.
- You can also ‘Edit Contact Details’. If changes are done Click on ‘Submit Changes’.
JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling started – Apply here
JoSAA 2017 Choice Filling procedure
- Click on the ‘Choices Available’ to view the list of Participating Institutes of JoSAA 2017.
- Those candidates who have been qualified in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 all choices are available for them.
- If the candidates are qualified in JEE Main 2017 can only select from NITs, IIITs and Other GFTIs.
- Candidates can also choose to view the programmes institute-wise and discipline-wise.
- It is important to take a print out of all the list.
JoSAA 2017 Choice Filling and Locking
- Click on the Academic Panel available on the left panel side for choice filling
- The Filled Choices is to be made available on the right side of the column
- Candidates can fill in the available choices accordingly
- Arrange Filled Choices in order to modify the choices
- Click on the “Move Down’ arrow or vice versa to change choices as per the preferences
- Click on Choices Interchange to modify the preferences accordingly.
- Click on Choice Rearrange to change the preference of more than one choice.
- Click on Save after changing the modifications and sequence will be displayed on the screen.
- A message will be displayed on the screen after successful rearranging. Close the box and a new preference list will be displayed
- Candidates can also delete/modify choices.
- All the candidates must Click on “I agree to lock choices” and complete the choice filling process and take a print out or if any modification is yet to be done click on “I will lock my choices later”.
- Candidates need set a “Password” to complete the Choice Filling option.
- To take a print out “Click here to take a printout of Locked Choices”.
Important Points on JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling
- Confidentiality of Password is solely the responsibility of the candidate and all care must be taken to protect the password.
- Candidates must take a printout of the final locked choices for submission during reporting.
- For security reasons, after finishing your work, kindly click the Logout button and close all the windows related to your session.
- Candidates are advised to keep changing the Password at frequent intervals.
Change of Nationality
During online JoSAA 2017 registration, candidates can modify their nationality as per the following business rules prescribed by JoSAA:
If a candidate chooses his/her nationality as foreign national:
- The candidate will not be able to apply for NIT/IIIT/IIEST/Other-GFTIs.
- The candidate will have to present passport at the time of reporting, on failing which, the allotted seat will be cancelled.
- The candidate will not get the benefit of birth-category even if they have declared one.
- The candidate would not get the benefit given to persons with disability (PwD) even if he/she is a PwD candidate.
- If the candidate does not have JEE Advanced Rank, he/she will not be able to fill-in choices and participate in the joint seat allocation further.
If a candidate chooses his/her nationality as OCI/PIO:
- The candidate won’t get the benefit of birth-category even if he/she has declared one.
- The candidate has to present OCI certificate/PIO card at the time of reporting at a reporting centre, on failing which, allotted seat will be cancelled.
For any latest updates & news keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ & for more any doubts or queries on JoSAA 2017 Registration and Choice Filling leave your comments below.