GATE Score Card 2018 – IIT Guwahati will release the score card of GATE 2018. The GATE score card will be available for download from March 20 to May 31, 2018. Only those candidates who have qualified in GATE 2018 can download their official GATE Score Card 2018. Candidates can also avail the GATE score card through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) until December 31, 2018 by paying an amount of Rs 500. Candidates are advised to download and print the score card of GATE 2018 within the stipulated time period after the declaration of GATE 2018 result. The link to download the GATE score card 2018 will be updated on this page once it is released by the authority. The GATE 2018 score card will contain details like the score obtained by the candidate in GATE and All India Rank (AIR). IIT Guwahati will also send the soft copy of the same to the candidate’s registered email ID. The last date to take a print out of the GATE score card will be till the last day of the academic year. Check the details of the GATE score card 2018, how to download the same and other frequently asked questions in the article below.
GATE Score Card 2018 Dates
Below are the important dates related to GATE score card 2018. The candidates can download the GATE score card after the declaration of the result. The score card will be available for download within one week after the result.
|S.No.||GATE 2018 Score Card Events||Important Dates|
|1.||GATE 2018 to be held on||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2018|
|2.||GATE Result to be announced on||March 17, 2018|
|3.||GATE score card to be made available on||March 20, 2018|
|4.||Last date to download GATE score card 2018||May 31, 2018|
|5.||Last date to download GATE score card with late fee of Rs 500||December 31, 2018|
How to download the GATE Score Card 2018
Based on GATE score card candidates can seek admission to M.Tech programmes and recruitment to PSUs. For the academic year 2018-19, the score card of GATE 2018 will be available for download on March 20 to May 31, 2018. The score card will be valid for a period of three years from the date of announcement of GATE 2018 result.
Procedure to download GATE Score Card 2018
- Candidates must login to GOAPS, then enter GATE 2018 Enrollment ID or email ID and password
- GATE 2018 Score Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must click on the download icon to save the GATE score card.
It is advisable to the candidates must print the same and keep it for further cunselling and recruitment process.
Details mentioned in GATE 2018 Score Card
Below are the details that will be printed on the score card of GATE 2018. Only those candidates who have qualified in GATE 2018 can download their official GATE 2018 Score Card.
Information given in GATE 2018 Score Card
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Registration Number
- Candidate’s Gender
- GATE 2018 Paper
- GATE 2018 Score (out of 1000)
- GATE Score Valid (From Date; To Date)
- Marks secured out of 100
- All India Rank (AIR) secured in the respective paper
- GATE Qualifying Marks for General, OBC (NL) and SC/ST/PwD candidates
- Number of candidates who appeared for the respective paper.
Normalization procedure to calculate GATE 2018 Scores
To calculate the GATE scores GATE examination authority will adopt a normalization procedure for calculation of marks in GATE 2018 in terms of the difficulty level of a paper across various sessions. It is assumed that the ability of a candidate will be the same for all the sessions. This assumption is followed as a huge number of candidates appear for GATE 2018 and allocation of sessions are done randomly. For fair results the authority makes sure that there are equal number of candidates in multiple sesions.
How is the GATE 2018 Score Calculated?
- The total marks of GATE 2018 will be 100. The actual marks obtained by the candidate in the exam is the raw score.
- The raw score would be then be normalized to arrive at the GATE score.
- Normalization will be done to account for differences in number of candidates appearing for different papers.
- For example, papers like ME, EC, CS, EE and CE have more candidates seeking admission and are held in multiple sessions. Consequently, the difficulty level of these papers very often vary from session to session.
- The normalization process ensures that candidates across these different sessions get a level playing field. The normalization process takes into account the difficulty level of each paper and rates the candidate accordingly.
Importance of GATE 2018 Score Card
- Admission for M.Tech programmmes in designated institutes in India and Abroad
- Candidates can fill the application form for PSU’s recruitment through GATE
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score 2018 will be eligible to get scholarship during their M.Tech course period.
- Some foreign universities also consider the GATE score card.
FAQs on GATE Score Card 2018
Q. Who will be issued the GATE 2018 Score Card?
Ans: All Gen/SC/ST/PwD candidates whose qualifies GATE 2018 can download GATE 2018 scorecard.
Q. How to get soft copy of the GATE 2018 Score Card?
Ans: It is generally advisable to download the score card for GATE 2018 when it is available within one week of the declaration of the result. This is a free facility and candidates who have qualified in GATE need not pay any fee for the same.
Q. Can I download GATE score card after the given date?
Ans. Candidates who wants to download the GATE 2018 Score Card after May 31, 2018 will need to pay a fee of Rs 500 online through GOAPS. Candidates must mail the authorities with details and the soft copy of the GATE score Card.
Q: I am unable to download my GATE Score Card 2018?
Ans: Have you obtained the qualifying marks or more? If no, you cant download the GATE 2018 Score Card. If yes, check the enrollment ID or Email ID and the password. If you have qualified in GATE and cannot still download the Score card, contact IIT Guwahati or your GATE 2018 Zonal Centre.
Q.: Is it important to save and keep the Score Card for GATE 2018?
Ans: The score card of GATE is an important document. The Score Card is the proof of qualifying exam and will be required for M.Tech admissions and PSU recruitment. It is advisable to download and keep the score card safely for further purposes.
Q.: How long should I safe keep the GATE 2018 Score Card?
Ans: GATE 2018 Score Card will be valid for a period of three years. M.Tech admissions are possible within three years from qualifying in GATE.
Q.: I forgot to download my GATE Score Card. Now I need it urgently. How can I get it?
Ans: The soft copy of GATE score card 2018 will be avilable to download for a specific period of time. For this, candidates have to log in to GOAPS, pay a fee of Rs 500, send your details and the payment details to IIT Guwahati. Candidates will be sent the soft copy of the score card. It is advisable that they must safe keep it.
Q.: Can I get my GATE Score Card next year say 2019 in case I misplace it?
Ans: The facility of downloading the score card will be over after a specific period and the soft copy after payment can be downloaded till the end of the year. However, candidates will not be able to download the GATE score card in the next year, they must make sure to download within the same year of result declaration.
Keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on GATE 2018 score card or drop your comments below.