Goa CET 2017: DTE Goa, conducted Goa CET 2017 on May 09 and 10, 2017. The result of Goa CET 2017 has been declared on May 15, 2017. As per the reports, Pratheek Rebello topped the exam with 70, 72 and 74 marks in his Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects respectively. The Goa Common exam was conducted for around 1,230 engineering programme seats available across five colleges. All the candidates who fulfilled the eligibility criteria will be offered admission to various engineering colleges in the State of Goa. The Goa CET 2017 was conducted at 15 exam centres across the State. The candidates will be given admission on the basis of Goa CET 2017 merit list. Candidates who appeared in the GCET 2017 were required to submit application form of Goa CET 2017 (Form A) available in offline mode. The admit card of Goa CET was issued to the candidates from April 03 to 08, 2017 after submission of the application form of Goa CET. To get all the detailed information on Goa CET 2017 eligibility, application form procedure, admit card, result and counselling read the article below.
Latest: Goa CET 2017 Result declared
Name of the Examination – Goa Common Entrance Test
Popularly known as – Goa CET / GCET
Type of Exam – State Level
Category – Under Graduate Engineering
Conducted by – Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa
- Goa Common Entrance Test was held in 15 centres in the State of Goa
- Candidates must have a valid score in GCET 2017 and must fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the GCET 2017 score obtained in Physics and Mathematics.
- The result of Goa CET 2017 has been announced on May 15, 2017
- The result is based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- The Merit list is prepared for the qualifying candidates in the exam.
- After the result candidates will be called for counselling/admission process.
The official dates of GOA CET 2017 have been announced, the candidates can check the complete schedule from the table below.
|S.No.||Goa CET 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Notification released on||March 21, 2017|
|2.||The Goa CET 2017 application form available for download||March 21, 2017|
|3.||Start date for submission of Application Form of GCET 2017||April 03, 2017|
|4.||Last date for submission of GCET 2017 application form at the reporting centres||April 08, 2017|
|5.||Last date of Application Form fill up and issue of Admit card||April 08, 2017|
|6.||Last date to submit Application Form and issue of admit card with late fees||April 28, 2017|
|7.||Goa CET(GCET) 2017 was held: Physics
|May 09, 2017 (10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
May 09, 2017 (02:00 pm to 04:00 pm)
May 10, 2017 (10:00 am to 12:00 noon)
May 10, 2017 (02:00 pm to 04:00 pm)
|8.||Result announced on||May 15, 2017|
|9.||Availability of application form for admission at notified location||May 18, 2017|
|10.||Last date for receiving form for admission at notified location||May 26, 2017|
|11.||Display of eligibility list at admission centre||June 06, 2017|
|12.||Last date for compliance with deficiencies in eligibility||June 08, 2017|
|13.||Display of Provisional merit list at admission centre||June 13, 2017|
|14.||Display of final merit list at admission centre||June 15, 2017|
|15.||First round of admission||June 16 to 23, 2017|
|16.||Second round of admission||July 14 to 20, 2017|
|17.||Additional round of admission||August 10, 2017|
|18.||Extra round of admission due to unexpected circumstances (if required)||To be notified|
Goa CET 2017 Merit List
- Merit List for the candidates will be prepared in descending order for those who have qualified in GCET 2017 on basis of the marks.
- If two or more candidate gets same marks, then the applicant with more marks in Mathematics will be counted. If marks are equal in Mathematics then marks of Chemistry will be counted for the merit list
- In case marks in both the subjects are equal then the aggregate marks of Physics and Mathematics will be calculated. If not then XII standard marks be placed.
- At last if all these are equal then Date of birth higher will be taken as final merit list.
Cutoff will be decide on the last year admission data, difficulty level of the exam, marking scheme of the exam, opening/closing ranks of different colleges of Goa. Cutoff will be set by the conducting body of Goa Common Entrance Test for B.Tech Courses. The cutoff will be provided with the release of the exam result and score card for the candidates.
- The counselling will be held for Goa CET 2017 admission for the candidates to the various engineering programme. Candidates must attend two rounds for counselling. The application Form B must be produced at the time of counselling.
- Candidate must fill the form by their own handwriting. They must fix one passport size photograph in the form and another on the acknowledgement card.
- Candidates must produce all the necessary documents required along with Form B without which they will not be allowed to take admission.
- Candidates must note the scheduled dates allotted for counselling and attend the counselling process without failure.
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility conditions in order to qualify in the GCET 2017 for Bachelor in engineering courses. Below are the norms that the candidates must note before applying for the exam.
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates Age limit is not provided by Goa Common Entrance Test 2017.
- Applicants should pass XII standard in order to appear in the entrance exam.
- They should pass from a recognised Central/ State Board.
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry should be compulsory subjects and Biology/ Chemistry/Bio technology/ Computer Science must be one of the optional subjects.
- For qualifying in the entrance exam minimum percentage marks is 45% for General and 40% marks for reserved categories such as ST, SC and OBC etc./ Diploma in any course from State Education Board or Central Board Education with a minimum of 50% / Diploma in International Baccalaureate with 50% marks and Maths as a compulsory subject.
- If in any case candidates fills up the application form and is discovered as Ineligible then the GCET 2017 conducting body can cancel/reject the application without giving any prior notice to the candidates.
- Candidates must therefore, check eligibility criteria before filling up the application form of Goa CET 2017.
Below is the table given for the candidates who belong to the reserved category and percentage of seats reserved for the admission. Candidates must note that the information will be updated as soon as the new brochure of GCET 2017 is released.
|S. No.||Reservation Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|1.||Schedule Caste (SC)*||2%|
|2.||Schedule Tribe (ST)*||12%|
|3.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)*||27%|
|4.||Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|5.||Wards of Freedom Fighters (FF) from Goa||1%|
|6.||Children of Central & State Personnel||3%|
|7.||Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1%|
|8.||GN (Parent/Grandparent born in Goa)||2%|
|9.||NRI||Up to 5%|
|10.||Kashmiri Migrant||On supernumerary basis for AICTE course|
To appear in the examination candidates must fill up the Application Form which are divided into Form A must be filled in at the time of registration and Form B must be filled in during the admission process.
- Go to the link available on this page
- Before filling up the application form read the instructions given
- Fill up the application Form A by downloading it in A4 size paper
- Affix passport size photograph and fill in the personal details and educational details.
- Candidate must prepare a Demand Draft of Rs 1500/- and send it to Director of Technical Education payable at Panaji on any scheduled bank.
- Candidates are allowed to only may through DD and not via any other means
- Candidate must submit the application form with passport size photograph to the above- mentioned address.
- Applicants are advised to keep a photocopy of the submitted form and payment slips for further use.
Below is the table given for the candidates to select the exam centres in which they can appear for the Goa CET (GCET) 2017. Applicants must note that the exam centres are based on previous year’s data. We will update here as soon as the new exam centres are released.
Candidates must select at least 2 exam centres from the list given below in order of their preferences. There may be additional centres as per the requirements of Government of Goa.
|S.No||Goa CET 2017 Exam Centre||Centre Code||Exam Centre Address|
|1.||Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim)||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science|
|2.||Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|3.||Verna||12||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose Hr. Secondary School|
|4.||Navelim||13||Rosary College/Higher Secondary School of Arts & Commerce|
|5.||Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|6.||Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|7.||Ponda 1||16||A. J. De Almeida High School|
|8.||Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J. Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|9.||Bicholim||18||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|10.||Curchorem||19||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|11.||Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School|
|12.||Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|13.||Sanquelim||22.||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|14.||Cuncolim||23.||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|15.||Dharbandora||24.||BBSS, Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
The admit card for GCET 2017 was available only in offline mode. Candidates were required to be present in person to get the admit card as per the given date. They cannot download the admit card from any website and it will not be sent via post/email/fax.
The Goa CET 2017 Admit Card will contain
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Photograph of the candidate
- Exam Roll Number
- Exam Centre and Date of examination
The syllabus of GCET is based on three subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must follow the syllabus in order to get hold of all the important topics for the entrance exam. The syllabus is based on the syllabus of XII standard as prescribed Goa State Board.
Candidates must follow the exam pattern set the Goa CET (GCET) in order to know the structure of the question paper for the entrance exam. Below is the exam pattern prescribed by Goa State Board:
|Exam Mode||Offline (answers must be marked in OMR sheets provided)|
|Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|Total no. of questions per subject||75 questions for each subject|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and no negative marking for wrong answers|
Chairman, Admission Committee
Directorate of Technical Education
Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa, 403 521.
Phone (0832) 2416370
To know more about Goa CET (GCET) 2017 keep visiting this page