HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has released the detailed notification for recruitment of Graduate Engineers from Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Civil and Instrumentation engineering disciplines. Selection of candidates in HPCL will be done on the basis of GATE 2018 scores provided they secure the required cut off marks in the exam. The online application form of HPCL Recruitment through GATE will start on January 12 and the last date for online registration is February 12, 2018. Final appointment of candidates will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in GATE 2018 exam followed by Group Discussion or Personal Interview. The application form of HPCL recruitment through GATE can be filled online and all applicants except SC/ST/PWD candidates will have to pay Rs.275/- as application fees while submitting the application form. The payment of application fees for HPCL 2018 recruitment can be paid through online and offline mode. Applicants will need their GATE 2018 registration number mentioned on the admit card to apply for the HPCL recruitment on the basis of GATE scores. Candidates can read details of application process, eligibility criteria, important dates as well as previous year’s cutoffs for the HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 below.
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Salient Features
- Name of PSU: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, a Navratna PSU
- Name of Post: Officers
- Disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Instrumentation and Civil engineering
- Application Dates: January 12, 2018 – February 12, 2018
- Pay Scale: Rs. 24900/- to 50,500/-
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Important Dates
HPCL, has announced the dates for application process for the recruitment of Officers on the basis of GATE 2018 scores. The application process of HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 will commence from January 12 and aspirants will be able to apply until February 12, 2018. Candidates can refer to all the important dates of HPCL recruitment via GATE is as given below.
HPCL recruitment via GATE 2018 Dates
|1||Application process of GATE 2018 starts on||August 31, 2017|
|2||GATE 2018- Last date for online registration||October 5, 2017|
|3||GATE 2018 admit card release date||January 5, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 exam date||February 3, 4 10 and 11, 2018|
|5||HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 starts on||January 12, 2018|
|6||Last date to fill the application for HPCL recruitment via GATE||February 12, 2018|
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
HPCL has fixed a few eligibility conditions for aspirants who will participate in the HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018. The eligibility conditions state the requirements in terms of academic qualification, marks,age limit and physical fitness. Aspirants can check the complete eligibility criteria for HPCL recruitment through GATE as given below.
HPCL Recruitment 2018 Eligibility
Candidates should have qualified B.Tech/ B.E. /B.Sc Engineering or equivalent degree.
All the qualifications should be 4-year full time regular course/s approved by AICTE/ UGC recognised university/Deemed university.
The courses offered by Autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE)
|Aggregate Marks||UR, OBC NCL||Minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations|
|SC,ST, PWD||Minimum 50% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations|
|Age Limit||UR||The maximum age limit for UR candidates is 25 years i.e. he/she should have been born on or after June 30, 1993.|
|SC/ST//OBC NCL /PWD||Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the presidential directives|
|Physical/Medical Fitness||All||Aspirants seeking employment with HPCL need to be medically fit as per corporation’s pre-employment medical standard and will have to clear medical fitness test. Defective Colour vision is a disqualification under pre employment medical norms of HPCL|
|Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2018. At the time of applying, the aggregate marks required will be same as mentioned above as per respective category|
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018- Educational Qualifications
HPCL has specified the courses and paper code under each engineering discipline for recruitment through GATE 2018. Candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper code, those who appear for a different paper code in GATE 2018 will not be shortlisted for further selection.
|S.No.||Discipline||Details||Corresponding GATE 2018 paper code|
|1||Mechanical||Electrical, Electrical & Electronics||ME|
|2||Chemical||Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining||CH|
|3||Electrical||Electrical, Electrical & Electronics||EE|
|4||Electronics and Telecommunication||Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication, Applied Electronics||EC|
|5||Instrumentation||Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics, Instrumentation & Process Control||IN|
How to apply for HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018?
The application form for recruitment of Officers in HPCL through GATE 2018 will be released on January 12 in online mode. The aspirants will have to fill the online application form of HPCL recruitment through GATE on or before February 12. The details of application process and steps to fill the HPCL 2018 recruitment have been explained below.
HPCL GATE 2018 Recruitment – Prerequisites of Online Application
Candidates can check the pre-requisites before filling the application form of HPCL recruitment through GATE as given below.
- GATE 2018 Registration Number as mentioned on the admit card
- Contact no.
- Valid and active email ID
- Scanned copy of passport size photo (same as affixed in GATE) (in jpg / gif format less than 50 kb)
- Resume (in doc/docx format less than 200kb)
Step 1: Apply online for GATE 2018
- Graduate Engineers from above mentioned disciplines of engineering willing to work for HPCL as Officers should fill the GATE 2018 application form.
- The GATE 2018 application form was released on August 31 and last date for online registration is October 5, 2017.
- Once the candidates have submitted their application form, they should download their GATE 2018 admit card on January 5 before filling the HPCL 2018 applications
Step 2: Filling up the application form of HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Once the candidates have downloaded their admit card, they should visit this page and click on the link (HPCL Recruitment through GATE application started – Apply Here) that will be provided on this page from January 12
- The link will redirect the candidates to the application form of HPCL Recruitment through GATE
- Candidates will have to enter their GATE 2018 registration number, post interested in, email id, DOB, personal and academic details.
- Before submission of the application form, candidates should preview the same to check for any mistakes and make the required corrections
- Once the candidates have completed their HPCL online application, they should click on submit.
- Upon successful submission, the system will generate a 12 Digit Application No. Candidates are advised to keep this application no. safe as it will be required in further stages of selection.
- Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph and sign at the space provided. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same as that on the GATE-2018 application form & admit card.
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Application Fees
Applicants filling the online application form of HPCL recruitment 2018 will have to pay the application fees as per their category before submitting their online application form. The payment of application fees can be done through online and offline mode. Check the steps to pay application fees as explained below.
All candidates except SC/ST/PwD candidates have to pay Rs.275/- as application fees. Check steps for each mode of payment for application fees as explained below.
HPCL Recruitment via GATE 2018 – Mode of Payment
|Online Mode of Payment||Offline Mode of Payment|
Step 1: Pay application & processing fee online by using Debit/ Credit card. The payment status will automatically change to “Payment Received”, immediately on successful receipt of fees
Step 2: Check on payment status of application if “Payment Received” is displaying.
Step 3: Take print of acknowledgement of payment and preserve the same for future reference
Step 1: After two days of submitting the online application form, take the print out of both parts of the bank challan along with the application form and deposit amount.
Step 2: Visit any branch of SBI across country and make the payment in the HPCL power-jyoti account no. 32315049001 as mentioned on the challan
Step 3: Ensure that the bank affixes ‘payment received stamp and journal no on the two parts of the challan. Collect the candidate copy from bank and preserve it for future reference
Step 4: After 2-4 working days, from the date of payment, check the payment status if it has changed to payment received
Step 5: In case payment status is not updated within 3-4 working days then kindly send the scanned copy of paid challan to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Note: Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before payment of application fees|
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Procedure
- On the basis of valid GATE 2018 marks, qualified candidates will be called for further selection process in a predetermined ratio in order of the category-wise discipline- wise merit list.
- In addition to the above, any other selection tools/tests may be administered, at the sole discretion of the management.
- Selected candidates shall have All India Transfer Liability. Posting/ Assignment can be in any SBU/Division/Department of the Corporation at any place in the country/otherwise.
- These positions generally involve working in shift duties. Selected candidates may also be posted in any of the subsidiaries/Joint Ventures or any department of Government of India.
HPCL Recruitment 2018 via GATE Selection Process
|S.No||HPCL Selection Process||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 Score|
|2||Pre-selection||Group discussions/ Alternate selection methodology/Personal interviews|
|3||Selection||Based on the medical fitness of the candidates in the pre-employment medical examination|
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – Reservation Criteria
|1||SC, ST and OBC- NCL||Reservation will be as per Government Directives|
|2||PwD candidates (with 40% or above disability)||3% of the vacancies will be reserved|
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Cutoff
HPCL will decide the cutoff scores for candidates participating in HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018. Only those candidates who qualify the GATE 2018 exam by securing marks as per the required cutoff will be called for the second stage of the selection procedure i.e. personal interview/group discussions. The cut off for HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018 will be updated as and when it will be announced. The table given below shows cut off for HPCL recruitment through GATE for last year.
HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Emoluments
The Officers selected on the basis of above selection criteria will be placed on the post of Officers for probation period of 1 year.
Details related to Remuneration Package (Cost to the company)
|Position||Salary Grade||Scale of Basic Salary||Approx. CTC***|
|Officer||A||24,900 – 50,500||10.8 Lacs|
Upon completion of the Probation period, they will be considered for confirmation in their respective grades subject to complying with attendance requirements, verification of antecedents, verification of caste status / certificate and caste validity wherever applicable, qualifying in technical competency test, performance appraisal and project evaluation
Stay with https://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest updates on PSU Recruitment through GATE 2018. For any doubt or queries on HPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 leave your comment below