CBSE has released a notice stating that the last date to submit the JEE Main 2016 application form has been extended. Earlier, the deadline to submit the form was 31 December 2016. However, now it has been shifted to 11 January 2016.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form – Procedure
Candidates should note that the application form of JEE Main is only available online. The Board has uploaded it on the official website only. The procedure to fill and submit the application form is as below:
- Access the link provided above.
- Register by entering the State of Eligibility, School Board of Class 12th/ Equivalent Qualifying Exam, Year of Passing or Appearing in the Qualifying Examination, Roll Number in Class 12th , Security Pin
- After successful registration, candidates will be able to fill details in the application form. In it, candidates will have to fill Exam Related, Personal, Academic, Communicational and Guardian’s details. During this step, candidates will also have to choose a Password. It should be chosen wisely, as it will be required to login and check details.
- After filling the application form and choosing the password, candidates will have to upload Photograph and Signature.
- Lastly, candidates will have to pay the application fee. The fee amounts will vary as per the category of the candidates. However, all the candidates will be able to pay it via e-challan or safe payment gateway.
JEE Main 2016 application form will not be accepted if candidates will not follow the procedure correctly. Also, the admit card will only be released in the name of the registered candidates. Hence, candidates must be cautious while filling the form and should ensure that all the information filled in it must be authentic and updated.
Another crucial point to note is that the application form of ineligible candidates will not be accepted. So, candidates must make sure that they fulfill the criteria below:
- A candidate should be born on or before 1 October 1991.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015. However, candidates writing their qualifying exams in 2016 may also apply.
- In the qualifying examination, a candidate must have studied 5 subjects. Among these Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics must be the core subjects.
- A candidate is entitled to write JEE Main 2016 only three times.
- Schedule for JEE Main 2016 Application Form: 1 December 2015 to 11 January 2016.
- Issuance of Admit Card: 2nd week of March 2016
- JEE Main 2016 will be held on: 3 April (offline mode) and 9, 10 April 2016 (online mode)
- Official answer key available: 18 to 22 April 2016
- Announcement of Result: 27 April 2016
- Rank list due on: 30 June 2016
For more information on JEE Main 2016 Application Form keep visiting. Also, if you have any questions or queries, just comment below.