JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Result – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared the result of JEE Main 2017 paper 2 on May 26. Candidates who have appeared for B.Arch/B.Planning paper on April 02, 2017, can check their result by entering JEE Main 2017 roll number and date of birth. The link to download the result of JEE Main paper 2 is provided here. The JEE Main Paper 2 displays the subject wise marks, overall marks and other details of the candidates like name, category, sub category etc. Along with JEE Main paper 2 result 2017, category wise rank and All India Rank (AIR) has also been declared. Through JEE Main 2017 paper 2 result, candidates can know if they have qualified the entrance exam. As per official notification, JEE Main paper 2 score is calculated solely on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the entrance examination. Class 12 marks is not be considered while determining the JEE Main paper 2 result.On the basis of the ranks secure by candidates in JEE Main paper 2, admission into B.Arch/B.Planning programmes will be offered by the 31 NITs, 18 GFTIs and IIEST. To know more information about JEE Main 2017 paper 2 result such as downloading process, score calculation method etc. read the article given below on this page.
How to Check JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Result
JEE Main paper 2 result has been made available in online mode only. Candidates have to follow the steps given below to check and download JEE Main Result of Paper 2.
- Click on the link to check JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2017
- Enter JEE Main 2017 roll number and date of birth
- Verify the authenticity of the credentials entered in the provided space
- Click on submit button after entering the required credentials
- After successful login, JEE Main B.Arch/B.Planning result 2017 will appear on the screen
- Check the subject wise score, total score and all India rank obtained in the exam
- Download and take a print out of the score/rank card
JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2017 login page
JEE Main Paper 2 Score Card looks like the image given below:
Highlights of JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Result
- Result of JEE Main 2017 paper 2 has been published by CBSE on May 26
- Candidates can access the result only in the online mode
- JEE Main 2017 paper 2 result contains subject wise score, overall score and All India rank secured by the candidates
- JEE Main rank card to be announced after declaration of AIR of JEE Main 2017
- The rank is allotted on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the exam
- JEE Main result 2017 paper 2 is the basis for admissions to the B.Arch/B.Planning. programmes offered by NITs, IIITs, IIEST, and GFTIs.
Inter-se-Merit for JEE Main 2017 Paper 2
On the basis of JEE Main 2017 result of paper 2, a set of eight JEE Main rank list is prepared by the JEE Apex Body (JAB) for admission into B.Arch./B.Planning programmes (in institutions other than IITs).
In case, two or more candidates score equal marks in the exam, their inter-se-merit is prepared in the following order:
- Resolution by marks obtained in aptitude test. Candidate obtaining higher marks is given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Drawing Test. Candidate obtaining higher marks is given better rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio is given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates are given the same rank.
Details mentioned in JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Result
The result of JEE Main 2017 paper 2 contains the following details:
- JEE Main 2017 roll number
- Name of the candidate
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Sub- category
- State code of eligibility
- Subject wise JEE Main score (Mathematics, Aptitude Test, Drawing Test)
- Total marks
- JEE Main 2017 AIR
JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Result calculation procedure:
The various process and steps followed while calculating JEE Main result 2017 is mentioned below.
JEE Main Result – How to calculate percentile of Marks of Class 12th/Qualifying Examination
While calculating JEE paper 2 result, normalization process has not been adopted. However, as per the new admission criteria of JEE Main 2017 candidates must secure 75% (65% for SC/ST candidates) in their Class XII or be in the top 20 percentile of their respective Board.
The examination authority has announced the top 20 percentile cutoff of class 12 of each board. And, based on the 75% or top 20 percentile, the examination authority has prepare the paper 2 result of JEE Main and AIR.
For clarity on new criteria for deriving JEE Main 2017 B.Arch/B.Planning result, candidates may refer to the examples mentioned below.
Difference between percentage and percentile
The percentage of marks and percentile are totally different entities. Candidates should not confuse with both the above terms. The difference between percentage and percentile is explained below.
- Percentage is a number out of 100. For eg. 40% of 200 is 40 x 200/100 = 80
- Percentile score is the value below which a certain percent of observations fall. For example – the 40th Percentile is the value or score below which 40 Percent of the observations may be found
- Percentile score of a candidate from a particular class 12 Board will show how many candidates have scored below that candidate in the respective class 12 Board examination
- The Percentile is be calculated as 100 x Number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidates/ Total number of candidates in the group
Formulae for calculating percentile in mentioned below:
The Percentile of a candidate is calculated as:
For better understanding we consider following examples:
Suppose number of candidates registered is 13918 and number of candidates appeared is 13711 in any class 12 board exam
Case 1: A Candidate has scored 60% marks in the class 12 Board and 6865 candidates have scored below him. The Percentile score will be calculated as follows
Percentile score for 60% marks in the Board = 6865 x 100 / 13918= 50.07
Case 2: A Candidate who has scored 90% marks in the Board and 13615 candidates have scored below him. The Percentile score will be calculated as follows
While calculating category-wise cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile the examination authority has consider the marks scored by all the ‘successful’ candidates in their respective boards in the particular year. This percentile is matched with the published top 20 percentile of the board as announced by CBSE while determining JEE Main 2017 paper 2 result and AIR. Candidates falling under the top 20 percentile is included in JEE Main 2017 AIR and are eligible for admission.
Calculation of percentile for JEE Main 2017 Paper 2- B. Arch/B. Planning
The following subjects are taken into account for calculation of percentile of class 12
marks for JEE Main paper 2.
- Other four subjects
Rules for calculation of percentile for JEE Main 2017 result:
- While calculating, the total marks of 5 subjects was scaled (up or down) so that the total aggregate marks out of 500 can be calculated in case of any subject whose total is less than 100
- For candidates who appeared in Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016 but reappeared in 2017, the best of the two performances is considered while calculating percentile
- If the Board awards only grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, then such candidates are required obtaining a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it at the time of acceptance of the allocated seat. In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the CSAB/JoSAA is final
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks is considered. Similarly, for Boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters is considered
- Top 20 percentile cut-off for the academic year 2016 is considered for the candidates who pass the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2016
- If a candidate passes Class XII in 2016 but writes one or a few subjects in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then top 20 percentile cut-off for 2016 is considered. However, if a candidate writes all the subjects in 2017, then the better of the two performances is considered
- In case a Board does not provide information about the cut-off for the top 20 percentile, the candidate have to produce a certificate from the respective Board stating that he/she falls within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates. If the candidate fails to do so, then the cut-off marks for the CBSE is used
If a Board does not give marks scored in individual subjects but gives only the aggregate marks in class 12, then the aggregate marks given by the Board is considered in the following manner
- The category-wise cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile are calculated based on the marks scored by all the ‘successful’ candidates in their respective boards in the particular year
- The cut-off marks for PwD candidates is the same as the lowest of the cut-off marks for GEN,OBC-NCL, SC and ST categories
- It is reiterated that top 20 percentile cutoff for the academic year 2017 is considered for the candidates who pass the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2017
JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Participating Institutes
JEE Main 2017 paper 2 comprises of 30 Participating Institutes. These Participating Institutes offer a total no. of 824 seats for B. Arch Program and 133 seats for B. Planning program.
However, for admissions in IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee for B. Arch Program, candidates have to pass in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 are eligible to appear in AAT.
Candidates can check the name of some of the institutes offering B.Arch/B.Planning programmes, total number of seats and their previous year’s opening and closing rank from the table below:
Name of Institutes Offering B.Arch Programmes
|S.No||Name of Institute||Number of Seats||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|1||Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur||62||38||2475|
|2||National Institute of Technology, Calicut||14||11||2136|
|3||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||20||59||2943|
|4||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||62||14||2377|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Patna||62||11||5569|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||46||20||3286|
|7||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||80||41||3734|
|8||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur||24||144||3854|
|9||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||37||78||6481|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Raipur||62||26||7321|
Name of Institutes Offering B.Planning Programmes
|S.No||Name of Institute||Number of Seats||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|1||School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi||33||23||2292|
|2||School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada||30||85||4369|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||40||93||5493|