IIIT Delhi B.Tech 2014 Application Form release date has been postponed to 1st July 2014. It is notified that the online application form will be available on the official website from 1st July 2014 and the last date for Registration will be 12th July 2014.
IIIT Delhi known as Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi is a state university established by Government of NCT of Delhi. It offers top quality B.Tech programs in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), and Electronics & Communications Engineering (ECE).The admission will be conducted through the joint counselling with Delhi Technological University (DTU) and Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW). The portal for joint counselling (jacdelhi.nic.in) will be activated around mid of June.
Eligibility for applying in IIIT-D:
- Candidates interested to apply must have secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate (including Physics, Chemistry & Math) and 80% or more in Mathematics in class XII from CBSE/ICSE/IB board or equivalent, along with JEE Main score 2014
- If a board has more than five subjects for aggregate, then best five will be considered.
- Relaxation in marks for reserved categories:
i. 10% for SC/ST
ii. 5% for CW
iii. 5% for PH
iv. 5% for OBC
- A candidate should be less than 25 years of age as on the first October 2014
Reservation of Seats
- The number of seats for the CSE & ECE programs starting in 2014 is 120 & 50 respectively, of which 85% are reserved for Delhi students and 15% for outside Delhi students
- One supernumerary seat is reserved for Kashmiri Migrants and ten supernumerary seats are reserved for foreign nationals. The Institute may increase the number of seats, based on recommendations of its Board, but any such increase will be announced before the announcement of merit list
Admission Criteria – IIIT Delhi B.Tech 2014
Admission will be given to the candidates based on the total marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2014 and normalized score in Class 12th in the weightage of 60% & 40% respectively. In addition up to 10 bonus marks will be given to candidates under the following categories as mentioned below:
1. Olympiads – Indian National Olympiad in Informatics, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
2. Procon Junior programming contest.
3. National Talent Search scholarship
4. Sports – If a student has represented a state in any sport in “priority discipline” (as per terminology used by SGFI), except Chess (as Chess is dealt with separately), in National School Games organized by a School Games Federation of India, under U19 or U17 category (girls or boys)
5. Chess – FIDE rating players
6. Culture: 10 marks for those students who have received “Scholarship to Young Artistes“given by Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Important Note: If a candidate qualifies for more than one category out of all mentioned above, he/she will get higher marks under any of the categories. Scores/Certificates for past 2 years will be considered valid.
For Queries or Doubts – Contact on the below mentioned address:
Indraprastha Institute of Inf. Tech. (IIIT) Delhi
Okhla Phase –IIII
1st Floor, Academic Building,
Near Govindpuri Metro Station,011-26907400-04
IVRS Phone number: 011-26907500
E-Mail : All queries may be sent to email@example.com. The institute is not supposed to send individual replies to each candidate. Replies /clarifications, if any, will be posted only on the institute’s website. All latest news, future announcements and clarifications etc. will be posted on the official website.
Other Related Links