IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2017: International Institute of Information Technology, (IIIT) Hyderabad offers admission to eligible candidates into various undergraduate level engineering programmes. Admission to various B.Tech courses at IIIT Hyderabad will be done through four channels, namely, JEE Main 2017, Direct Admission for Students of Abroad (DASA), NTSE, KVPY (NK), and Olympiad. The online application process for candidates applying through DASA, KVPY (NK), JEE Main 2017 was made available online. Candidates who wish to take admission at IIIT Hyderabad have to fill up the application form. Interested candidates can check comprehensive details of IIIT Hyderabad B. Tech Admission 2017 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, selection procedure, counselling, etc in the article given below.
Conducting Institution: International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
What’s New in IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2017
- Unlike previous years, for the academic 2017-18, candidates applying through DASA have to qualify in both SAT and SAT Subject Test to be eligible for admission in IIIT Hyderabad. However, the essay part of SAT is not required.
- Candidates have to score a minimum aggregate score of 1600 in old format SAT and also a minimum score of 2000 in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Salient Features of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2017
- IIIT Hyderabad will grant admission to eligible students through JEE Main 2017, DASA, KVPY (NK), NTSE and Olympiad.
- Aspirants must satisfy all the conditions required to be eligible for the admission process.
- The Application forms for all the channels will be available online. Candidates have to fill up the form and pay the application fee to validate the form.
- The counselling of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech will be conducted in multiple rounds.
- Candidates have to choose the branch according to their preferences. A seat will be confirmed only after paying the requisite fee.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 Programmes
IIIT Hyderabad will offer admission into the following programmes through various channels. Check the courses offered through the four different channels given below:
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Computational Natural Sciences (CND)
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering and MS by Research in Building Science and Engineering. (BSD)
- B.Tech in ECE and MS by Research in ECE
- B.Tech in CSE and MS by Research in CSE
- B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Exact Humanities (CHD)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Computational Linguistics (CLD)
Total no. of Intake through each Channel
|Channel||Name of Programmes||Total Intake|
|JEE Main 2017||CSE, ECE, CSD, ECD, CND and BSD||210|
|DASA||CSE, CSD, ECE, ECD, BSD, CND, CLD||35|
|NTSE, KVPY (NK)||CND||15 (Includes Olympiad|
|Olympiad||CSD, ECD, CND, BSD and CLD||15 (Includes KVPY and NTSE)|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to apply for IIIT Hyderabad B. Tech Admission 2017 must satisfy the eligibility norms prescribed for each of the channels. The Eligibility Criteria for all the following channels have been mentioned below.
|JEE Main 2017||Candidates must appear in JEE Main 2017 and also separately apply for IIT- H counselling.|
|DASA (Direct Admissions for Students of Abroad)||
|NTSE, KVPY (NK)||Students must qualify in: I) NTSEII) KVPY|
|Olympiad||Candidates must have been selected for training in Science and Linguistics to represent India in International Olympiads|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 Important Dates
The important dates of all the crucial events of the channels through which admission will be done are given below.
Note: The Important Dates of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 given below is based on tentative data. It will be updated as soon as the dates are officially announced by the concerned authority.
|S. No.||Events||Important Dates|
|JEE Main 2017|
|1||Opening Date of online Application Portal for JEE Main Applicants||May 01, 2017|
|2||Closing Date of online application portal||June 05, 2017|
|1||Opening Date of online application portal for DASA applicants||March 02, 2017|
|2||Closing date of online application portal for DASA applicants||April 29, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|NTSE, KVPY (NK) and Olympiad candidates|
|1||Last date of application for NTSE, KVPY (NK) and Olympiad applicants||April 15, 2017|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 Application Form
- Candidates have to register online by providing the required details and correct email ID.
- Upon successful registration, applicants will receive an email with a verification link to the email id provided at the time of registration.
- Candidates have to click on the verification link to verify their email id.
- After verification, candidates may login and fill the application form.
- Candidates have to provide all the required details; personal and academic, as per requirement.
- The application fee for each channel must be paid in order to validate their respective application form.
IIIT Hyderabad B. Tech 2016 Application Fee
|JEE Main 2017||Rs. 1500|
|DASA (Direct Admissions for students of Abroad)||Rs. 6000|
|NTSE, KVPY (NK)||Rs. 2000|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2017 Counselling
The counselling will be held in multiple rounds. Candidates have to choose the branch according to their preferences. In each round, the institute will allot a seat to the applicant. The seats allotted to the applicants must be either accepted or declined within the given period of time. In order to confirm the allotted seat, candidates have to pay the requisite fee.
International Institute of Information Technology
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032
Phone : +91-40-6653 1000
Fax : +91-40-6653 1413
Official Website: www.iiit.ac.in
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2017