JKCET 2017 – The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) will start the second round of JKCET counselling from August 6 to 8, 2017. Candidates have to report for the counselling as per the schedule allotted for each rank. Candidates have to report in person to the BOPEE office to participate in the second round of J&K BOPEE CET counselling. JKCET counselling commenced from July 17 onwards. The verification of documents for JKCET counselling 2017 was carried out from June 19 to 21. Candidates were required to visit the document verification centre as per their ranks for appearing in counselling/admission at various engineering institutes/colleges in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. All candidates who qualified the entrance test held on May 28, 2017, are being provided admission provided they fulfil the eligibility requirements defined by the Board. The result of J&K BOPEE CET was declared in the online mode on June 15. This year, around 6688 candidates have appeared in JKCET 2017 for pursuing engineering courses. The entrance test was held in the offline mode, i,e, pen and paper based test. Candidates who have applied for JKCET were issued the admit card on May 20, 2017. Candidates were required to download it by entering their JKCET application number and date of birth. The answer key of JKCET was published on May 29. For more information on JKCET 2017 such merit list, cutoff, counselling and seat allotment read the article given below on this page.
Latest– JKCET 2017 Result declared for 8866 candidates – Check here
- The second round of JKCEt counselling to start from August 6 to 8, 2017
- Filling up of online preference form for JKCET counselling was done from July 17 to 22, 2017
- Verification of documents as per the overall rank of the candidates was carried out from July 3 to 14 whereas for round 2 counselling, document verification was done from June 19 to 21
- The counselling of JKCET is being held offline i.e. candidates have to attend the counselling and seat allotment in person
- The exercising of choices/ preferences of disciplines/ institutions was carried out in the online mode
- Candidates must carry all required documents in original and xerox copies along with them to participate in the counselling
Documents required at the time of JKCET 2017 Counselling
The candidates have to produce the following documents in original at the time of counselling provided they figure in the list of the candidates called for counselling.
- Certificate of permanent residence.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board.
- State Subject Certificate
- Category certificate
- Confirmation page of Application form
- Admit card of JKCET 2017
- TFW certificate, if any
- The Result has been made available in online mode only.
- The result declared by the Board is final. No further manual check is entertained.
- However, re- totalling of marks has been allowed on written request. Candidates have to send the request within 3 days after the declaration of the result accompanied by the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 remitted by the candidate at POS terminal at J&K BOPEE Srinagar or Jammu.
- The result of JKCET 2017 is published in the form of a merit list for all the candidates who appeared in JKCET 2017.
- The answer key of JKCET 2017 was displayed online after the conclusion of the entrance test.
- The answer key was available online only for three days.
- If any candidate is not satisfied with any of the answer provided in the answer key, they can make written representation supported by documentary proof of standard text Books in the prescribed format.
- The candidates making representation on JKCET answer key was to pay Rs.200 either in online or offline mode
- The answer key was re- examined by the BOPEE.
Salient Features of JKCET 2017:
- JKCET 2017 was conducted for admission into various engineering courses of undergraduate level in the state of J&K.
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria defined by the J&K BOPEE for admission through JKCET 2017.
- The application form was released online from February 27 to April 03, 2017.
- The admit card was issued for only those applicants who have successfully applied for the entrance test.
- JKCET 2017 was held in Srinagar and Jammu only.
- Candidates can check their result online or visit any of the BOPEE offices in Jammu/Srinagar.
- The counselling to be held for all the qualified candidates of JKCET 2017. Admission to be granted on the basis of merit list prepared by the board.
- The Admit Cards of JKCET 2017 was available online. It has been issued to only those candidates who have successfully applied for JKCET 2017.
- Candidates can download JKCET admit card by submitting application number and date of birth
- Applicants have to paste attested photo on the downloaded admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated, defaced or changed in any manner.
- The admit card must be retained carefully as candidates will require to produce it at the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without valid admit card.
Candidates must ensure to satisfy all the criteria required for being eligible for admission. The Eligibility Criteria of JKCET 2017 are as follow:
|Domicile||Candidates must be permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir|
The Important Dates of JKCET 2017 enlist all the dates of events conducted by the board for admission. The dates will ensure that students do not miss out any important events of JKCET 2017.
|S.No.||Events related to JKCET 2017||Important Dates|
|1||Online Application Form was available from||February 27, 2017|
|2||The last date to fill and submit the application form||April 03, 2017|
|3||Issuance of JKCET 2107 Admit Card||May 20, 2017|
|4||JKCET 2017 exam date||May 28, 2017 (Sunday)|
|5||Display of answer keys||May 29, 2017|
|6||Last date to challenge answer key of JKCET||June 03, 2017 (4:00 pm)|
|7||Declaration of result||June 15, 2017|
- Candidates had to fill up the registration form to generate the application number and to continue with the application process.
- Upon successful registration, candidates had to login with the application number and date of birth to fill up the form.
- It was mandatory for every candidate to pay the application fee of Rs.800 through debit/ credit card or net banking in order to proceed further with the application process.
- Candidates had to fill in their personal, academic and address details for communication purpose in the application form of JKCET.
- Candidates were also required uploading scanned copies of their photographs, signature, and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Candidates could change or modify the details entered in the application before the final submission. After the final submission, no changes could be made by the candidates.
- Upon successful submission, the ‘Provisional Confirmation Page’ was displayed on the screen.
- Candidates had to take a printout of the confirmation page and retain it safely for future admission procedure.
- The entrance test was held in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- BOPEE will allot the centres for the test and the information regarding this will be provided to the candidates on the admit card.
- The test centre once allotted shall not be changed.
JKCET 2017 Syllabus
JKCET 2017 syllabus consists of three sections. The section wise syllabus of JKCET 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Thermodynamics, Kinematics, Physical world and measurement, Motion of system of particles and rigid body, Properties of bulk matter, Laws of motion, Gravitation, Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Oscillations and waves,, Electrostatics, Magnetic effects of current an magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alt. Currents, Optics, Electromagnetic waves, Atoms and nuclei, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Work, energy and power, Communication system, Current electricity, Electronic device|
|Chemistry||Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical arithmetic and atomic structure, Chemical kinetics, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Solid state & states of matter, Redox reactions and electro chemistry, Periodic properties, Surface chemistry, Chemistry of Representative elements, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Transition elements including lanthanoides, Nomenclature and basic concepts in organic chemistry, Co- ordination chemistry, Organic chemistry based on functional group- I, Hydrocarbons, Organic chemistry based on functional group- II, Hydrocarbons, Organic chemistry based on functional group- III, Polymers, Molecules of life,|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relation & functions, Complex numbers; Linear equation; Linear programing, Sequence and series, Permutation and combination and binomial theorem, Trigonometric and inverse trigonometry functions, Matrices and determinants, Limit, continuity and differentiation, Integration and differential equations, Straight lines and conic sections, Statistics and probability, Vectors and three dimensional geometry,|
In the table given below, aspirants can check the format of the entrance test which includes, duration, question type, marking scheme etc. The Exam Pattern of JKCET 2017 are as follow:
|Type of Questions||Objective type containing Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. Of Questions||180 (60 questions from each subject)|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct response will be awarded 1 mark. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each wrong answer.|
|Duration||Physics and Chemistry: 2 hours
Mathematics: 1 hourTotal: 3 hours
JKCET 2017 Sample Papers
The Sample Papers of JKCET 2017 will assist candidates to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the entrance test and the difficulty level of the paper. After covering the entire syllabus, candidates must practice sample papers for a more effective preparation. Regular solving of sample papers will improve the accuracy and speed level of the candidates. It will also make students identify their weak points and strengthen them. While practicing sample papers, candidates must keep track of the time they are devoting to each question. It will help candidates to improve their time management skill. Sample papers will also increase the confidence level of the candidates as they will get a prior experience of the entrance test. Aspirants must ensure to download JKCET 2017 Sample Papers for practice and ace the examination.
Jammu ( From November to April )
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Examinations
4th Floor, South Block,
Jammu – 180012
Contact Numbers: +91 191 – 2470102, +91 191 – 2479371
Srinagar ( From May to October )
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Examinations
Opposite J&K Bank,
Srinagar – 190005
+91 194 – 2433590, +91 194 2433760, +91 194 2437647
Official Website: http://www.jakbopee.org/
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on JKCET 2017