GITAM 2015 Cutoff will be declared by GITAM University once it announces the result of the engineering entrance examination (called as GITAM Admission Test 2015), on 16 May 2015. Cutoff would be set by the university as minimum qualifying marks for admission in undergraduate courses such as B.Tech/B.E. and dual degree courses. Examination shall be held from 20 April 2015 to 10 May 2015. Cutoff is applied basically to select the best lot of candidates for further stages of admission i.e. counselling and allotment. Hence it is applied as restriction factor for the number of candidates. Read the following article for more information on cutoff and its impact on the admission. We would host the direct link to check the cutoff here.
Definition of the cutoff
GITAM 2015 Cutoff Marks is a selection parameter which is applied on the marks of the candidates to assort the best lot out of them. If the difference between marks of the candidate and cutoff is positive, the candidate would be selected for composition of the merit list. However if the difference is negative, the candidate would be dropped. As there are a limited number of seats, it is important to ensure that quality is maintained in admissions; hence the cutoff is implemented across different streams, colleges and courses.
Note: Positive difference when cutoff marks < achieved aggregate marks in the exam and negative difference when cutoff marks > achieved aggregate marks in the exam.
Factors which decide Cutoff of GITAM 2015
- Some of the factors which are employed to decide cutoff are given below.
- Number of candidates who attempt the examination
- Number of seats vacant in the participating colleges and the university
- Reservation norms and seats
- Last year admission trends
- Exam difficulty level and marking scheme
Features of GITAM 2015 Cutoff Score
- Cutoff will be decided upon before the exam results are announced by the GITAM University
- Candidates can check the cutoff to know how much marks they need to be considered for admissions
- The candidates who score marks above the cutoff or even equal to the cutoff would be called for counselling and allotment
- If the marks of the candidate are less than the cutoff would not be selected
- Cutoff would be different for each category, stream of engineering and college
Expected Rank & Cutoff: To get admission in GITAM, candidates need to attain a rank within 3000 whereas the expected cutoff is 80-100. Keep checking the article for exact Cutoff of GITAM GAT 2015.
Entrance Corner will publish the cutoff figures here once they are released officially! Stay tuned with us; you can also like us on Facebook for latest news, updates in your feed!