Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad would admit candidates in engineering UG courses for session 2015-16 under the program “IIIT Allahabad Admission 2015”. Admission process is not yet started however related details will shortly be updated here. Read the provided details for more information on the admission program and other related aspects.
Introduction to Indian Institute of Information Technology – Allahabad
IIIT, Allahabad is a deemed university which offers courses in science and information technology in India. It is one of the several IIITs in the country which facilitate UG, PG courses.
Summary of the Program
- Name of the program – IIIT Allahabad Admission 2015
- Stream – engineering
- Type – National
- Level – Undergrad
- Selection via – JEE Main 2015
- Conducting body – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad
IIIT Allahabad Admission 2015 for Undergraduates
UG courses are offered under two channels – JEE Main 2015 and DASA. We have described both of the channels here in detail so as the candidate can know which way suits him.
Admissions via JEE Main 2015
- Admissions to the four year B.Tech program in both the branches (IT & ECE) of the institute are made via Joint Entrance Examination Main 2015.
- JEE Main 2015 will be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Application form of JEE Main 2015 has already been released.
- Candidates are required to attempt the examination and obtain a valid rank.
- Counselling and allotment in the institute will be made on the basis of this rank.
Admissions via DASA
- Admission of the candidates who are either foreign nationals or studying abroad to undergraduate engineering courses in Centrally Funded Institutions (CFIs) is done via DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) scheme.
- Candidates must adhere to the eligibility criteria to become fully eligible for the admission process.
- They must have secured 60% aggregate marks/6.75 CGPA on a 10 point grade or equivalent grades in all subjects of qualifying examination.
- Qualifying exam includes – Class XII or equivalent from a state or central recognized board.
- They must have a valid SAT Subject Test (earlier known as SAT II) score (in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level –II) with a minimum score of 1440.
- Such candidates have to apply for DASA online to fill an online application form.
- DASA 2015 shall be conducted by National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal.
IIIT Allahabad Admission 2015 for Post Graduates
Admission is made on the basis of valid GATE score only through CCMT.
- A candidate who is a graduate with a valid CAT percentile score is eligible for admission.
- Admission will be made strictly on the basis of merit score. It would be calculated as follows:
- Entrance Test: 50%
- CAT Score: 30%
- Group Discussion: 10%
- Interview: 10%