IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats – Indian Institute of Science and Technology has included IIST B.Tech reservation of seats 2017 as per the rules set by Government of India. All the candidates who belong the categories such as Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste, Persons with Disability and Other Backwards Classes can apply for IIST B.Tech Admission 2017 under the IIST B.Tech reservation of seats. However, candidates must fill the Application Form of IIST B.Tech 2017 to get admission in the institute. IIST, Thiruvananthapuram has set a percentage of seats reserved for all categories which will only include if the candidates have been qualified in JEE Main 2017 and secured ranks in JEE Advanced 2017. To get all the detailed information on IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats read the article below.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats
In the table given below is the IIST B.Tech reservation of seats 2017 for all the reserved candidates:
|S.No.||Categories of IIST B.Tech 2017||IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats|
|1||Scheduled Castes||15% of the total seats|
|2||Scheduled Tribes||7.5% of the total seats|
|3||Other Backward Classes with Non Creamy Layer||27% of the total seats|
|4||Physically Disabled Candidates||3% (horizontal reservation)|
Eligibility Criteria for IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats
All the reserved candidates must fulfil the IIST B.Tech 2017 eligibility criteria set by IIST. For reservation of seats of IIST B.Tech 2017 the criterion is as follows:
- All the candidates who belong to General Category need to score a minimum 20% marks of aggregate and to be eligible for Reservation of Seats of IIST B.Tech the candidates must have at least 5% of marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- All Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates, must have Non-Creamy Layer Certificate.
- The minimum category-wise marks for OBC-NCL candidates must secure 18% and 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) & Persons with Disabilities (PD) must obtain at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
IIST B.Tech Admission 2017
- All the candidates who are willing to join B.Tech courses in IIST should appear for JEE Main 2017 conducted by CBSE, New Delhi to get qualified for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2017 conducted by IITs.
- All those candidates must secure the minimum prescribed marks as given above for all the categories.
- IIST B.Tech 2017Admission will be offered to the candidates as per the Rank List of IIST B.Tech 2017. Only those candidates who will meet the Eligibility Criteria of IIST B.Tech 2017 will be qualified for admission and inclusion in the IIST B.Tech 2017 Reservation of Seats.
- The Application form of IIST B.Tech 2017 will be made available for all the applicants from May 22, 2017, and June 12, 2017.
Stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for latest news & updates. For any queries or doubts on IIST B.Tech, 2017 Reservation of Seats leave your comments below