JMI EEE 2017: Jamia Milia Islamia Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted by Jamia Milia Islamia for admission to various undergraduate engineering courses. The application process of JMI EEE 2017 has commenced from December 10, 2017. Candidates who are interested in applying for B. Tech/ B. Arch. programmes in JMI for the session 2017-18 have to appear in JEE Main 2017 and also fill up JMI Admission Application Form 2017. The last date to submit the online application form is March 03, 2017. Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of JMI’s admission procedure, eligibility criteria and candidates’ performance in JEE Main 2017 Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively. Check all relevant information about JMI EEE 2017 application procedure, important dates, eligibility criteria etc. in the article below on this page.
Latest: Click Here to Apply for JMI University B.Tech Admission 2017
Exam name: Jamia Milia Islamia Engineering Entrance Exam (JMI EEE) 2017
Conducted by: Jamia Milia Islamia University.
Salient Features of JMI EEE 2017
- Admission in B. Arch/ B. Tech programmes will be based on the scores obtained in JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates will also require filling up an online admission form of JMI.
- Candidates must submit only one form for each programme/ group of programmes. Multiple submissions of forms will lead to the cancellation of his/ her candidature.
- Candidates are required to fill up the JEE main 2017 Application Form and JMI 2017 Admission Application form online.
- The Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers five B. Tech programmes.
- The Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics offers two undergraduate courses in Architecture.
- All candidates, Indian as well foreign, must fulfil the eligibility criteria of JMI for admission for the academic year 2017-18.
- Candidates seeking admission under reserved category have to apply for reservation under one category. They would also require fulfilling the eligibility conditions set by the university.
- Candidates can pay their admission fees through cash, online or Demand Draft.
- The admission of a candidate will not be deemed to be complete unless he/she has an Identity Card issued by the Proctor’s Office. If a candidate fails to produce a valid identity card within the stipulated time, admission of the candidate is liable to get cancelled.
JMI EEE 2017 Programmes
Jamia Milia University will provide admission into the following programmes B.Tech and B.Arch programmes:
|S. No.||Name of Programmes (B.Tech)||Name of Programmes (B.Arch)|
|01||Civil Engineering||B. Arch|
|02||Computer Engineering||B.Arch (Self Finance)|
|04||Electronics & Comm Engineering|
JMI EEE 2017 Important Dates
The Important dates related to various event of JMI EEE 2017 are given in the table below. Candidates should go through the table to keep track and ensure that they don’t miss out any important event.
|S no.||Event||Important Dates|
|1||Availability of JEE Main 2017 Application Form||December 01, 2016|
|2||Last date to submit JEE Main 2017 Application Form||January 02, 2017|
|3||Availability of JMI Admission Application Form||December 10, 2016|
|4||Last date to submit JMI Admission Application Form||March 03, 2017|
|5||Download of JEE Main 2017 Admit Card||March 2nd week, 2017|
|6||JEE Main 2017 Offline Exam||April 02, 2017|
|7||JEE Main 2017 Online Exam||April 08 & 09, 2017|
|8||JEE Main 2017 Result||April 27, 2017|
|9||Display of JMI selected/ waitlisted candidates’ list||2nd week of July 2017|
|10||Commencement of Admission Formalities (B. tech)||2nd week of July 2017|
|11||Commencement of Admission Formalities ( B. Arch)||3rd week of July 2017|
JMI EEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|Age Limit||The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on October 01, 2017|
For B. Tech
1) Candidates should qualify XII boards or its equivalent examination with physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as their main subjects. The aggregate should not be less than 55% in PCM and should have passed in 2015, 2016 or appearing in 2017.
2) Candidates should have a 3-4 year diploma in Engineering recognised by AICTE or a state board of technical education. They should have a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
For B. Arch
1) Candidates should qualify XII boards with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry and should have passed in 2015, 2016 or appearing in 2017. These subjects shall be eligible to first year of the B. Arch. Course, subject to an aptitude test.
2) Candidates should have a 3 year Diploma (10+3) recognised by Central/ State govt. and should have at least 50% in aggregate.
JMI EEE 2017 Application Form
For the session 2017-18, candidates will be granted admission to B. Tech./ B. Tech programmes based on their performance in JEE Main 2017 which will be conducted by CBSE. Interested candidates will have to register and fill up JEE Main 2017 Application Form and JMI 2017 Admission Application Form. They have to submit JEE Main 2017 registration number in JMI EEE 2017 Application Form. More information about the application forms is given below.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Tech programs in JMI must appear in Paper I of JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch programmes in JMI must appear in Paper II of JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates seeking admission for JMI’s B.Tech. as well as B.Arch programs must appear in JEE Main 2017 Paper I as well as Paper II examination.
- Candidates will be allotted seats at JMI on the basis of JMI’s admission procedure, eligibility criteria, reservation of seats and candidates’ performance in JEE Main 2017 Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively.
- Authority of JMI does not entertain any provision of nomination on any seat.
Fee Payment of JMI JEE 2017 Admission Application Form:
- Candidates can pay their fee either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or through E-Challan generated during the filling up of the form online. Candidates can pay though E-Challan in any of the branches of Indian Bank.
- The Application fee once submitted is non-refundable. The Application fee will be refunded only if failed transaction is identified at JMI’s end.
Fee structure of JMI EEE 2017 Admission Application Form:
|Name of Form||Fee|
|Admission Application Form 2017 (For B. Tech / B. Arch)||Rs. 500/- along with applicable bank charges.|
Rejection of JMI EEE 2017 Admission Application Form:
Candidate’s application form can be rejected or admission can be cancelled due to at least one of the following reasons:
- If a candidate submits more than one application form for the same Program.
- If a candidate fails to submit his/her result/certificate for the qualifying examination(s) and JEE Main 2017 or fails to complete any of the other admission formalities within the notified time.
JMI EEE 2017 Reservation
A certain number of seats is reserved for candidates belonging to specific categories. Details are as follows:
- Candidates seeking admission under reserved category can apply for reservation under one category only and shall be required to fulfil the prescribed eligibility conditions of the Program.
- If a candidate who belongs to the reserved category qualifies JEE Main 2017, under the general category, that particular candidate will be considered under the general as well as the reserved category. But, the candidate will be given admission only under one category on the basis of the rank secured by the candidate.
At the time of filling up the application form, candidates have to choose any one of the following reservation categories:
- Muslim OBC/ST
- Muslim Women
- Jamia Internal
Note: Over & Above Seats are reserved for Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir and Kashmiri Migrant.
Reservation of Muslim Minority:
- 30% of the total number of seats in each Program will be reserved for Muslim applicants.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program will be reserved for Muslim Women applicants.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program will be reserved for “Muslim Other Backward Classes” (OBC- NCL) and “Muslim Scheduled Tribes”.
Reservation for Persons with disabilities (PwD):
- Candidates with blindness/ low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability or cerebral palsy come under the PwD category.
- 3% of the seats are reserved for PwD candidates.
- Candidates are given relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination.
Reservation for Internal Students:
Students who have passed their qualifying examination (X or XII) from JMI schools as regular students will be given 5% seats in all Undergraduate Degree/Diploma/Certificate Programs.
Note: Candidates who appears in various examination of JMI as private candidates or in distance mode will not be considered under the internal mode.
Reservation under Special Provisions:
- Kashmiri migrants need to apply and go through the entire admission process. Their admission will be considered over and above not exceeding one seat in programs offered by Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Architecture.
- Candidates belonging to this category are not required to submit domicile certificate. But they have to submit a certificate to authenticate their claim of being Kashmiri migrants. The certificate should be from the registered Divisional Commissioner of the concerned state/ Union Territory.
Candidates from Jammu &Kashmir:
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir are required to apply and go through the entire admission process. Their admission will be considered over and above not exceeding one seat in programs offered by Faculty of Engineering & Technology and Faculty of Architecture.
- Candidates will be required to submit a state domicile certificate to support their claim of being a citizen from Jammu & Kashmir.
Foreign Candidates under General Category:
- Foreign candidates may apply under General category.
- 10% of the regular seats are reserved for foreign candidates.
- Foreign candidates applying under general category have to follow all the protocol followed by the general category candidates.
JMI EEE 2017 Syllabus:
As the admission to B. Tech and B.Arch programmes are based on JEE Main 2017, interested candidates have to appear in JEE Main 2017. To check the syllabus of JEE Main 2017 Click Here.
JMI EEE 2017 Merit List:
JMI EEE 2017 Merit List is expected to be announced in the month of July 2017. The merit list of JMI EEE 2017 will be based on JEE Main 2017 Result. Candidates have to qualify in both Papers I and II to take admission in JMI. After the result and the Rank List of JEE Main 2017 are declared, JMI EEE 2017 will release its own merit list of selected candidates. Only the candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be able to take admission in JMI. After the release of the merit list, candidates will be called for counselling followed by the admission process.
JMI EEE 2017 Counselling
On the basis of JMI EEE 2017 Merit List, selected candidates will have to visit the university and register themselves for the counselling of JEE Main 2017. Candidates will need to produce the following documents for verification at the time of counselling:
- Self-attested copies of JMI’s Acknowledgement Slip
- Registration Slip
- JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2017 Score Card
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination along with the mark sheet.
- Age proof based on the certificate of High School/Secondary School or an equivalent examination.
- Original documents of reserved category candidates issued by the competent authority.
- Character certificate from the Institution last attended by the candidates.
- Proof of permanent address as declared in the Application Form with the name of the nearest Police Station and the District.
Note: If candidates fail to register themselves in a given time frame than their selection process will be cancelled.
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg,
New Delhi – 1100 25,
Helpdesk Numbers +91-9836219994, +91-9836289994, +91-9836319994
Help Desk Email Admission2017@jmi.ac.in
Board Telephone Numbers +91(11)26981717, 26984617, 26984658,
Controller of Examinations +91(11)26329167
Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Technology +91(11)26985831
Extension 2200, 2201(Through Board Numbers)
Dean, Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics +91(11)26983169
Extension 2470, 2471 (Through Board Numbers)
Official website: http://jmi.ac.in/