GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Candidates who are appearing for GITAM GAT 2017 Admission Test must ensure that they should fulfil the Eligibility Criteria for GITAM GAT 2017. The University has made some specific eligibility norms with regard to Candidate’s Age, Educational qualifications etc. It is mandatory for the candidates to fulfil the required Eligibility Criteria for admission in the University. The details related to GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria are given below.
Candidates must note that the details of the Eligibility Criteria are given as per previous year’s Brochure. The information will be updated after the release of the Brochure for GITAM GAT 2017.
The details related to GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals
- Candidates must pass in the 10+2 examination or equivalent with in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- They must have secured 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam or should get an equivalent grade.
- Candidates must pass the qualifying Examination from a recognised University in either 2017 or 2016.
Candidates must qualify in GITAM GAT 2017 exam.
For B.Tech in Biotechnology:
- Candidates should have Biology as the Core subject along with Physics and Chemistry
- Candidates should also get 60% aggregate marks in group and First Class/equivalent grade.
Note: Students who passed intermediate or 10+2 examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GITAM GAT 2017 exam.
Important points regarding GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- The First rank holders of Central and State Board exams-2017, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission in GITAM University without appearing for GAT examination provided they fulfil the GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria mentioned above. However they must submit an application seeking for admission in B.Tech programs.
- GITAM GAT 2017 is an online examination which will be held in 44 test centres.
- There will be an on-site orientation prior to the start of the test. Candidates are advised to arrive before the on-site orientation otherwise they will not be allowed to take the GITAM GAT 2017 exam.