GITAM GAT PGT 2017 – The GITAM University will conduct GITAM GAT PGT from April 16 to 30, 2017. The examination will be held in CBT mode and the candidates must apply in order to take it. The application form for the exam is only available online and the candidates are required to submit it in the prescribed format. The University has only invited eligible candidates to apply for the examination, that too before March 31, 2017. The admission in the University will also be done on the basis of GATE score as well. Hence, allowing exemption of GATE qualifiers from taking the GITAM GAT PGT. Check below GITAM GAT PGT 2017 crucial dates, eligibility criteria, application process, selection process and more information.
Latest: GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Slot Booking available book your slot here
What’s New in GITAM GAT PGT 2017?
- Four more exam centres have been added to the list. Now, the candidates may also take the exam in Velivennu, Mumbai, Berhampur, Ahmedabad states.
- The marking scheme of the examination has changed. Instead of 300 marks, now the entire paper is of 400 marks.
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Salient Features
The salient features of the GITAM GAT PGT 2017 are mentioned below:
- Exam Name: GITAM GAT Post Graduation Test (GITAM GAT PGT)
- Conducted By: Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM)
- Level of Exam: National Level
- Course Offered: PG Engineering, Master in Technology
- Campuses: Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Programs Offered
The following M.Tech programs are offered in Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad Campuses of GITAM.
|1.||Computer Science and Technology (CST)||Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad|
|2.||Software Engineering (SE)||Visakhapatnam|
|3.||Information Technology (IT)||Visakhapatnam|
|4.||Data Sciences (DS)||Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad|
|5.||RF and Microwave Engineering (RF and ME)||Visakhapatnam|
|6.||VLSI Design||Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad|
|7.||Embedded System (EBD)||Visakhapatnam|
|8.||Digital System and Signal Processing (DSSP)||Visakhapatnam|
|9.||Electronics Instrumentation (EI)||Visakhapatnam|
|10.||Structural Engineering and Natural Disaster Management (SENDM)||Visakhapatnam|
|11.||Power System and Automation (PSA)||Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad|
|12.||Machine Design (MD)||Visakhapatnam|
|14.||Computer Aided Design and Manufacture Engineering (CADME)||Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad|
|15.||Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM)||Visakhapatnam|
|17.||Food Processing Technology (FPT)||Visakhapatnam|
The important dates of the examination are as mentioned below.
|Availability of application form||November 10, 2016|
|Deadline to submit application form||March 31, 2017|
|Dates for slot booking||April 9 to 13, 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||April 9, 2017|
|GITAM GAT PGT 2017 will be held on||April 16 to 30, 2017|
|Announcement of the result||May 5, 2017|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2017|
The eligibility criteria of GITAM GAT PGT 2017, to be satisfied by the candidates, is as mentioned below.
- Candidates should have secured, at least, 60% marks in B.Tech/B.E/Equivalent course.
- The UG degree must have been acquired from a recognised institute.
- AMIE/GRADE-IETE qualifiers may also apply.
- Candidates in their final year are also eligible to apply. However, they must qualify their final year exam before the admission and with the minimum requisite marks.
- GATE 2017 qualifiers are exempted from taking the examination. However, they need to fulfil the criteria above.
The application form of GITAM GAT PGT 2017 is available online and offline. Candidates may avail the form via any of the mediums below:
Online Application Form
- The link to fill it has been provided above on this page.
- Candidates will have to fill personal, educational and other details in the form.
- The application fee via this medium can be submitted through Demand Drat or Online Payment Gateway.
Offline Application Form
- To avail the form via this medium, the candidates need to send a request letter to Director-Admission (address mentioned below). Along the application request letter, the candidates will also have to submit a DD of Rs. 150.
- In this medium, the application fee is to be paid via Demand Draft, which should have been drawn in favour of GITAM University, payable at Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates can also reach out to selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank, Karur Vysya Bank to purchase the application form.
The application fee amount for GITAM GAT PGT 2017 is Rs. 1000. However, only for the female candidates the relaxation of Rs. 400 has been provided and they need to remit Rs. 600.
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Exam Cities
Since GITAM GAT PGT is a national level exam, the centres will be all over the nation. Earlier, there were 44 centres but now it has been increased to 48. Candidates may check some of the PGT 2017 exam centres from below. However, to check the complete list – Click Here
- New Delhi
The portal for GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Slot Booking will become functional on April 19, 2017. The link to do the booking will be provided on this page. Candidates will first have to login, by entering Application Number, Gender, and Date of Birth. Then, candidates will be required to choose a test centre, date, and slot to write the examination.
Candidates must carefully choose their slot because it will not be changed once allotted. Also, the booking will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis. Candidates might have to settle for less desired slot if booking is done towards the end.
The admit card of GITAM GAT PGT 2017 will be issued only when the slot booking will be done. It will be generated automatically after the booking. Candidates must note that once the admit card is generated, the details submitted in it cannot be changed.
It is an important document, which the candidates must carry on the exam day. Non-availability of it, will restrict candidate from entering the exam hall. It should also be noted that the candidates will also need it during the counselling and further rounds of admission. Hence, it should be preserved properly.
There will be three sections in GITAM GAT PGT 2017 for Quantitative Ability and Numerical Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence, and Verbal Ability. The candidates must check the syllabus for all the sections and prepare accordingly. Knowing the syllabus will help candidates in recognising the important and trivial chapters.
The exam pattern of GITAM GAT PGT 2017 is as given below.
|Mode||Computer Base Test/Online Mode|
|Section||In all 3 sections:
Quantitative Ability and Numerical Data Analysis
Reasoning and Intelligence
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Type/Objective Type|
|Total Questions||100 MCQ’s|
|Questions in Each Section||Quantitative Ability and Numerical Data Analysis: 40
Reasoning and Intelligence: 30
Verbal Ability: 30
|Marks per Question||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark|
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Sample Paper
The sample paper of GITAM GAT PGT 2017 can be availed online and offline. Candidates are advised to practice it in order to understand the exam pattern practically. Also, practising sample papers through both the mediums will help candidates in increasing the speed and accuracy.
The result of GITAM GAT PGT 2017 will be released online. Candidates will be able to check it from this page, by accessing the link which will be uploaded here then. To check it, candidates will have to submit their Application Number and Password.
In the result, the score of the candidates will be announced. The announced scores cannot be challenged and only on the basis of it seat will be allocated.
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of GITAM GAT PGT or GATE score. The GATE score of only those candidates will be considered who will mention so in the application form. It should also be noted that during the seat allocation, priority will be given to GATE qualifiers.
- For the counselling of GITAM GAT PGT 2017, call letter will be issued to the qualified candidates.
- All the details will be mentioned in the call letter.
- On the date and venue mentioned in the letter, candidates are required to be present.
- There, on the basis of the score and preference the seat will be allocated to the candidates.
GITAM GAT PGT 2017 Contact Details
GITAm University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda,
Visakhapatnam – 530045,
Andhra Pradesh, India
Stay with us and know all the latest about GITAM GAT PGT 2017. For any question or queries, comment below.