GATE 2018 examination schedule has been announced. GATE 2018 is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in computer based mode on February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly referred as GATE is conducted for selection of candidates for M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D programmes in IITs/NITs/CFITs and recruitment purpose in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) like BHEL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL, etc.
GATE 2018 application form will be available in online mode from September 1, 2017. The application procedure can be filled online only through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). GATE 2018 registration process will be a five-stage procedure which includes registration, filling details, uploading of photograph, signature, thumb impression and fee payment. Candidates who will be applying for GATE 2018 must read the prospectus carefully so to avoid any mistakes while applying.
GATE 2018 can be taken by candidates who are currently in the final year or already completed B.E./B.Tech./B. Pharm/Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/ Bachelor’s degree in Science/M. Sc./M.A./MCA/Integrated M.E/ M. Tech, etc.
On an average, around 9 lakh candidates appear in GATE for securing seats in postgraduate programmes or job opportunities in PSUs. Last year, about 9, 22,167 applied for the exam and 7, 87,148 candidates appeared in the test. Among the total test takers 1, 29,149 candidates qualified the exam.
The GATE 2018 test scores will used for admission to master of engineering, master of technology and PhD programmes in the Indian Institute of Science, IIT and other higher educational institutes in India. About 20 PSUs also use GATE scores for recruitment.
The computer based test GATE 2018 will be jointly monitored and administered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2018 Highlights:
- GATE 2018 Notification: June 4, 2017
- GATE 2018 application form: From September 1, 2017
- GATE 2018 Organizing Institute (OI): IIT Guwahati
- GATE Exam Mode: GATE 2018 will be conducted in online mode.
- GATE Exam Duration: The duration of GATE exam will be 3 hours.
- Number of Papers: GATE will be conducted in 23 papers, and candidates have to appear as per the opted discipline.
- Number of Questions in GATE: The online question booklet will have a total of 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- Types of Questions: The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
Stay with http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ or latest updates on GATE 2018
For any doubt or query regarding – Comment below