indraprastha Institute of Information and Technology (IIIT), Delhi, has declared the important dates for B.Tech 2015 admissions. Seats will be filled against class XII and JEE Main 2015 scores. Eligible candidates will be able to fill application form from 7 July 2015. Apart from this, various other important details about the admissions are given below:
IIIT Delhi B.Tech 2015 Admission Important Dates
- Online application will be released on: 7th July 2015 (Tuesday)
- Last date to submit application form is: 14th July 2015 (Tuesday)
- Merit List will be displayed on: 16th July 2015 (Thursday)
- Counseling will be held on: 18th July 2015 (Saturday)
- Wait list will be displayed on: 20th July 2015 (Monday)
Apart from the important dates, the institution has also released the eligibility criteria and the admission procedure. Only those candidates are eligible to apply, who will satisfy the criterion below:
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 exam, from CBSE/ICSE/IB board or equivalent. In it, the aggregate achieved should not be less than 80%. Also, candidates must have score more than 80% in Mathematics examination.
- Apart from this, the aspirant should be less than 25 years old
Reservation of seats also has been disclosed. For CSE and ECE there are 110 and 70 seats, respectively. Out of these 80% will be reserved for the residents of Delhi, and the rest of it for the outsider. Also, 12 supernumerary seats will be reserved for NRI/ POI. Whereas, one will be reserved for candidate belonging to Jammu and Kashmir.
Admission will be granted on the basis of class XII and JEE Main 2015 (Paper-1) score. 40% weightage will be given to the class XII score. Whereas, 60% to JEE Main 2015 scores. The institute will also give 10 bonus points for any of these: Olympiads, Procon Junior Programming Contest, National Talent Search Scholarship, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), Sports, Chess-FIDE rating players, Culture.
If a candidates will hold qualification in more than one of the above then they will receive higher marks under any of the category. Also, the scores of all of the above will be valid only for two years.
We wish all the entrants, who will write the upcoming entrance examinations, good luck. If you have queries troubling you, let us know. Comment below.