JEE Result 2017 – The result of JEE 2017 has been declared on April 27. The JEE Result 2017 has been announced by examination authority Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The JEE Result 2017 shows all India rank and category wise rank of candidates as per the JEE Main 2017 score and marks secured in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects out of total marks 360. To check and download JEE 2017 result candidates have to enter their exam roll number and date of birth. The result of JEE 2017 can be check from the official website (jeemain.nic.in) or from the link given below. The JEE result 2017 will show the All India rank of candidates and qualified for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017. As per the CBSE official notification, from this year onwards the marks of class 12 will not be considered while determining All India rank of candidates. “There shall be no weightage for the 12 class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE Main examination but for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs candidates must secure at least 75% marks or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12 examination,” said CBSE officials.
How to download JEE Result 2017, result calculation procedure, JEE all India rank and JEE Rank List read the article below.
How to Download JEE Result 2017:
Candidates who have appeared in JEE 2017 paper 1 held on April 2, 8 and 9 can download JEE result on April 27. The paper 1 was conducted for admission to around 24000 seats in B. Tech/B.E. programmes 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 GFTIs. Candidates can know their status for appearing JEE Advanced 2017 schedule to be held on May 21 through the JEE result 2017. The JEE Advanced is the basis for admission to around 11,000 B.Tech seats distributed among in 23 IITs.
Procedure on How to download JEE Result 2017 is explained below.
- To check and download JEE Main Result 2017 click on the link given below
- Enter your roll number and date of birth
- Click on submit button
- JEE result appeared on the screen
- JEE result shows marks obtained, All India rank, and eligible to appear in JEE Advanced
- Check the score and download JEE Rank card
JEE Main Paper 1 Result 2017 – Check here
JEE Main AIR 2017 and JEE Main 2017 Rank List Announced! Check from the link below
What is AIR in JEE Result 2017
The All India rank in JEE 2017 has been prepared as per the marks secured by candidates in the entrance test. The marks of candidates have been calculated out of total marks 360. While preparing JEE 2017 All India rank marks of candidates has been placed in descending order which means candidates who have secured highest marks has been placed higher in rank list and accordingly rank has been allotted to all candidates. Also, the examination authority has considered caste category of candidates while preparing JEE 2017 all India rank (AIR).
The all India rank has been declared along with JEE Result 2017. The counselling authority, JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) will consider JEE 2017 AIR for allocating B.Tech seats in NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs. Also, the top 2, 20,000 candidates of JEE 2017 AIR will be allowed to appear for JEE Advanced 2017.
What is JEE Rank List?
The rank list of JEE 2017 has been declared along with JEE result. The JEE rank list is derived on the basis of All India rank. The JEE 2017 rank list of candidates contains roll number, date of birth, category, state code eligibility, overall and subject wise marks and eligibility for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017.
Methodology to derive JEE Result 2017
JEE 2017 result of mains and advanced to be the basis for admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and CFTIs. The calculation of JEE result2017 is based on following factors.
- The JEE result 2017 has been prepared based on the top 20 percentile cutoff of class 12 of each board. The 20 percentile cutoff of class 12 of each board has been announced by CBSE
- While preparing JEE result candidates have obtained 75% in their Class XII or in the top 20 percentile of their board. While for SC/ST candidates must have 65% in class 12 as their pass percentage
- Five subjects have been taken into consideration for calculation of percentile JEE result 2017 paper. The five subjects are Language, Physics, Mathematics, any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational Subject), any other subject. If a candidate has appeared in six subjects in the qualifying examination, the subject (fifth or sixth) with better marks will be considered
- While deriving JEE result 2017 the total marks for five subjects have been e scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500
- Candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination in 2016 but reappeared in 2017, the best of the two performances will be considered
- In case of any Board awards grade sheet then such candidates must submit equivalent percentage of marks taken from the Board at the time of JEE main 2017 Counselling
- In case Board does not give individual subjects marks at class 12 but gives only the aggregate marks, then the aggregate marks given by the Board has been considered
- JEE Main 2017 category-wise cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile has been calculated based on the marks scored by all the successful candidates in their respective boards in the particular year
- The cut-off marks for PwD candidates will be the same as the lowest of the cut-off marks for GEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST categories
JEE Main 2017 cut off: The cut off score is the minimum marks that candidates must secure to qualify the exam. Candidates who have scored equal to more than the JEE Main 2017 cut off has been declared qualified. CBSE has announced the JEE Main cut off of all category. Based on the cut off of JEE Main candidates have been allotted All India rank. The table given below shows the JEE main 2017 cut off score.
JEE Main 2017 cut off
|Category||JEE Main Cut off 2017|
JEE Main cut off of previous years:
|JEE Main Cutoff||General||SC||ST||OBC (NCL)|
JEE Main 2017 counselling:
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to conduct JEE main 2017 counselling. The counselling will be conducted for allotting seats in IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. For more detail on JEE Main 2017 counselling
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ or latest updates on JEE Main
For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below