Admissions to the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme offered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is done on the basis of four national level entrance examinations viz., the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), IIT-JEE-Main, IIT-JEE-Advanced and the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT). The number of seats to the course being limited, the Institute will admit candidates on the basis of their merit in any of the aforesaid national examinations. A Merit list will be drawn up for this purpose on the basis of the relative performance of candidates and in accordance with provisions of the Admission Policy of the Institute.
As is the practice, allocation of seats for the upcoming academic year will also be done on the basis of the IISc 2016 Merit List that will be compiled by the Institute. To be included in the Merit List of IISc 2016, there is a minimum overall score that the candidate should have secured. No candidate shall be eligible for admissions unless he/she has secured the minimum score or cutoff that has been stipulated by the Institute and enlisted in the Merit List. To find out more about the download of the Merit List and how selection for admissions is done via the IISc 2016 Merit List, candidates can scroll below.
Procedure for download of the IISc 2016 Merit List
- The Merit List will be made accessible via iisc.ernet.in. Candidates can, therefore, directly log on to the certified website of the Institute for the download of the document
- The corresponding link to the IISc 2016 Merit List will also be updated on our website soon after its official release to facilitate convenient download
- Typically, the Merit List of IISc 2016 will be attached in the form of a PDF file and will, therefore, be directly accessible
- The merit rank can be checked by candidates against their roll number/application number
How is selection for admissions done via the IISc Merit List?
- The Institute will first compile separate Merit Lists for each of the national examinations through which candidates are admitted
- Inclusion in the Merit List will be determined on the basis of the performance of candidates in the concerned national exam and the availability of seats
- Candidates, who are found to have qualified in multiple examinations, will be enlisted in all the appropriate merit lists
- Separate Merit Lists will also be prepared for candidates belonging to various reserved categories, as per Government of India regulations
- The final selection of candidates for admissions will be done on the basis of their inter-se-merit in their respective categories
- The Institute will hold a counselling session for selected candidates. The participation of selected candidates in the counselling session is mandatory to confirm their seats and complete the necessary admission formalities.