IISc BS 2017 Eligibility Criteria is defined by IISc Bangalore for admission into the engineering programmes offered by the Institute. The admission will be done on the basis of scores obtained by candidates in either KVPY 2015 and 2016, JEE Main 2017, JEE Advanced 2017 or NEET 2017. Candidates seeking admission at IISc have to fill up the application form but before applying, they must ensure that they satisfy the Eligibility Criteria of IISc BS. Ineligible students will not be granted admission under any circumstances. In the article given below, interested candidates can check IISc BS 2017 Eligibility Criteria and ensure their eligibility for admission.
IISc BS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate applying for IISc BS Admission 2017 through any of the exam mentioned above have to meet the following eligibility requirements defined by the Institute:
- In II PUC/ Class XII, candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- In addition to the above-mentioned subjects, candidates who have studied Statistics, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics etc. are also eligible.
- In the qualifying examination, open category candidates must obtain 60% or equivalent grade. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to simply secure the pass percentage in the II PUC/Class XII examination.
- Candidates who will appear in the qualifying examination in the year 2017 are also eligible to apply for admission.
IISc BS 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Specific Exams
Along with the eligibility criteria mentioned above, IISc Bangalore has specified norms for each exam through which candidates will be granted admission. Check eligibility criteria for the individual exams below:
KVPY: Candidates applying through KVPY have to meet the following requirements
- KVPY-SA qualifiers must have appeared in 2015 and they should have been selected for the fellowship.
- KVPY-SB qualifiers must have appeared in 2015 and they should have been selected for the fellowship.
- KVPY-SX qualifiers must appear in 2015 and they should have been selected for the fellowship.
- KVPY qualifiers who have been selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates are also eligible for admission. However, they should have appeared for SA in 2014, SB/SX in 2015 and must have been selected for the Fellowship as well.
IIT- JEE Main/IIT- JEE Advanced/NEET: Candidates have to appear and qualify in either JEE Main 2017, JEE Advanced 2017 or NEET 2017. They also have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for admission. Check the category wise requirement of marks below:
|S.No.||Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks (JEE Main 2017/JEE Advanced 2017/NEET 2017)|
IISc BS 2017 Reservation of Seats
As per regulations of the Government of India and following the National List, IISc Bangalore will reserve seats for candidates belonging to the following categories:
- Scheduled Tribe candidates
- Scheduled Caste candidates
- Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates
- Kashmiri Migrant (KM) candidates
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on IISc BS Admission 2017