HPCET 2017: The Himachal Pradesh Technical University conducted HPCET 2017 in offline mode on May 13, 2017, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. The result of HPCET 2017 was announced for all the candidates who appeared in the entrance test on May 27 by HIMTU. The registration for the counselling of HPCET 2017 has started from June 01 to 30. Candidates have to apply for the counselling in the online mode. Through the common entrance test, candidates will be able to take admission in around 10 different B.Tech courses offered by its affiliated institutes. The admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 scores and through HPCET 2017. Candidates may check all important information of HPCET 2017 result, counselling, seat allotment, eligibility criteria, participating institutes etc. in the article below on this page.
Latest: Click here to register for HPCET 2017 Counselling
What’s New in HPCET 2017
- For the academic year 2017-18, the Aadhaar Card number was made compulsory for all the candidates while applying for HPCET 2017 for B.Tech admission.
- A new exam centre, Jammu was added to the list of HPCET 2017 Exam Centres
Exam Name: Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test.
Governing Authority: Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
HPCET 2017 Salient Features
- The result has been announced online. It has been displayed on the notice board of the University.
- Rank list is prepared for the qualified candidates by taking the scores obtained by them in the examination.
- The counselling will be done for candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017 and HPCET 2017.
- The initial 50% seats will be filled by the candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017. The remaining seats will be allotted to the students passing HPCET 2017.
- Through HPCET 2017, candidates are offered admission into engineering courses of degree level offered by the participating institutes.
- There is a total number of 10 different courses offered by the participating institutes.
- Only the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria will be considered for admission.
- The application form for applying for HPCET 2017 was available online.
- The admit card was available online. Candidates have to enter their application number/ form number along with the name of the programme applied for to download the admit card.
- Candidates without the admit card were not allowed to enter the examination hall.
- The examination was based on pen and paper based examination.
- The answer key was released online after the examination is concluded.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied with it with supporting documents/ solutions.
The Result of HPCET has been made available on May 27, 2017. The result has been released online. The candidates can view their result by entering their HPCET 2017 roll number or the name of the candidate.
HPCET 2017 Rank List
- A rank list to be prepared for the qualifying candidates of HPCET 2017.
- The aggregate marks obtained by the students in the examination will be taken into account to determine the rank list.
- The rank list to be released online as well as displayed on the notice board of the university.
The online registrations for counselling of HPCET 2017 has started online from June 01, 2017. The last date for registrations is June 30, 2017. The qualified candidates will be selected on the basis of JEE Main 2017 or HPCET 2017. The first 50% seats will be allotted to the candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017 and the remaining seats will be allotted to the qualified candidates of HPCET. Only the registered candidates will be allowed to participate in HPCET counselling. Candidates have to report in person for the counselling of HPCET 2017.
HPCET 2017 Programmes Offered
A total no. of 10 undergraduate engineering courses is offered by the different colleges and Institutes participating in HPCET 2017. Check the name of the courses in the table given below.
|S. No.||Name of Programmes|
|4.||Computer Science & Engineering|
|9.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|10.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
The Important Dates of HP CET 2017 list the dates of all the events associated with the exam. To keep track of all the dates of crucial events, check the table given below.
|S No||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Online HPCET application Form was available from||March 02, 2017|
|2.||Online application form closing date||April 29, 2017|
|3.||Issuing of Admit Card||May 05, 2017|
|4.||HPCET 2017 Exam was held on||May 13, 2017 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)|
|5.||Availability of HPCET 2017 answer key||May 13, 2017|
|6.||HPCET 2017 Result was declared on||May 27, 2017|
|7.||Application Form for admission and counselling process in campuses/institutes started from||June 01, 2017|
The Participating Institutes of HPCET 2017 comprises of various govt. Colleges in the state. Candidates can check the first 10 names of the participating institutes below.
|S. No.||Name of Institutes|
|1.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt. Engineering College, Pragatinagar|
|2.||J. N. govt. Engineering College.|
|3.||Govt. Engineering College Kotla, Rampur|
|4.||Rajiv Gandhi Govt. Engineering College, NagrotaBagwan|
|5.||Green Hills Engineering College, Kumarhatti|
|6.||Dev Bhumy institute of Engineering and Technology, Una|
|7.||Bells institute of Management & Technology, Shimla|
|8.||MIT College of Engineering & Management, Hamirpur|
|9.||Himachal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kangra|
|10.||Himalayan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sirmour|
- The application form of HPCET was available online from March 2, 2017
- The entire application form was carried out online and candidates had to submit the filled in form on or before April 29, 2017
- Candidates had to pay the entrance examination fee through e- challan mode or through net banking/ credit card/ debit card
- Incomplete application form was not considered. The application fee was not refunded either.
- The printout of the application form had to be signed by parents/guardians and sent via email or by post to the “Controller of Examination” and the same had to reach the office on or before May 1, 2017.
|SC/ ST/ BPL||Rs. 1400|
HPCET 2017 Exam Centres
The Exam Centres of HPCET 2017 list the name of the cities where the examination was held. Check the name of the exam centres along with their respective codes in the list below:
|S No||Exam Centre||Code|
- The Admit Card of HPCET 2017 was released online.
- Candidates were required to enter their application form number/ name and the name of the programme to download the e- admit card.
- The e-admit card contains the applicant’s name, father’s name, photograph, address of the test centre etc.
- Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading. If candidates find any discrepancy, they must immediately contact the Controller of Examination, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur- 177001.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to take a print out of their admit card.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the test.
The Syllabus of HPCET 2017 comprises of the subject wise topics that candidates need to cover for the examination. Check the syllabus in the table given below:
|Physics||Laws of motion, kinematics, physics and measurement, rotational motion, work, energy and power, electrostatics, gravitation, properties of solids and liquids, current electricity, thermodynamics, oscillations and waves, kinetic theory of gases, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, communication system, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, optics, electromagnetic waves, dual nature of matter and radiation, electronic devices.|
|Chemistry||Atomic structure, states of matter, chemical bonding and molecular structure, some basic concepts in chemistry, solutions, chemical thermodynamics, Chemistry in everyday life, redox reactions and chemistry, equilibrium,, surface chemistry, chemical kinetics, Some p- block elements, s- block elements (Alkali and alkali earth metals), atoms and nuclei, Hydrocarbons, Organic Chemistry- some basic principles and techniques, solutions, Environmental chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, General principles and processes of isolations of elements, Surface chemistry, d- and f- block elements, p- block elements, organic compounds containing nitrogen, alcohols, phenols and ethers, Halo alkenes and halo arenes, Aldehydes, ketones & Carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules.|
|Mathematics||Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Complex number and quadratic equation, integral calculus, limit, continuity and differentiability, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Differential equations, Co- ordinate geometry, Three-dimensional geometry, Statistics and probability, Three-dimensional geometry, Trigonometry, Vector algebra, mathematical reasoning.|
|Medium of question paper||English|
|Mode of examination||Pena and paper based test|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total no. of questions||50 questions in each section|
|Total marks||100 marks for each section|
|Marking Scheme||Two marks will be awarded for every right response. For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted|
HPCET 2017 Sample Papers
Candidates who appeared in HPCET 2017 were required to practice from sample papers to prepare in a more coherent way for the examination. Sample papers were introduced to give the candidates a prior experience of the examination. Candidates have many benefits in practising sample papers. They will develop an understanding of the pattern of the question pattern. Solving sample papers will help the students to eliminate silly mistakes, increase their speed and accuracy level. Aspirants who want to score well in the examination must download and practice sample papers.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University,