JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – The mock test of JEE Main 2018 is expected to be made available by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in the third week of December 2017. JEE Main 2018 for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) will be conducted offline as well as in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. Candidates planning to appear in the CBT mode must take JEE Main mock test 2018. The mock test of JEE Main will help candidates to get familiar with the CBT mode of exam and know about the structure of the question paper. JEE Main 2018 mock test will be available in Hindi and English medium for only those candidates appearing for paper 1. The mock test will comprise questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates will be given a total duration of 3 hours to complete JEE Main mock test 2018. The link to take the mock test of JEE Main 2018 will be provided here as soon as CBSE activates the same. To know how to take JEE Main mock test 2018 and for other relevant information, read the article given below on this page.
JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – Benefits
Test takers can benefit from JEE Main mock test 2018 in various ways. Some of the advantages of practising JEE Main mock test are listed below:
- After covering JEE Main syllabus, candidates must take the mock test to analyse their level of preparation and accordingly work on their strengths and weaknesses.
- As the entrance exam is time bound, solving JEE Main sample papers or taking the mock test will help candidates to improve their time management skill.
- Candidates will develop an understanding of the exam pattern and the type of questions they can expect in the examination with the help of JEE Main 2018 mock test.
- Taking JEE Main mock test 2018 will give test takers a prior experience of the computer based test mode of exam. Candidate, thus, does not have to struggle and waste time in the actual JEE Main 2018 exam while navigating through sections or while answering the questions.
How to take JEE Main Mock Test 2018
Candidates have to follow few basic steps as given below to take JEE Main 2018 mock test:
Steps to practice JEE Main Main Mock Test 2018
|Step 1||Click on ‘JEE Main Mock Test 2018’ link to be provided on this page.|
|Step 2||Click on the ‘Sign In’ button. Candidates are not required to enter any details.|
|Step 3||Read all the instructions that appear on the screen and then click on the ‘Next’ button.|
|Step 4||Go through the exam specific instructions, choose the default language, mark a tick on the declaration box and then click on the ‘I am ready to begin’ tab to begin taking JEE Main mock test.|
JEE Main Mock Test 2018 Login Window
CBSE is yet to activate the login window for JEE Main Mock Test 2018. Candidates can take the mock test of JEE Main 2018 as soon as it is made available online. In the meantime, test takers can practice JEE Main mock test of the previous year from by singing in from the login window given below:
JEE Main Mock Test 2018- Question Palette
The question palette of JEE Main 2018 mock test indicates the status of the questions. The Question palette will be displayed on the right side of the screen and each status will be shown with different colour and symbol. A screen shot of the question palette is given below:
JEE Main Mock Test 2018- How to answer a question?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to answer a question while taking JEE Main 2018 mock test:
- Click on the bubble– To answer a question of a particular section, candidates have to click on the bubble adjacent to the correct answer.
- Save and Next button– After answering the question, candidates have to click on the ‘Save & Next’ button to proceed to the next question.
- Mark answer for review– Candidates can also mark the answer for review by clicking on the ‘Mark for review & next’ button.
- Click on question number– To go to a particular numbered question, candidates have to directly click on the question number on the question palette.
JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – How to change response?
In case, candidates are not sure about a particular option they can change it by directly clicking on the desired option. The test takers can also click on the ‘Clear response’ option and then choose the appropriate option.
JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – How to navigate through sections?
The three sections; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be displayed on the top bar of the screen. To navigate from one section to another, candidates have to click on the name of the particular subject.
JEE Main Mock Test 2018- Question paper structure
In the mock test of JEE Main 2018, there will be questions from three sections, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question paper structure will be similar to the exam pattern of JEE Main 2018. The question paper pattern of JEE Main mock test is as mentioned below:
JEE Main Mock Test 2018- Paper pattern
|2.||Question type||Multiple choice questions|
|3.||Total number of questions||90|
|4.||Distribution of questions||30 questions per section|
|5.||Number of correct response||Only one correct answer for each question|
|7.||Marking scheme||Correct answer- +4
Incorrect answer- -1
JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – Important points
While attempting JEE Main 2018 mock test, candidates must keep a note of the following points:
- Countdown timer– The countdown timer will be displayed in the top right corner of the screen. It will display the remaining time available to complete the mock test of JEE Main.
- Conclusion of JEE Main mock test– When the timer reaches zero, JEE Main mock test 2018 will end by itself.
- View Questions– Candidates can view all the questions by clicking on the ‘Question Paper’ button. However, the options for the questions will not be shown.
- Question navigation– If candidates navigate to another question directly by clicking on its question number, the answer marked for the current question will not be saved.
About JEE Main 2018 – Every year, CBSE conducts JEE Main for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered in 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, 20 GFTIs. JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in the month of April and it comprises of two papers- Paper 1 (for B.Tech/B.E) and Paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Plan.). JEE Main paper 1 will be held in pen-paper based and Computer-Based mode. Whereas paper 2 of JEE Main will be held in the offline mode. JEE Main also the first stage examination for admission to the 23 IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. Around 2,20,000 top JEE Main qualifiers will be shortlisted to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest updates on JEE Main 2018
For any doubt or query regarding JEE Main Mock Test 2018– Comment below