The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2014 Online Exam will begin from today i.e. 9 April 2014. Many candidates will be taking the online examination first time and may be jittery about the whole concept of appearing for the online exam. First of all, the candidates need to understand need to understand it is no big a deal, if they are appearing for the exam in online mode.
Following are the general instructions associated with the JEE Main 2014 Online Exam:
- The exam will be conducted for 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours
- There will a clock set at the server depicting the remaining time through the countdown timer set in the right corner of the screen. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself and there will be no further need to end or submit the examination.
- The question palette displayed on the right side of the screen, depicting the status of each question attempted or un- attempted.
- In order to answer the question, the applicant will have to click on the question number in the question palette and the further click on save and next for saving the answer and moving to next question.
- The candidates will also have an opportunity of reviewing their questions by clicking on the question paper but note that the multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
- To select the answer, the candidate will have to click on the button on one of the options of the question.
- The answers marked for the question will be considered for evaluation and non- attempted questions will not be considered for review.
- In case of incorrect answer or incorrect response of question, one- fourth mark will be deducted and no deduction will be made from the total score in case no response is indicated for a question.
Don’t Panic and stay focused All the Best to all the JEE Main 2014 Aspirants.
Other Related Links: